Czech Republic - Slovakia PassFrom AU$ 184 From AU$ 184 Eurail
Enjoy 20% off your Eurail Pass
Book before 28/12/2016 and save 20% on your Eurail Pass!
- Unlimited travel in Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 25) discounts available
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Eurail Czech Republic-Slovakia Pass is the most complete rail pass to visit the Czech Republic and Slovakia, which are both located in central Europe. Discover the baroque architecture and the excellent restaurants in Bratislava, the capital city of Slovakia. Use Prague, one of the most visited cities in Europe, as a springboard to visit other destinations in Czech Republic.
With the Eurail Czech Republic-Slovakia Pass, you can travel where you please, whenever you want! Take as many trains as you like, there is no limit on the distance you can travel in a day. Eurail Czech Republic-Slovakia Pass, to put it simply, offers unlimited travel at a fixed price!
Hop on hop off trains to visit any place you want. The Eurail Czech Republic-Slovakia Pass gives you access to all trains, but remember that premium trains require a seat reservation. The Things to know section explains everything you need to know about seat reservations.
Enjoy the bonuses which are included in the Eurail Czech Republic-Slovakia Pass. You will get discounted fares for selected hotels, reduced museum fares, and more. You will also receive a free Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
The Eurail Czech Republic-Slovakia Pass is the key to have a hassle-free trip throughout the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Czech Republic - Slovakia Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. With the Eurail Czech Republic-Slovakia Pass you may travel on SuperCity, EuroCity, and InterCity trains which require additional seat reservations. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Rail Pass benefits in Czech Republic
Fress acces to CD lounges in Czech Republic. For 1st class pass holders only.
10% discount. A&O hotel and hostel in Prague.
Your rail pass allows you to benefit from a special ticket to travel on board the Expressbus from Prague-Nürnberg. Reservation necessary and not included. Must be purchased in Prague or Nuremburg.
Museums and Attractions
- 20% discount. CD railway museum in Luzna u Rukovnika
- Special fare. Bike rental at CD Bike
- Free gift. Rock Shop for purchases over € 25. Hard Rock Cafe Prague, Male Namesti, 142/3.
Board the international IC bus if you have a Eurail Global Pass. Reservation required and not included. Routes are Munchen – Prague/ Strasbourg-Mannheim-Nurnberg - Prague. If your rail pass does not include the country you are visiting, you will need a ticket and a reservation.
Rail Pass benefits in Slovakia
Up to 50% discount. Ciernohronská železnican, a historic woodland railway line which operates vintage wooden passenger trains.
- Up to 10% discount. Hotel Bankov.
- Up to 25% discount. Mercure Bratislava.
- Up to 20% discount. Kosice - Golden Royal Boutique Hotel & Spa.
- Up to 20% (March- June and September-November) and up to 25% (December-February and July-August) at the Hotel Dalia Kosice (located close to the Kosice train station).
20% off all services, plus seasonal bonus Aqua City.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding ICE trains. Just be aware that for international destinations, ticket control and passport checks will occur on boarding the train. And if you are a pass holder, just remember that you have to validate your pass prior to boarding the ICE trains.
- A. Depending on where you are traveling, there are two different rules regarding overnight travel. Some trains allow travelers departing after 7 PM to mark only the following day on the pass, meaning that only one travel day will be used. However, other trains will require that this travel use 2 days on your pass. It is recommended that you check the rules included in the ticket jacket included with your pass for more specific information.
- A. In order to accommodate a group of 5 travelers, you will need to do 2 separate requests. You have the following options: * 2 passengers in a double, and the other 3 in a T3 compartment (if offered). * 4 passengers in a T4 (if offered) and 1 passenger in a single. * 4 passengers split into 2 double compartments, and 1 passenger in a single. * Reserve all 5 in a T6 compartment. Options a, b, and c will need to be requested separately as it has been broken down. Option d can be requested all at once.
- A. First class on the TGV Medoffers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the TGV Med offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. Passes are non-transferable as travelers name appears on the Railpass, and are valid for 6 months from date of purchase, which offers you the opportunity to reschedule your trip.
- A. Yes, you may need to make a reservation. All trains that travel internationally will require reservations. All night trains and high-speed trains will require reservations. Most trains in these countries will require reservations: France, Spain, and Italy.
- A. Yes. If you have a twin pass to travel in Germany, you need two German Rail Pass Extensions.
- A. Timetables for European Train schedules can be difficult to read and determine what the trains are running. For fast and easy schedule results view our train times on our Train Tickets and Schedules page to view each route.
- A. Rail passes for children are generally half the adult fare. Some passes do not offer a child pass. Child tickets are offered on most trains and vary by train type. They are generally about half of an adult ticket. The Swiss Pass allows children under 16 to travel free when they are traveling with a parent who is holding a Swiss Pass. On BritRail passes, children 5 through 15 are free with each paying adult.
- A. Like most high-speed trains in Europe, you need to make a booking when travelling with Thalys. Passholders with passes covering the whole Thalys route (Eurail Global Pass, Eurail Select Pass including France, Benelux or Germany, depending on the route, Eurail and Benelux-France) benefit from special Passholder fares. Just bear in mind that some passes covering partially the Thalys sector like France Rail Pass but also Eurail passes including Benelux-France / France-Germany / France-Italy / France-Spain / France-Switzerland / Benelux also offer special Passholder deals. German Rail Pass is not valid on Thalys routes to Germany.
answered | Posted by Joan M. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/11/2016
answered | Posted by Ngoc S. | Comments 0 | Created: 13/11/2016
answered | Posted by Adam g. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/11/2016
answered | Posted by Helen S. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/10/2016
answered | Posted by Cindy E. | Comments 0 | Created: 07/10/2016