Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
- Destinations: unlimited travel on the national rail networks of England, Scotland and Wales.
- Seat reservation: Not included in the pass. Must be booked separately.
Book your BritRail Pass
Travel days The travel days indicate how often you can use a railpass.
| Prices are |
displayed in AUD.
1 to 10 pax
Child Children up to 4 travel free and those aged under 16 get a discount.
1 to 10 pax
Senior Senior travellers aged 60 or over get a discount.
1 to 10 pax
Youth Travellers aged 16 to 25 get a discount.
1 to 10 pax
|3 days (continuous)||$||389 n/a 265 n/a||199 n/a 135 n/a||335 n/a n/a n/a||315 n/a 215 n/a|
|4 days (continuous)||$||489 n/a 325 n/a||249 n/a 169 n/a||415 n/a n/a n/a||389 n/a 265 n/a|
|8 days (continuous)||$||695 n/a 465 n/a||349 n/a 235 n/a||595 n/a n/a n/a||559 n/a 375 n/a|
|15 days (continuous)||$||1,039 n/a 695 n/a||525 n/a 349 n/a||885 n/a n/a n/a||835 n/a 559 n/a|
|22 days (continuous)||$||1,319 n/a 879 n/a||665 n/a 445 n/a||1,119 n/a n/a n/a||1,055 n/a 705 n/a|
|1 month (continuous)||$||1,559 n/a 1,039 n/a||785 n/a 525 n/a||1,325 n/a n/a n/a||1,249 n/a 835 n/a|
|3 days (within 2 months)||$||489 n/a 335 n/a||249 n/a 169 n/a||419 n/a n/a n/a||395 n/a 269 n/a|
|4 days (within 2 months)||$||609 n/a 415 n/a||309 n/a 209 n/a||519 n/a n/a n/a||489 n/a 335 n/a|
|8 days (within 2 months)||$||889 n/a 595 n/a||449 n/a 299 n/a||755 n/a n/a n/a||709 n/a 479 n/a|
|15 days (within 2 months)||$||1,329 n/a 895 n/a||669 n/a 455 n/a||1,135 n/a n/a n/a||1,069 n/a 719 n/a|
Delivery fees: 6 AU$ by Post or 14 AU$ by Courier for paper tickets and rail passes.
Booking fees: 10 AU$ for all passes excl. Eurail. 6 AU$ for Eurostar and tickets with no seat reservation.
Discover England, Scotland and Wales by train!
England, Scotland and Wales are so close and yet so different in culture, landscape and heritage. Travelling with the BritRail Pass makes it easy to get to know all three countries in one fantastic trip.
Who can getAny person living outside the participating countries can use the BritRail Pass. Please note that residents (more than 6 months) of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales are not eligible to use it.
How to useValidation
- Passes must be validated within 6 months of issuing date by a railway official in one of the countries mentioned on the rail pass (station’s desk) who also fills in the passport number.
- Passes must be validated prior to boarding 1st train (All parties must be present when validating a Saverpass).
- The date of travel has to be entered in the correct way before boarding the first train, by the traveller, in the corresponding box of the calendar.
The 7PM rule allows you to benefit from a free travel day. Make sure that the following conditions are respected:
- Your pass should be activated
- You should not have travelled by train prior to your boarding on the departure day
- Board a night train after 7:00 pm
- Arrive at your destination after 4:00 am on the next day
- The arrival date should be within the validity of the pass
If the conditions are not respected, then you have to enter the departure and arrival dates on your pass.
How to activate your pass?You must activate or validate your rail pass at the train station. A railway staff will write down the first and last day of validity on your pass and will stamp it. This procedure must be done before using your rail pass.Click on the link to view the features that are necessary to activate a Flexi Pass / Continuous Pass .
Eurostar, airport services, the BritRail Pass reserves you discounts negotiated especially for you:
- Up to 20% off on participating Heritage Railways Association’s railways all over the United Kingdom
- Your BritRail Pass will also allow you to benefit from London Airport Link services: Heathrow Express, Gatwick Express and Stansted Sky Train.
- Benefit also from Special Pass holder fare* available on Eurostar.
* Not valid for residents of the UK, passengers must have a valid BritRail Pass.
The BritRail Pass helps travellers explore England, Scotland and Wales by train. From Penzance to Perth, Cardiff to Carlisle, Brighton to Birmingham and Dover to Dunblane, Great Britain is waiting!
Reviews & ratings
Overall rating (32)
Overall appreciationExcellent 41% Very good 38% Average 22% Poor 0% Terrible 0%
We had no problems using the britrail pass. And we found out how much each trip would have cost separately so we definitely saved money with our britrail. We didn't have to reserve a seat and pay extra even when we chose to reserve a seat. The only criticism I have is the form the pass comes in. A piece of paper is really easily damaged and not convenient to carry around as it is in a large envelope type thing. A card or a smaller, more durable ticket would be a better and more manageable item to carry around, especially for those travelling for a long time. Value for money Convenience
"Around the UK by train"Beron a. 15/08/2013
Five weeks travelling around the UK by train using an "any fifteen days in two months" first class BritRail Pass was brilliant. Covered the UK from end-to-end (Penzance to Wick) and side-to-side (Porthmadog to Lowestoft) The convenience of having a rail pass means you can pick any train and just jump on, no booking and no hassle. The best way to see the UK Value for money Convenience