Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
Find a point to point ticket
Arrive on Helsinki, Finland’s capital, and discover the bustling harbor, steep in the coastal city and wander around Senate Square. Board a train to Turku, the oldest city of the country, explore the medieval castle and admire the wooden houses of Rauma, dating back to the 16th century. Or go to Lapland and meet Santa Claus in his native city of Rovaniemi (Lapland).
If you’re fond of wildness, hop on train to Lapland. There, you should see some reindeers and have some great opportunities to go trekking, canoeing or cross-country skiing. If you are looking for Northern Lights, you will be mesmerized by the one you can see in the Arctic Circle.
If you are looking for handcrafted souvenirs, meet the local Sami communities in Finnish Lapland and buy some wooden gifts. If you prefer jewellery, high-end fashion or even antiques, rush to Helsinki’s Design District or to Marimekko, where you will also find contemporary interiors and fashion too.
Eat & Drink
High-calorie food is necessary to withstand the climate… Rainbow trout, fresh salmon or perch coming from the Finland’s inland lakes are delightful. Try a reindeer stew in Lapland, pork and black pudding stew rössyopottu in Oulu or taste Karelian beef!
By train, reach Finland’s impressive Lakeland region. You should enjoy the trip to the wild forest, the large lakes and scenic views like the Savonlinna’s medieval castle.
Top cities in Finland
The national railway company of Finland is VR
REDUCED BOAT CROSSINGS
Tallink Silja Oy
- Helsinki - Stockholm (via Mariehamn): 50% discount
- Turku - Stockholm(via Mariehamn): 50% discount
- Helsinki - Tallinn: 50% discount
- Helsinki - Rostock: 30% discount. All discounts granted on the cabin category C-A. Port taxes are extra. Finland +358(0)600 174 552 Sweden +46(0)822 2140
Viking Line 50% discount
- Turku/Helsinki - Stockholm
Railway Museums free admission
- Minkiö: Kiipuntie 49, Kiipu village www.jokioistenmuseorautatie.fi
- Jokioinen: Narrow-gauge railway museum (open June - mid August)
- Hyvinkää: www.rautatie.org Hyvinkäänkatu 9, tel +358 (0) 3072 5241
Veljekset Salmela free bus transportation
- Haparanda - Kemi/Tornio