Central Europe Triangle Pass
- Destinations: Vienna, Prague, Salzburg and Budapest.
- Children under 4 travel for free.
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
The Central Europe Triangle Pass is the best rail pass to discover Vienna, Prague, Salzburg and Budapest.
It is important to know that the rail pass is valid for 3 one way journeys on the two routes below:
- Vienna - Budapest - Prague
- Vienna - Salzburg - Prague
You can start your journey from any of the cities on the routes, and you can also travel in any direction you want. This means that you can start your journey in Budapest and travel to Vienna before heading to Prague. You are, of course free, to choose another itinerary.
You can have 3 one way journeys during a 1 month period.The Central Europe Triangle Pass is therefore a great way to spend quality time in three beautiful central European countries, namely the Czech Republic, Austria and Hungary.
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living outside Austria, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Hungary can use the Central Europe Triangle pass.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. First class on the Talgo Day offers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the Talgo Day offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. You can buy all your AVE tickets trains quickly and easily online, with no booking fee, and print them in the convenience of your home.
- A. Discounted Senior rates for travelers 60 and older are available on the following passes: Balkan Flexipass-1st class BritRail Consecutive and Flexipass 1st class, BritRail England Consecutive and Flexipass 1st Class France Rail Pass, 1st Class Eurail Ireland Pass - 2nd Class Eurail Romania Pass - 1st class
Q. Should Eurostar, Thalys and other High Speed Train tickets be purchased prior to your departure date?A. Many trains such as the Eurostar offer discounted tickets for advance purchase. These fares have limited availability and sell out quickly. To receive the best price on the train you want to travel on you should purchase your tickets prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains.
- A. Eurostar Business Premier passengers will be offered a 3-course meal with refreshments at seat meanwhile in Standard Premier, you will get a light and cold meal with refreshments at seat. A bar buffet car with a selection of food and beverages for purchase is also available on Standard class.
- A. There is no Senior fare available for Italo trains. However children aged from 4 to 14 have a 25% discount on the full adult fare. As for children under 3 years old, they can travel for free if they do not require any seat.
- A. You can use your Eurail Italy pass throughout the entire Italian railway network. Eurail Italy pass holders are also entitled to several discounts and benefits on ferry crossings and more. For 1st class pass holders, transfers between Roma Fiumicino Airport and Roma Termini train station on the Leonardo Express and between Pisa airport and Florence central station are free.
- A. Sorry, partially used passes are not refundable.
- A. You can request 2 double compartments or a T4 if this type of accommodation is offered on the train you wish to travel on.
- A. All you'll need is your e-ticket # (found on your confirmation email). Please note: there may be multiple e-ticket # for your itinerary.
answered | Posted by Betty S. | Comments 0 | Created: 24/07/2016
answered | Posted by Maria O. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/07/2016
answered | Posted by meagan c. | Comments 0 | Created: 08/03/2015
answered | Posted by meagan c. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/02/2015
answered | Posted by Belinda C. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/12/2014