Czech Republic - Slovakia PassFrom AU$ 188 From AU$ 188 Eurail
- Unlimited travel in Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 27) discounts available
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
The Eurail Czech Republic-Slovakia Pass is the most complete rail pass to visit the Czech Republic and Slovakia, which are both located in central Europe. Discover the baroque architecture and the excellent restaurants in Bratislava, the capital city of Slovakia. Use Prague, one of the most visited cities in Europe, as a springboard to visit other destinations in Czech Republic.
With the Eurail Czech Republic-Slovakia Pass, you can travel where you please, whenever you want! Take as many trains as you like, there is no limit on the distance you can travel in a day. Eurail Czech Republic-Slovakia Pass, to put it simply, offers unlimited travel at a fixed price!
Hop on hop off trains to visit any place you want. The Eurail Czech Republic-Slovakia Pass gives you access to all trains, but remember that premium trains require a seat reservation. The Things to know section explains everything you need to know about seat reservations.
Enjoy the bonuses which are included in the Eurail Czech Republic-Slovakia Pass. You will get discounted fares for selected hotels, reduced museum fares, and more. You will also receive a free Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
The Eurail Czech Republic-Slovakia Pass is the key to have a hassle-free trip throughout the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Czech Republic - Slovakia Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. With the Eurail Czech Republic-Slovakia Pass you may travel on SuperCity, EuroCity, and InterCity trains which require additional seat reservations. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
And the Eurail Select Czech Republic – Slovakia Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. You’ll get discounts on buses and trains, hotels, museums & activities, and more.
With the Eurail Select Czech Republic – Slovakia Pass, the benefits like the connections it provides - are everywhere. Whether you are an adventurous traveler or avid planner, the Eurail Select Pass is your pass to freedom and an unforgettable journey of discovery.
Rail Pass benefits in Czech Republic
Fress acces to CD lounges in Czech Republic. For 1st class pass holders only.
10% discount. A&O hotel and hostel in Prague.
Your rail pass allows you to benefit from a special ticket to travel on board the Expressbus from Prague-Nürnberg. Reservation necessary and not included. Must be purchased in Prague or Nuremburg.
Museums and Attractions
- 20% discount. CD railway museum in Luzna u Rukovnika
- Special fare. Bike rental at CD Bike
- Free gift. Rock Shop for purchases over € 25. Hard Rock Cafe Prague, Male Namesti, 142/3.
Board the international IC bus if you have a Eurail Global Pass. Reservation required and not included. Routes are Munchen – Prague/ Strasbourg-Mannheim-Nurnberg - Prague. If your rail pass does not include the country you are visiting, you will need a ticket and a reservation.
Rail Pass benefits in Slovakia
Up to 50% discount. Ciernohronská železnican, a historic woodland railway line which operates vintage wooden passenger trains.
- Up to 10% discount. Hotel Bankov.
- Up to 25% discount. Mercure Bratislava.
- Up to 20% discount. Kosice - Golden Royal Boutique Hotel & Spa.
- Up to 20% (March- June and September-November) and up to 25% (December-February and July-August) at the Hotel Dalia Kosice (located close to the Kosice train station).
20% off all services, plus seasonal bonus Aqua City.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. Depending on where you are traveling, there are two different rules regarding overnight travel. Some trains allow travelers departing after 7 PM to mark only the following day on the pass, meaning that only one travel day will be used. However, other trains will require that this travel use 2 days on your pass. It is recommended that you check the rules included in the ticket jacket included with your pass for more specific information.
- A. In order to accommodate a group of 5 travelers, you will need to do 2 separate requests. You have the following options: * 2 passengers in a double, and the other 3 in a T3 compartment (if offered). * 4 passengers in a T4 (if offered) and 1 passenger in a single. * 4 passengers split into 2 double compartments, and 1 passenger in a single. * Reserve all 5 in a T6 compartment. Options a, b, and c will need to be requested separately as it has been broken down. Option d can be requested all at once.
- A. Eurostar offers 3 classes of service: 2 for 1st class and 1 for 2nd class. Business Premier which offers priority express check-in at the terminals, a dedicated ticket desk for check in, access to the Eurostar Executive lounges, spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, wifi access at the terminals, a dedicated coach for business travelers, complimentary newspapers, 3-course meal with refreshments at your seat. Leisure Select offers spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, complimentary newspapers, and 3-course meal with refreshments at your seat. Standard class (2nd class) offers generous legroom and access to a bar-buffet car where a selection of food and beverages are available for purchase.
- A. Your payment details will be encoded and sent using a secure connection. You can check the security details by clicking with your right mouse button on the payment page and then selecting ‘Properties’. A window will pop up containing all connection data. The ‘Connection’ field shows that an SSL connection is used. Your credit card information, including the number and expiration date, will not be stored.
- A. Sleeping accommodations vary according to the train and route. The most common compartments are Singles, Doubles and Couchettes. Some offer T3, T4, and Deluxe sleepers.
- A. A saver pass is a discount rate for a group of 2-5 passengers traveling together at all times. All names will be printed on a single pass, therefore passengers will not be able to travel independently.
- A. You can print your tickets from the convenience of your home or you can retrieve them from self-service machines in London St Pancras, Brussels Midi or Paris Nord station before boarding your Eurostar train.
- A. 1st Class seats often recline, there are fewer seats per car, and there is more space for luggage. On some high-speed trains, the price of a 1st Class ticket includes a meal. 1st class is generally quieter with more business and adult passengers. 2nd Class accommodations are less expensive, but not as spacious, as there are more seats per car. For trips over 2 hours we recommend that you book 1st class.
- A. You can request 2 double compartments or a T4 if this type of accommodation is offered on the train you wish to travel on.
- A. A range of discounts and special offers are available in the European countries in which your Eurail Select Pass is valid. One of the most popular benefits is the discounted and free travel on various European ferry crossings. Other benefits include discounts on hotels, museums and additional transport.
answered | Posted by Dawn N. | Comments 4 | Created: 05/04/2017
Website troubleshooting when trying to checkout train - overnight train budapest to prague 29 may 2017When searching the website, I can see a train from budapest to prague on 29 May 2017, 20:05 (overnight), 1st class, non (...)
answered | Posted by Louise D. | Comments 0 | Created: 03/04/2017
answered | Posted by Kerrie S. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/03/2017
answered | Posted by Joan M. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/11/2016
answered | Posted by Ngoc S. | Comments 0 | Created: 13/11/2016