Britrail England PassFrom AU$ 140 From AU$ 140 BritRail
- Unlimited travel in England.
- Discount for families or groups of 3-9 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children under 5 travel for free.More details
- Youth (16 - 25) discounts available
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
The BritRail England Pass is the ideal rail pass to visit England. Discover the most popular cities of Enlgand, starting with London, its trendy capital. Reach other iconic cities like Liverpool, Manchester, Bath, Cambridge and more. Take the train to discover the peaceful English countryside and typical seaside towns.
With the BritRail England Pass, you can travel where you please, whenever you want! Take as many trains as you like, there is no limit on the distance you can travel in a day. The Britrail England Pass, to put it simply, offers unlimited travel at a fixed price!
Hop on hop off trains to visit any place you want. The BritRail England Pass gives you access to all trains, but remember that premium trains require a seat reservation. The Things to know section explains everything you need to know about seat reservations.
The BritRail England Pass is the key to have a hassle-free trip throughout England.
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living outside the participating countries can use the Britrail England Pass. Please note that residents of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 3 to 9 people.
- Adults usually get a 20% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 5 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 5 to 15 travel. Free travel limited to 1 child when accompanied by an adult who is a holder of a valid BritRail Pass.
As a rail pass will still be issued for the child, please make sure you include him/her in your booking.
All additional children aged 5 to 15 will benefit from a discounted fare.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
And the BritRail England Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. You’ll get discounts museums & activities, and more.
With the BritRail England Pass, the benefits like the connections it provides - are everywhere. Whether you are an adventurous traveler or avid planner, the BritRail England Pass is your pass to freedom and an unforgettable journey of discovery.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A.Refund policies for tickets will vary depending on the type of train and fare that are booked. Please check the "details" tab of each fare to obtain specific refund information for the fare you are purchasing.If you have already purchased your tickets, please review the terms and conditions that came with your documents. Except for PayPal, for which the amount can be reimbursed automatically on the PayPal account. For all the other payment services, a BIC (Bank Identifier Code) must be sent to receive the reimbursement of your purchase.
Q. Can I borrow my travel partner’s rail pass if I prefer visiting Prague and that my partner wants to visit Hamburg?A. No, this is not possible as the extension must be accompanied by your nominative rail pass bearing your passport number, name and country of residence.
- A. There is no check in or customs procedures for Italo trains. However ticket control or ID checks can occur randomly on board. Make sure to have your travel documents with you at all times.
- A. AVE trains can be booked up to 60 days in advance, giving you plenty of time to plan the trip of your life is sunny Spain.
- A. All passengers with an AVE ticket may carry up to two pieces of hand luggage, for which they will be responsible and which they must store in the designated areas. The total weight limit is 20 kg and the combined dimensions (length + width + height) of each piece of luggage must not be more than 250 cm.
- A. You can make reservations to travel on TGV Lyria trains up to 4 months before your travel date. To take advantage of the best fares, always try to buy your ticket as early as possible. And when buying your TGV Lyria tickets, check what exchange and refund conditions apply. Your fare type will be clearly stated on your ticket.
- A. First class on the TGV East offers ergonomic reclining seats with head and foot rests, non-smoking coaches, individual power outlets, reading light, ability to book a taxi for your arrival with staff on the train and a restaurant car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the TGV East offers ergonomic reclining seats with head and foot rests, non-smoking coaches and a restaurant car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. The Swiss Travel Pass must be used within 6 months of the date of purchase.It is a pre-validated pass, i.e. at the time of booking, you will be asked to indicate your first travel date.
- A. With most passes the pass will start the when you get your pass validated by a rail official.
- A. First class on the TGV France-Italy offers large, comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the TGV France-Italy offers generous legroom and bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
answered | Posted by arthur g. | Comments 0 | Created: 08/03/2016
answered | Posted by Keith W. | Comments 0 | Created: 12/05/2015
answered | Posted by Candice O. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/04/2015
answered | Posted by Danielle W. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/02/2015
answered | Posted by Cassandra O. | Comments 0 | Created: 24/02/2015
Reviews & ratings Britrail England Pass
Overall rating (7)
Overall appreciationExcellent 70% Very good 17% Average 13% Poor 0% Terrible 0%
- "Revisiting" Annette h. 16/01/2017
I used my ticket visit to visit York, A place I loved to go to when I lived in England Value for money
- "Perfect for flexibilty" Deirdre c. 18/10/2016
Used the Britrail England Pass - easy to validate at St Pancras Station and then I used it to visit London,Dover, Salisbury (Stonehenge) and up to the Lake District. Could hop on any train without reservations at any time. For flexible times and used properly, a pass is a must and good value. Value for money Convenience
- "Britrail Pass" Michael j. 23/08/2014
A very economical way of using the English railway network and very convenient being able to board any train during the allocated day without having to buy a ticket in advance. Instructions regarding border crossing into Scotland were slightly confusing but buying a ticket Edinburgh to Carlisle for the Edinburgh to Manchester day trip was only a slight inconvenience. O verall a great system which I will use on my next UK visit. Value for money Convenience
- "UK Rail Trips 8 day consc pass" Robert m. 15/12/2013
Great pass for UK rail travel. Much more flexible for daily travel unlike point to point fares which in the UK are often punishing cost-wise unless you book well (very well) in advance or travel off-peak and loose virtually half the day waiting for the cheaper fare to surface for the outward trip. As a tourist your destinations can vary on a day or even an hourly basis and the ability to hop on and off without being stuck in a queue or wasting time at stations calculating how much this leg or that leg might cost is a real advantage of this pass. You need to spend your precious time working out the timetables and the platform arrangements. Trying to calculate UK rail fares is always a challenge - given the pea and thimble approach underlying the pricing ! Transport economists are much like children - they should be seen but not so often heard, especially by rail fare policymakers ! Only downside with this type of Pass is when you strike a ticket barrier that is not staffed (or infrequently staffed eg Haywards Heath) - can be a bit tricky extricating oneself to/from the paid area - which is not found on European stations as they have not adopted the (rather strange) UK philosophy of 'paid and unpaid' station areas. Problems aside the Pass is good value if you need to travel often during the period of validity. One final comment on booked seats - the Virgin trains are rather poor at showing which seats are booked and which are not - its hard to tell . Cheers Value for money Convenience
- "Tony " Anthony w. 16/10/2013
Trains where great but due ti station renovations at Nottingham there was no lift on platform 7 and we had to lug our heavy bags up 2 flights of stairs. Value for money Convenience