Central Europe Triangle Pass
- Destinations: Vienna, Prague, Salzburg and Budapest.
- Children under 4 travel for free.
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Central Europe Triangle Pass is the best rail pass to discover Vienna, Prague, Salzburg and Budapest.
It is important to know that the rail pass is valid for 3 one way journeys on the two routes below:
- Vienna - Budapest - Prague
- Vienna - Salzburg - Prague
You can start your journey from any of the cities on the routes, and you can also travel in any direction you want. This means that you can start your journey in Budapest and travel to Vienna before heading to Prague. You are, of course free, to choose another itinerary.
You can have 3 one way journeys during a 1 month period.The Central Europe Triangle Pass is therefore a great way to spend quality time in three beautiful central European countries, namely the Czech Republic, Austria and Hungary.
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living outside Austria, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Hungary can use the Central Europe Triangle pass.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. You can buy all your AVE tickets trains quickly and easily online, with no booking fee, and print them in the convenience of your home.
- A. A Eurail Select Pass offers you unlimited travel on the national rail networks of any 3, 4 or 5 adjoining countries that are connected by train or ship. These countries are to be chosen from a list of 24 participating countries.
- A. Unfortunately, you cannot request a forward-facing seat. Trains generally pull into a station in one direction, and pull out in another direction and seat positions change, depending on the train.
- A. On-board Frecciarossa trains, the official luggage allowance is two large bags or suitcases and one piece of hand luggage. It’s enough to enjoy a very long trip and explore the richness of Italy.
Q. Is it possible to travel from Cologne to Brussels by ICE and back by Thalys with a German Rail Pass Extension coupon?A. You can only travel from Cologne to Brussels with ICE trains. The extension is not valid on the Thalys train. There are 4 daily ICE trains between Germany and Belgium.
- A. You can use your Swiss pass in the whole Swiss Travel System: in all trains, Postbuses, ships, buses and even trams.
- A. The minimum check-in time for passengers with Business First tickets is 20 minutes. For passengers boarding ski trains, and passengers holding regular tickets, check-in time is 30 minutes.
- A. You can print your Lyria ticket directly from your printer at home or, alternatively, you can retrieve it from the self-service machines available at the train stations in France only before boarding your Lyria train.
- A. A saver pass is a discount rate for a group of 2-5 passengers traveling together at all times. All names will be printed on a single pass, therefore passengers will not be able to travel independently.
Q. Under train tickets and schedules, does the fare represent a per person rate or total for everyone?A. Our "Train Tickets and Schedules" section calculates the total cost of your outbound journey first, and it includes the cost for the number of people that you specify. Once you choose an outbound journey, the costs of the return journey appear.
answered | Posted by Betty S. | Comments 0 | Created: 24/07/2016
answered | Posted by Maria O. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/07/2016
answered | Posted by meagan c. | Comments 0 | Created: 08/03/2015
answered | Posted by meagan c. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/02/2015
answered | Posted by Belinda C. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/12/2014