Benelux - Germany - Switzerland PassFrom AU$ 368 From AU$ 368 Eurail
- Unlimited travel in Benelux, Germany and Switzerland
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 27) discounts available
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Eurail Benelux - Germany - Switzerland Pass is the most complete rail pass to visit the Benelux region, Germany and France. This means that the rail pass allows you to visit Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg. Those three countries are known as the Benelux. With your rail pass, you can visit popular destinations like Lyon, Munich, Zurich, Amsterdam, Luxembourg and Brussels.
With the Eurail Select Pass, you can travel where you please, whenever you want! Take as many trains as you like, there is no limit on the distance you can travel in a day. Eurail Benelux - Germany - Switzerland Pass, to put it simply, offers unlimited travel at a fixed price!
Hop on hop off trains to visit any place you want. The Eurail Benelux - Germany - Switzerland Pass gives you access to all trains, but remember that premium trains require a seat reservation. The Things to know section explains everything you need to know about seat reservations.
Enjoy the bonuses that are included in the Eurail Benelux - Germany - Switzerland Pass. You will get discounted fares for selected hotels, reduced museum fares, and more. You will also receive a free Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
The Eurail Select Pass is the key to have a hassle-free trip throughout Benelux, Germany and Switzerland.
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Benelux - Germany - Switzerland Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. With the Eurail Benelux-Germany-Switzerland Pass you may travel on Bernina Express, Chocolate Train, Wilhelm Tell Express, Glacier Express, TGV, and Thalys trains which require additional seat reservations. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Rail Pass benefits in Germany
Private and Regional Rail Roads
- Free travel on local trains (S-Bahn trains) that connects all major German cities. Berlin is an exception and Eurail Passes are only valid on the S-Bahn tracks that connect the DB railway stations of Berlin.
- 10% discount. Garmisch Partenkirchen - Grainau - Zugspitzplatt mountain railway route, and discount on some cable cars in the summit area.
- Discounted fare. Berlin Night express train operating between Berlin and Malmo, including the ferry crossing from Sassnitz-Trelleborg. Reservations are required and are an additional cost.
Ferries and Cruises
- 20% discount. Boats operated by the ’KD German Rhine Line’ on the river Rhine between Köln and Mainz and on the river Mosel between Koblenz and Cochem (except on boats making cruises of several days between Basel and Rotterdam or vice versa, or between Trier and Koblenz or vice versa). Extra charge is applicable for the use of hydrofoils.
- 50% reduction. Boats on Lake Constance operated by BSB, SBS and ÖBB (from May to October).
- 30% discount. On the offical fares for ferry crossing from Travemünde-Helsinki operated by Finnlines. Port tax and meals are an additional cost and are paid locally.
- 20% discount. On the official fares for the ferry crossing from Travemünde - Malmo operated by Finnlines. Port tax and meals are an additional cost and are paid locally.
- Various reductions on boat trips on the river Danube between Passau and Linz (Austria) or vice versa operated by Wurm & Köck.
20% discount. Europabus. Route EB 190/190A Romantische Strasse (May to October), Romantic Road, (Frankfurt am Main-Rothenburg ob der Tauber-Augsburg-Munich/Fussen). Seat reservations must be made in advance by email to email@example.com or contacting Touring Tours & Travel by Phone: +49 69 719126 261; Fax: +49 69 719126 156.
Board the international IC bus if you have a Eurail Global Pass. Reservation required and not included. If your rail pass does not include the country you are visiting, you will need a ticket and a reservation.
- 10% discount. Meininger hotels in Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Frankfurt, Hamburg.
- 10% discount. A&O hotels and hostels in Berlin, Hamburg, Munich and other German cities.
Free Hot Fudge Sundae when you order any main course. Free gift in Rock Shop for all purchase over 25 euros. Hard Rock Cafe: Berlin, Kurfürstendamm 224, Cologne, Gürzenichstr. 8, Munich, Platzl 1.
Rail Pass benefits in Switzerland
Cruises/Ferries (Lakes and Rivers)
- Reduction on regular boat services on the lakes of Geneva, Luzern, Thun, Brienz, Zurich and Biel. These are seasonal services, so please consult timetables. www.bls.ch; www.cgn.ch; www.bielersee.ch; www.zsg.ch
- Discount on regular boat services on the river Aare between Biel and Solothurn.
- 50% discount. Boats on Lake Constance (Bodensee) operated by BSB, SBS and ÖBB (from May to October).
- Discounted fare on the Wilhelm Tell Express, the nostalgic boat crossing Luzern-Flüelen including lunch and welcome package, and connecting train ride to Locarno/Lugano: (reservation compulsory)
- 25% to 50% discount. Cable Cars and Funiculars to reach mountain peaks
- Reduction. Titlis Rotair Cableway from Engleberg
- Reduction. Stanserhorn funicular/cable railway
- Reduction. To visit summit of Mount Pilatus (near Lucerne), by funicular from Alpnachstad, as well as by cable car from Kriens.
- Discount on MGB cable cars between Gornergrat & Zermatt
- Private Rail Roads (discount of 25%-50%)
- Rigi Railways
- The Jungfrau Region Railways
- Glacier Express between Disentis & Zermatt (discount of 25%)
- MGB trains between Andermatt and Göschenen
- BLM Lauterbrunnen - Grütschalp - Mürren
- BOB Berner Oberland - Bahnen
- WAB Wengeralpbahn
- BET Bergbahnen Engelberg-Trubsee-Titlis/Engelberg-Kleintitlis
- Golden Pass between Montreux-Interlaken-Luzern
- Free travel on Centovalli railway to Domodossola (Italy)
- Free access to the SBB lounge in Zurich HB for 1st class passholders.
Free travel. Rhätische Bahn AG including travel from Tirano-Lugano.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
Q. Can I borrow my travel partner’s rail pass if I prefer visiting Prague and that my partner wants to visit Hamburg?A. No, this is not possible as the extension must be accompanied by your nominative rail pass bearing your passport number, name and country of residence.
Q. Do I need more than a German Rail Pass extension to travel to Prague and then to another city if I have a 4 day in a month German Rail Pass?A. No. Only one extension is need. You can travel wherever and as many times as you want during the 4 days within 1 month in relation with your rail pass.
- A. With most passes the pass will start the when you get your pass validated by a rail official.
- A. Book 1 passenger at a time, and select the Single compartment. You will need to do this step twice, once for each passenger.
- A. Yes, you may need to make a reservation. All trains that travel internationally will require reservations. All night trains and high-speed trains will require reservations. Most trains in these countries will require reservations: France, Spain, and Italy.
- A. Toilets are easily accessible on all the trains and are usually marked with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each train car (also known as a coach), and will include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
- A. If you board a direct overnight train that departs after 7:00pm, then you use only 1 day on your pass. However, when marking the day of use for that train, be sure to mark the next day's date. If your overnight train requires a train change before midnight, then you will use 2 travel days.
- A. Timetables for European Train schedules can be difficult to read and determine what the trains are running. For fast and easy schedule results view our train times on our Train Tickets and Schedules page to view each route.
- A. We recommend that you choose the Rail Protection Plan when travelling in Europe. It provides a compensation in the case of loss or theft when you are in Europe. Conditions apply. Visit our Contact us section to get more information about the Rail Protection Plan. Please note that the Rail Protection Plan is non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
- A. Paper tickets will be sent to you by postal mail prior to departure.
answered | Posted by Cindy E. | Comments 0 | Created: 07/10/2016
answered | Posted by Grace B. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/08/2016
answered | Posted by Lucy C. | Comments 2 | Created: 26/07/2016
answered | Posted by Ramaswsamy N. | Comments 0 | Created: 08/06/2016
answered | Posted by Samantha A. | Comments 0 | Created: 24/05/2016