|Barcelona||San Sebastian||05:28||AU$ 41|
|Castellon De La Plana||Barcelona||02:21||AU$ 18|
|Barcelona||Murcia Del Carmen||06:47||AU$ 26|
|La Coruna||Barcelona||12:53||AU$ 45|
|Barcelona||Miranda De Ebro||04:38||AU$ 41|
The railway network in Spain consists of over 15,000 km of tracks. The national railway company in Spain is the Renfe. However there are also a number of private train operators in Spain. There are over 1,000 km of high speed tracks, allowing passengers to travel from one city to another easily and efficiently. The main Spanish high speed routes are Córdoba to Málaga, Madrid to Barcelona, Madrid to Sevilla, Madrid to Valladolid and Madrid to Levante. There are international trains connecting Spain to neighbouring countries such as France and Portugal.
Enjoy the amazing city of Barcelona, bustling streets full of shops, incredible nightlife, and a surprising architecture. As a backdrop, the Mediterranean Sea! Stroll on the Ramblas and the Gothic area, discover Gaudi’s architecture climbing to the Sagrada Familia, or walking in the Park Güell! From Barcelona’s station you can board a train for the rest of Spain and around!
From Madrid, take the 7h00 train to Santiago de Compostela. Meet the pilgrims on their way to the Cathedral, or discover the legends about the witches. If you prefer lazing on the beach, from Madrid you need only 2h20 in train to reach Malaga in the south of Spain!
From the fashion shops of Barcelona to the little boutiques of Salamanca, via the lively streets of Madrid, capital of Spain and of shopping, you will find everything you want and even more!
Eat & Drink
Tasting tapas is like tasting wine in France, you have to do it. Try the “boquerones”, or the “tortilla”, you will not have any regrets! To have another experience and atmosphere, go to Toledo, it’s only 30 minutes far from Madrid by train and you will discover game meal that is worth the trip!
If you still don’t know the Basque Country, you should visit the city of San Sebastian, in the North of Spain. There you will see old churches and historical monuments but you can also swim and enjoy a sunbath on the beautiful coasts and beaches.
Rail pass benefits
Rail Pass benefits in Spain
- 50% discount on the lines of FGC (Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya). Barcelona - Vallès, Llobregat - Anoia, Ribes de Fresser - Nuria (Rack line) Monistrol de Montserrat - Montserrat, La Pobla-Lleida (Rack line)
- 50% discount on the cable lines of Gelida and Montserrat operated by FGC.
- 50% discount on FEVE train on routes Cartegena – Los Nietos, Santander – Bilbao, Oviedo – Santander, Leon – Bilbao, Oviedo – Ferrol and local lines in Asturias, Galicia, Cantabria, Vizcaya, Leon and Murcia
- Access to Sala club lounge. Travelers who have Preferente 1st class train reservation have free access to the Sala club lounge located in several railway stations.
5% discount. HUSA-Hotels. (Login: Rail Pass password: Eurailinterrail)
- 20% discount on the official fares and 10% on accommodation supplements for Pullman seats, berth on crossings from Barcelona to Civitavecchia/Livorno (Italy), Barcelona-Porto Torres (Sardinia. Operated by Grimaldi Ferries. Ferry service varies by season.
- 20% discount on the seat fares – Alcudia-Ciudadela, Algeciras-Ceuta, Algeciras-Tánger, Barcelona-Alcudia, Barcelona-Ciudadela, Barcelona-Ibiza, Barcelona-Palma, Denia-Formentera, Denia-Ibiza, Denia-San Antonio, Ibiza-Formentera, Ibiza-Palma, Valencia-Ibiza/Palma operated by Baleria.
- Free travel from Canfranc - Oloron on buses operated by SNCF Bus.
- Free transportation between Valencia Joaquín Sorolla and Valencia Nord stations when you have a reservation for the AVE train
Museums and Attractions
- 50% discount. Railway Museums (Madrid Madrid Paseo de las Delicias, 61 Vilanova la Geltru Barcelona, Pl. Eduard Maristany, s/n)
- Hard Rock Cafe Madrid, Paseo de la Castellana, 2, Barcelona Placa, Catalunya 21 receive free gift in the Rock Shop with every purchase over €30.