Why choose us?
900,000 travellers in 2012
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Our dedicated staff at your service.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
Need assistance planning ?
Austria - Hungary Pass
Experience comfort and style, upgrade to 1st class!
- Destinations: unlimited travel on the national rail networks of Austria and Hungary.
- Reservation: compulsory for high speed, scenic and night trains.
Book your Austria - Hungary Pass
|By checking this box, I certify that all selected parties will be travelling together.|| |
Eurail Austria - Hungary Pass
Travel days The travel days indicate how often you can use a railpass.
| Prices are |
displayed in AUD.
1 to 10 pax
Child Child formula's, for those under the age of 12
1 to 10 pax
Senior Senior formula in 1st class only, for traveller from 60 included on the first day of travel
1 to 10 pax
Youth Youth formula for travellers from 12 up to 25 included on the first day of travel in 1st and 2nd
1 to 10 pax
|4 days (within 2 months)||$||255 217 n/a n/a||130 112 n/a n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 168 n/a|
|5 days (within 2 months)||$||291 248 n/a n/a||147 126 n/a n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 190 n/a|
|6 days (within 2 months)||$||325 278 n/a n/a||164 140 n/a n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 212 n/a|
|7 days (within 2 months)||$||357 305 n/a n/a||181 155 n/a n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 234 n/a|
|8 days (within 2 months)||$||393 335 n/a n/a||199 169 n/a n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 258 n/a|
|9 days (within 2 months)||$||428 364 n/a n/a||216 185 n/a n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 279 n/a|
|10 days (within 2 months)||$||461 391 n/a n/a||232 198 n/a n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 301 n/a|
Delivery fees: Standard paper tickets and rail passes are subject to a delivery fee of 6 AU$ by Post or 14 AU$ by Courier. ‘Print @ home’ and ‘Print @ the station’ tickets have no delivery fees.
Booking fees: Eurail Passes do not include a booking fee. Other passes include a 10 AU$ fee, Eurostar tickets include a 6 AU$ fee whereas tickets with no reservations include a 6 AU$ fee.
Travel up to 10 days within 2 months throughout Austria and Hungary.
Many travellers who visit Austria and Hungary agree that rail travel is not only an affordable way to go, but it’s fun as well!
Who can get
People with a permanent residence (for more than 6 months) outside of Europe, the United Kingdom, the Russian Federation or Turkey are eligible to purchase or use a Eurail Regional Pass.
How to use
- Passes must be validated within 6 months of issuing date by a railway official in one of the countries mentioned on the Eurail Regional Pass (station’s desk) who also fills in the passport number (outside promotion periods)
- Passes must be validated prior to boarding 1st train (All parties must be present when validating a Saverpass)
- The date of travel has to be entered in the correct way before boarding the first train, by the traveller, in the corresponding box of the calendar
- If an overnight train starts after 7:00pm on a validated Eurail Regional Pass, the pass holder must enter the next day’s date on the pass, provided it falls within the validity of the pass.
- If an overnight train starts before 7:00pm on a validated Eurail Regional Pass, the pass holder has to fill in two days on the pass: the starting day’s date AND the arrival day’s date on the pass, provided it falls within the validity of the pass.
Each time before boarding a train, bus or boat, it is important that passengers record their trip in the Travel Report on the Pass cover (in blue or black ink). If passengers travel without having entered the trip in the Travel Report, they risk a fine and payment of a full fare ticket.
How to activate your pass?
Before you board the train and travel with your rail pass, you need to activate or validate it at a train station. Railway staff will stamp your pass to show your first and last day of travel. All passes, whether Flexi or Regular, must be validated like this. Austria - Hungary Pass.
Benefit from bonuses in selected countries and tailor-make your tour in Europe with Eurail Regional Pass. Hotels discount, reduced boat crossing, buses, museums... your Eurail Pass allows you a wide range of negotiated offers in 15 countries in Europe so that you will fully enjoy the journey!
The national railway company of Hungary is MÁV-START
A Eurail Pass valid in Hungary is also valid on the railway lines from Sopron to Ebenfurt (Austria) and from Sopron to Szentgotthárd operated by the private railway company GYSEV
Pass benefits Hungarian Heritage Railway Park
50% discount on the entrance fee for the Hungarian Heritage Railway Park by motor train from Budapest-Nyugati station. (seasonal opening hours)
The national railway company of Austria is ÖBB.
A EurailPass valid in Austria is also valid on the railway lines from Ebenfurt to Sopron (Hungary) operated by the private railway company ROeEE
REDUCED BOAT CROSSING
Blaue Danube Schiffahrt 20% discount
- Melk - Krems
- Vienna - Dürnstein, Sundays only
- Sightseeing boat trips in Vienna
Donauschiffahrt Wurm & Köck special price
- Linz - Passau, reservation compulsory
BSB, SBS and ÖBB 50% discount
- Boat crossings on Lake Constance (Bodensee) from May to October
Meininger hostels 10% discount
Located in Berlin, München, Köln, Hamburg, Wien & London: Book direct at MEININGER hostels and get 10% off on your stay and 10 minutes internet for free. All-you-can-eat breakfast is only € 3,50 and WiFi Internet is free in the Hostel.
Contact: email@example.com or +49(0)30 6663 6100
Interactive travel map
Interested in taking a train from Vienna to Budapest? Austria and Hungary are amongst a growing list of popular travel destinations for many tourists and train travel is the preferred method of getting around!
For travel within Austria and Hungary, get an Austria-Hungary pass. You can travel all around each country and then hop on a train from Budapest to Vienna or vice versa to travel between each.
Review and ratings
Overall rating (3)
Overall appreciationExcellent 67% Very good 33% Average 0% Poor 0% Terrible 0%
No reviews for this product yet