Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
Rome, Florence and Venice aside, think blue Mediterranean waters, sandy beaches, Alpine mountains and a foodie's paradise.
Find a point to point ticket
|La Spezia||Rome||03:11||AU$ 35|
|La Spezia||Florence||01:53||AU$ 15|
|La Spezia||Pisa||00:39||AU$ 8|
The train’s network is well developed so you can easily visit Rome and its historical monuments and then go by train to experience Firenze Renaissance architecture. Discover Venice’s canal, a perfect and romantic destination if you go in couple. Reach Naples to test the best pizzas in the world, or hop in train to Milan, the Italy’s fashion capital.
From the rolling hills of Tuscany to the water buffalo of Campania, the diversity of the Italian landscape will wow you. If you prefer basking the sun, go to Sardinia’s Costa Smeralda and enjoy the turquoise waters. Heritage lovers, why don’t you get a train to Sicily to explore ancient Greek theatres?
Be thrilled with designer labels in Milan; buy some well-known hand-blown Murano glass in the beautiful Venice. If you like wines, bring back some bottles of the red Brunello, from Montalcino, Tuscany. If you go to Umbria, painted ceramics can be a perfect gift.
Eat & Drink
Sardinia’s seafood risotto or bistecca alla florentina, buffalo mozzarella or Tuscan steaks are just so many dishes you can feast with. If you stay in Northern Italy, try some truffles and porcini mushrooms. If you are in the south, test the fiori di Zucchini, it is just delightful.
In Liguria, have a one of the kind memory boarding on train to see the sunset on traditional tiny villages of Cinque Terre region.
Top cities in Italy
Choose your city:
Florence, the capital of Tuscany region, Italy (...)
Siena, let the charm work Horses thunder around the (...)
Turin, an unforgettable experience Wide streets and (...)
Pisa, world-famous Italian city located in Tuscany (...)
Genoa is a seafaring city. Today a gritty working port, (...)
Rome, the capital of Italy Rome is the capital city of (...)
Naples, the 3rd largest city of Italy Naples, also (...)
Milan, the second largest city in Italy Milan is a (...)
In Bologna, let yourself be surprised Student city (...)
Venice is a unique experience for every traveller and (...)
Padua is a city of art. Donatello left a legacy of (...)
Como, just a delightful place to stay in Italy (...)
The enchanting town of Tirano in Lombardy northern (...)
Ancona, discover and rest! On the Adriatic coast is (...)
Assisi, beauty is at every corner In the heart of (...)
Foggia, sea, sun, and heritage of Italy Foggia… You (...)
Ventimiglia, typically italian Ventimiglia is located (...)
Verona, the city of Romeo and Juliet. Located in (...)
Top stations in Italy
Choose your city:
Firenze Campo di Marte is an important railway stations (...)
Firenze Santa Maria Novella or Stazione di Santa Maria (...)
The second largest station of the city of Milan in (...)
Milano Centrale is one of the main railway stations of (...)
Napoli Centrale railway station (Naples Central (...)
Pisa Centrale railway station is the main railway (...)
Roma Ostiense railway station is located in the city of (...)
Roma Tiburtina is the second most important railway (...)
The main railway station of Rome is the Roma Termini (...)
Venezia Santa Lucia railway station, also known as (...)
Airports in Italy
Best trains itineraries
The national railway company of Italy is Trenitalia
REDUCED BOAT CROSSINGS
Grimaldi Ferries 20% discount on official fares
(port taxes, fixed dues and special fares excluded)
- Civitavecchia-Porto Vecchio (Corsica)
- Livorno-Porto Vecchio (Corsica) For tickets and reservations fill in the form EURAIL INTERRAIL on www.grimaldi-lines.com. Italy: +39 081 496 444 Spain: +34 932 959 100
HML, service operated by Endeavor Lines
- Patras-Brindisi, extra calls at Corfu and Cefalonia during the summer. 30% discount on all categories (except the luxury cabin) in high season (15/06-15/09); 50% discount on all categories (except the luxury cabin) outside the high season. Information and booking: Brindisi +39 0831 528 531 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Rome +39 06 4740141 Email: email@example.com
Minoan Lines International
- Patras/Corfu/Igoumenitsa-Venice Free deck passage (embarkation upon availability). Seasonal surcharge: June and September € 16 per person. July and August € 26 per person. 50% discount on upgrades. Italy: +39 041 240 7177 Greece: +30 210 414 5700 The company reserves the right to apply a fuel surcharge when this is inevitable due to extraneous factors.
Superfast Ferries / Blue Star Ferries (EURAIL Member)
- Ancona-Patras Free air seats/dormitories for 1st class pass holders, free deck passage for 2nd class pass holders. Seasonal surcharge: June and September € 10 per person. July and August € 20 per person. Fuel surcharge is extra & port taxes are € 7. Italy, Ancona +39 071 202 034 firstname.lastname@example.org Italy, Bari +39 080 528 2828 email@example.com Greece +30 210 891 9130 firstname.lastname@example.org
"5 Day Italy Pass "Ian b.
We recently used a 5 Day Italy Pass, the value of which needs to be seriously considered. The great advantage of a pass is that you can travel wherever you like on the days or for the time you have the pass. Most trips, however, are carefully planned and it is rare you would take a trip you had not planned. Many trips in Italy require a reservation which costs extra. It is almost certainly better value to simply buy the ticket required rather than buy a pass and then purchase a reservation. This has been difficult in the past but with improvements in website access, purchasing tickets online is now quite simple. A further problem with the first class pass that we had is that for those trips that do not require a reservation, there is no first class. In summary, a pass may be useful for long expensive trips but for shorter trips (1-2 hours) that we took, it was not good value.