Czech Republic - Slovakia PassFrom AU$ 185 From AU$ 185 Eurail
Enjoy 20% off your Eurail Pass
Book before 28/12/2016 and save 20% on your Eurail Pass!
- Unlimited travel in Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 25) discounts available
The Eurail Czech Republic-Slovakia Pass is the most complete rail pass to visit the Czech Republic and Slovakia, which are both located in central Europe. Discover the baroque architecture and the excellent restaurants in Bratislava, the capital city of Slovakia. Use Prague, one of the most visited cities in Europe, as a springboard to visit other destinations in Czech Republic.
With the Eurail Czech Republic-Slovakia Pass, you can travel where you please, whenever you want! Take as many trains as you like, there is no limit on the distance you can travel in a day. Eurail Czech Republic-Slovakia Pass, to put it simply, offers unlimited travel at a fixed price!
Hop on hop off trains to visit any place you want. The Eurail Czech Republic-Slovakia Pass gives you access to all trains, but remember that premium trains require a seat reservation. The Things to know section explains everything you need to know about seat reservations.
Enjoy the bonuses which are included in the Eurail Czech Republic-Slovakia Pass. You will get discounted fares for selected hotels, reduced museum fares, and more. You will also receive a free Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
The Eurail Czech Republic-Slovakia Pass is the key to have a hassle-free trip throughout the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Czech Republic - Slovakia Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
It is required that you start using your rail pass within 11 months of the date of purchase.
To use your rail pass for the first time, you have to go to any train station in Europe. A railway official will write down your passport number on the rail pass and stamp it. Don’t forget to write down the date of travel on your rail pass.
You should also record your trip in the Travel Report on the cover of your rail pass.
Please ensure that all the above information is reflected on your rail pass. An unstamped rail pass or incomplete travel information can lead to a fine and payment of a full fare ticket.
A travel day starts from midnight and ends at midnight the next day. It lasts 24 hours. During that period, you can take as many trains as you want.
You can get a free travel day with the 7 PM rule when the four conditions below are met:
- Your rail pass should be activated by a rail official.
- You must travel on board a night train which departs after 7 pm, and this trip should be the first one you are taking during that day.
- You must reach your destination no later than 4 am on the following day.
- The arrival date must be within the validity of your rail pass.
The validity is the number of travel days of a rail pass.
For a rail pass with a validity of 5 days within 1 month. If you activate your rail pass on the 1st of the month, you can travel on the 3rd, 4th, 7th, 12th and 30th of this month.
Rail pass benefits
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get your free travel pack (including a user guide and a detailed rail map) when you book a Eurail Pass with Rail Europe.
Rail Pass benefits in Czech Republic
Fress acces to CD lounges in Czech Republic. For 1st class pass holders only.
10% discount. A&O hotel and hostel in Prague.
Your rail pass allows you to benefit from a special ticket to travel on board the Expressbus from Prague-Nürnberg. Reservation necessary and not included. Must be purchased in Prague or Nuremburg.
Museums and Attractions
- 20% discount. CD railway museum in Luzna u Rukovnika
- Special fare. Bike rental at CD Bike
- Free gift. Rock Shop for purchases over € 25. Hard Rock Cafe Prague, Male Namesti, 142/3.
Board the international IC bus if you have a Eurail Global Pass. Reservation required and not included. Routes are Munchen – Prague/ Strasbourg-Mannheim-Nurnberg - Prague. If your rail pass does not include the country you are visiting, you will need a ticket and a reservation.
Rail Pass benefits in Slovakia
Up to 50% discount. Ciernohronská železnican, a historic woodland railway line which operates vintage wooden passenger trains.
- Up to 10% discount. Hotel Bankov.
- Up to 25% discount. Mercure Bratislava.
- Up to 20% discount. Kosice - Golden Royal Boutique Hotel & Spa.
- Up to 20% (March- June and September-November) and up to 25% (December-February and July-August) at the Hotel Dalia Kosice (located close to the Kosice train station).
20% off all services, plus seasonal bonus Aqua City.
Interactive Rail Map
The Interactive Travel Map will allow you to plan your trip easily in Europe. Type-in your itinerary or choose it directly from the map. You can even provide your travel dates to view trains and fares related to your itinerary.
- A. With a Eurail Italy pass, you can travel on all trains from Trenitalia, the Italian railway company. Just bear in mind that reservation is compulsory on-board Frecciarossa, Frecciabianca, Frecciargento, and Eurostar trains. Overnight trains also require reservation of the sleeping compartments.
- A. Breakfast is served before 11:00 a.m.; lunch is served between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00pm A snack is served between 2:00pm and 5:00pm Dinner is served after 5:00pm.
- A. Yes. If there is no match between your passport and the information written on your pass the pass can be taken and kept by the train manager.
- A. Dining cars are available on most long distance trains. Normally, you can just walk into most dining cars, sit down, and eat without a reservation, but you are welcome to make a reservation for a meal when mealtime is busy, or when the train attendant announces the opening of the dining car. If your train does not have a dining car, it is likely to offer passengers a buffet bar car. On local trains, there may be an attendant with a snack cart who travels from car to car, selling snacks and beverages. Train Dining cars are part of the train experience and is unrivaled by any other means of transportation. In some trains the quality of the food and the wine is up to the standard of a gourmet restaurant.
- A. A "point to point ticket" is a rail ticket valid on a specific route, between two city stations whereas a Eurail Select Pass offers unlimited travel in 3 to 5 adjoining countries on a total list of 24 countries. The Eurail Select Pass allows you to save money if travelling mainly by train from one country to another.
- A. There are two options: Option 1 You can select a Single compartment for 1 of the passengers and select a Double compartment for the 2 remaining passengers. Option 2 You can select 3 Single compartments, each will need to be requested on the website separately having 1 passenger on each reservation.
- A. You can use your Eurail Select pass on the national rail networks of the adjoining countries chosen when buying your Eurail Pass. Here is the list of the countries participating to the program: Austria, Benelux, Bulgaria, Croatia-Slovenia, Czech Republic Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Montenegro-Serbia, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
- A. The Swiss Family Card is a terrific value that allows children under 16 years of age to travel free when accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The card is free, simply request one at the time you purchase your Swiss Pass. If you forget to mention it, then present your Swiss pass before boarding the train at any Swiss train station ticket window, at the time of validation and advise them that you need a Family Card. They will be able to provide you one.
- A. You can request 2 passengers in a double compartment. If there are no Double compartments available, you can then book a shared T3 but keep in mind, the third bed will be occupied by another passenger.
- A. Train stations in Europe are very traveler friendly. Once arriving to the station there are large Departure and Arrival Boards located in the center of the most stations. Match the train number and departure time on your reservation / ticket to the train number listed on the departure board. Once you have found your train on the Departure Board, you will find a platform number where your train will be departing from. Upon arriving to your platform and you will notice that each car (also known as a coach) number on the train is clearly indicated on the side of each coach. Check your reservation / ticket for your car/coach number. You notice the class of service will also be listed in addition to the car/coach number on the side of the train. Once onboard the train, you will find that similar to an airplane each seat is clearly labeled with a number. Match the seat number on your reservation / ticket number to seat number in the train car / coach. Train stations in Europe have international pictograms that are easy to understand and are used in international airports. These pictograms will assist you once you arrive to the station. If you still have difficulty in finding your train, the stations staff can always help point you in the right direction.
answered | Posted by Helen S. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/10/2016
answered | Posted by Cindy E. | Comments 0 | Created: 07/10/2016
answered | Posted by Un J. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/08/2016
answered | Posted by Grace B. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/08/2016
answered | Posted by Romeo C. | Comments 0 | Created: 27/07/2016