Balkan FlexipassFrom AU$ 102 From AU$ 102 National Passes
- Unlimited travel in Bulgaria, Bosnia, Greece, Macedonia, Serbia, Montenegro, Romania and Turkey.
- Children under 4 travel for free.
- Youth ( - ) discounts available
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Balkan Flexipass is the most complete rail pass to visit the Balkan countries: Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Greece, Macedonia, Serbia, Montenegro, Romania and Turkey. There is no better way to experience the different cultures, traditions, architecture of each and every country. From Istanbul to Athens, you’ll get memories that will last forever.
With the Balkan Flexipass, you can travel where you please, whenever you want! Take as many trains as you like, there is no limit on the distance you can travel in a day. Balkan Flexipass, to put it simply, offers unlimited travel at a fixed price!
Hop on hop off trains to visit any place you want. The Balkan Flexipass gives you access to all trains, but remember that premium trains require a seat reservation. The Things to know section explains everything you need to know about seat reservations.
Enjoy the bonuses which are included in the Balkan Flexipass. You will get discounted fares for selected hotels, reduced museum fares, and more.
The Balkan Flexipass is the key to have a hassle-free trip throughout Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Greece, Macedonia, Serbia, Montenegro, Romania and Turkey.
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living outside the participating countries can use the Balkan Flexipass.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
And the Balkan Flexipass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. You’ll get discounts on cruises and ferries, and more.
With the Balkan Flexipass, the benefits like the connections it provides - are everywhere. Whether you are an adventurous traveler or avid planner, the Eurail Balkan Flexipass is your pass to freedom and an unforgettable journey of discovery.
With your Balkan Flexipass, hop on the international ferry operated by Attica Ferries and enjoy the ride between Greece and Italy.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
Q. How do I file a request to receive reimbursement through the Rail Protection Plan if there has been loss or theft ?A. Pass/ticket holders must file a police report within twenty-four (24) hours of the incident. Pass/ticket holders may purchase a replacement rail pass or rail tickets in order to continue with his/her travel plans. Upon return to your country, pass/tickets holder must submit a request to Rail Europe within thirty (30) days including a police report, replacement passes or tickets purchased abroad, airline tickets to/from Europe. A brief explanation of the situation is also necessary to better evaluate the traveler request form.
- A. TGV offers two different classes of travel: 1st and 2nd class. Larger seats that recline electronically, power sockets for laptop or mobile phone and access to the bar buffet car are among the main features you will find in TGV first class. In second class, you will enjoy comfortable seats with also an access to the bar-buffet car where you can choose from a vast selection of dishes and beverages.
- A. TGV Lyria offers direct, high speed services between Paris-Gare de Lyon, Dijon and cities such as Geneva, Lausanne, Basel, Neuchatel, Bern and Zurich. During winter, TGV Lyria snow train connects you directly from Paris to the charming resorts of the canton of Vaud (including Château-d’Oex, Leysin, Les Diablerets and Villars) and Valais (Verbier, CransMontana, Leukerbad, Saas-Fee and Zermatt, among others).
- A. We are unable to ship tickets purchased on Raileurope outside of your country of residence. We recommend that you have all travel documents in hand before departing from your country of residence.
- A. To begin using your pass, go to the ticket window at the rail station before boarding your first train and have a railroad official enter the first and last day of the validity on your pass. The railroad official will also stamp your pass and you will have to show your passport.
- A. No. There are no youth discounts for the extension. You can however have a discount if you are under 26 when buying a German Rail Pass. That means you will travel in 2nd class.
- A. On-board Frecciarossa trains, the official luggage allowance is two large bags or suitcases and one piece of hand luggage. It’s enough to enjoy a very long trip and explore the richness of Italy.
- A. Your e-ticket is included in the email confirmation you receive from Rail Europe.
- A. The pass can be purchased up to 6 months before your first travel day. The pass must be validated within 6 months of the original date of issue.
- A. Check-in is usually open 30 minutes before AVE train leaves and is closed 2 minutes before departure. Also, bear in mind that ticket control and passport checks will occur before boarding AVE Trains. For travellers carrying Eurail Pass including Spain – just remember that you need to validate your pass prior to boarding AVE trains and get a reservation.