Find a Train Ticket
OverviewExplore Berlin's explosive art scene, Hamburg's restless harbour life, Dresden's golden opera and Düsseldorf's chic boutiques. Germany's romantic river valleys and deep forests take you to fairytale castles, baroque cathedrals and charming beer gardens. Prost!
Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
Germany is a leader in rail transport in Europe. With over 41,000 km of railway tracks, trains go everywhere in Germany. The national rail company of Germany is known as the Deutsche Bahn (DB). The German high speed trains are called ICE (InterCity Express). The ICE trains mostly operate locally, however they do operate on some international routes to the Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, France and Denmark. Other trains which operate in Germany are the EuroCity which are international long-distance trains, the Intercity which are national long-distance trains and the EuroNight which are international night trains.
Head East Germany and enjoy the arty Berlin or the lively harbor of Hamburg. Hop on train to the west and admire the majestic gothic cathedral of Cologne. If you like Middle Ages, go south to visit the medieval city of Heidelberg. You should also experience the eclectic Munich.
In the Middle Rhine Valley, board on a cruise and see the Unesco-listed area with its vine landscapes. If you’re more after undulating views, you should go hiking in the Black Forest or in the Hunsrück. Then take a train to Upper Bavaria and enjoy the chocolate-box villages and the otherworldly castles.
If you go trekking to the Black Forest, bring back traditional souvenirs such as the Cuckoo clocks. Fond of good pastries? Find some Marzepan from Lüsbeck, just delightful. To go shopping, board a train to Munich or Düsseldorf, that provide a lot of boutiques.
Eat & Drink
Taste some beers like the golden Pilsener or the dark Altbier. Among the typical food, test the sauerkraut (meat and pickled cabbage), the famous currywurst (curry sausage) from Berlin or, if you stay in the north of Germany, try the herring-type rollmops.
On your way from Cologne to Koblenz, a very old and touristic city, you’ll have an amazing view on castles and vineyard of the Rhine Valley from the Ehrenbreitstein fortress, don’t forget your camera!
Interactive Rail Map
Go for our best-selling rail passes Germany
Our train tickets in Germany
Top cities in Germany
Top stations in Germany
Airports in Germany
Rail pass benefits
The national railway company of Germany is DB
A Eurail Pass valid for Germany is also valid for travel from Germany to Basel Bad (Switzerland) and Salzburg (Austria)
REDUCED BOAT CROSSINGS
BSB, SBS and ÖBB 50% discount
Boat crossings on Lake Constance (Bodensee) from May to October
Donauschiffahrt Wurm & Köck
- Linz-Passau: reservation compulsory
KD-German Rhine Line free transportation
Free sailings on boats operated by ‘KD German Rhine Line‘ making trips on the Rhine between Köln and Mainz and on the river Mosel between Koblenz and Cochem (except on boats making cruises of several days between Basel and Rotterdam or between Trier and Koblenz). An extra charge is applicable for the use of hydrofoils.
Scandlines free transportation
- Puttgarden-Rødby Færge
Tallink Silja Oy
- Helsinki-Rostock: 30% discount All discounts granted on the cabin category C-A. Port taxes are extra. Finland +358(0)600 174 552 Sweden +46(0)822 2140
Berlin Night Express
Reduced fare if the Pass is valid in Sweden (compulsory reservation of a couchette or bed); www.berlin-night-express.com
- Berlin-Malmö (includes ferry crossing Sassnitz-Trelleborg)
Europabus 20% discount
On the EB 190/190A Romantische Strasse (May to October):
- Frankfurt/M - Rothenburg ob der Tauber - Augsburg - München/Füssen. Reservation strongly recommended through www.romanticroad-coach.de or via Deutsche Touring in Frankfurt by phone +49 (0)697 903 261 or fax +49 (0)697 903 209
Meininger hostels 10% discount
Located in Berlin, München, Köln, Hamburg, Wien & London: Book direct at MEININGER hostels and get 10% off on your stay and 10 minutes internet for free.
All-you-can-eat breakfast is only € 3,50 and WiFi Internet is free in the Hostel.
Contact: email@example.com or +49(0)30 6663 6100
Free transportation on the S-Bahn in major German cities. In Berlin the Pass is only valid on the S-Bahn lines that connect the Berlin long-distance railway stations. S-Bahn can be recognized by the logo; White S on a green background.
Zugspitzbahn 10% discount
Mountain railroad Garmisch-Partenkirchen - Grainau - Zugspitzplatt and on some cable cars in the summit area
- Special Pass holder fare on Berlin Warszawa Express, Paris-Germany Night Trains.
- Reduced fare on the Expressbus from Nuremberg to Prague and from Munich to Prague.
- The German Rail Pass exempts the holder from paying a surcharge on German High Speed and quality trains such as ICE (except ICE Sprinter with compulsory reservation and supplement for special on-board service), InterCity (IC) and EuroCity (EC). German Rail Pass holders have free access to these trains however reservations are recommended during peak travel times.
- Free travel on steamers operated by ’KD German Rhine Line’ on the Rhine River between Cologne and Mainz and on the Mosel River between Koblenz and Cochem. German Rail Pass holder has to note that a free shipping line requires use of a travel day. www.k-d.de (Köln-Düsseldorfer Rheinschiffahrt AG, Frankenwerft 35, 50667 Köln, Germany)
- Lake of Constance: 50% reduction on all steamer routes operated by Bodenseeschifffahrtsbetriebe (BSB) www.bsb-online.com
- 20% reduction on Europabus: http://www.touring.de/
- Romantic Road / Romantische Strasse: Frankfurt a-m. Main-Würzburg-Rothenburg o.d.t.-Füssen (seasonal traffic). It is strongly recommended to reserve seats about 2 working days in advance on-line at www.romanticroadcoach.de or by fax + 49 69 790 32 19 / phone + 49 69 790 30
- Bayerische Zugspitzbahn: 10% discount on round trip tickets (Garmisch-Partenkirchen-Zugspitzplatt) upon presentation of the German Rail Pass. www.zugspitze.de