Czech Republic - Slovakia PassFrom AU$ 190 From AU$ 190 Eurail
Enjoy 1 free extra travel day!
Book before 28/09/2016 and benefit from 1 additional day of travel!
- Unlimited travel in Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 25) discounts available
The Eurail Czech Republic-Slovakia Pass is the most complete rail pass to visit the Czech Republic and Slovakia, which are both located in central Europe. Discover the baroque architecture and the excellent restaurants in Bratislava, the capital city of Slovakia. Use Prague, one of the most visited cities in Europe, as a springboard to visit other destinations in Czech Republic.
With the Eurail Czech Republic-Slovakia Pass, you can travel where you please, whenever you want! Take as many trains as you like, there is no limit on the distance you can travel in a day. Eurail Czech Republic-Slovakia Pass, to put it simply, offers unlimited travel at a fixed price!
Hop on hop off trains to visit any place you want. The Eurail Czech Republic-Slovakia Pass gives you access to all trains, but remember that premium trains require a seat reservation. The Things to know section explains everything you need to know about seat reservations.
Enjoy the bonuses which are included in the Eurail Czech Republic-Slovakia Pass. You will get discounted fares for selected hotels, reduced museum fares, and more. You will also receive a free Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
The Eurail Czech Republic-Slovakia Pass is the key to have a hassle-free trip throughout the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Czech Republic - Slovakia Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
To travel on board high speed and night trains, you need to book a seat reservation.
Seat reservations are compulsory on most premium trains and are a guarantee to get a seat or a sleeping berth. As a pass holder, you will only be charged a fraction of the usual standard fare.
In most cases, you can reserve your seat up to 90 days in advance. Don’t wait too long to book your seat. They are limited!
Book a seat reservation with Rail Europe.
As an alternative to high speed and night trains, you can travel on board regional trains. Most don’t require a seat reservation when you have a rail pass so you won’t have to pay any extra charge. Just sit back and relax!
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
It is required that you start using your rail pass within 11 months of the date of purchase.
To use your rail pass for the first time, you have to go to any train station in Europe. A railway official will write down your passport number on the rail pass and stamp it. Don’t forget to write down the date of travel on your rail pass.
You should also record your trip in the Travel Report on the cover of your rail pass.
Please ensure that all the above information is reflected on your rail pass. An unstamped rail pass or incomplete travel information can lead to a fine and payment of a full fare ticket.
A travel day starts from midnight and ends at midnight the next day. It lasts 24 hours. During that period, you can take as many trains as you want.
You can get a free travel day with the 7 PM rule when the four conditions below are met:
- Your rail pass should be activated by a rail official.
- You must travel on board a night train which departs after 7 pm, and this trip should be the first one you are taking during that day.
- You must reach your destination no later than 4 am on the following day.
- The arrival date must be within the validity of your rail pass.
The validity is the number of travel days of a rail pass.
For a rail pass with a validity of 5 days within 1 month. If you activate your rail pass on the 1st of the month, you can travel on the 3rd, 4th, 7th, 12th and 30th of this month.
Rail pass benefits
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get your free travel pack (including a user guide and a detailed rail map) when you book a Eurail Pass with Rail Europe.
Rail Pass benefits in Czech Republic
Fress acces to CD lounges in Czech Republic. For 1st class pass holders only.
10% discount. A&O hotel and hostel in Prague.
Your rail pass allows you to benefit from a special ticket to travel on board the Expressbus from Prague-Nürnberg. Reservation necessary and not included. Must be purchased in Prague or Nuremburg.
Museums and Attractions
- 20% discount. CD railway museum in Luzna u Rukovnika
- Special fare. Bike rental at CD Bike
- Free gift. Rock Shop for purchases over € 25. Hard Rock Cafe Prague, Male Namesti, 142/3.
Board the international IC bus if you have a Eurail Global Pass. Reservation required and not included. Routes are Munchen – Prague/ Strasbourg-Mannheim-Nurnberg - Prague. If your rail pass does not include the country you are visiting, you will need a ticket and a reservation.
Rail Pass benefits in Slovakia
Up to 50% discount. Ciernohronská železnican, a historic woodland railway line which operates vintage wooden passenger trains.
- Up to 10% discount. Hotel Bankov.
- Up to 25% discount. Mercure Bratislava.
- Up to 20% discount. Kosice - Golden Royal Boutique Hotel & Spa.
- Up to 20% (March- June and September-November) and up to 25% (December-February and July-August) at the Hotel Dalia Kosice (located close to the Kosice train station).
20% off all services, plus seasonal bonus Aqua City.
Interactive Rail Map
The Interactive Travel Map will allow you to plan your trip easily in Europe. Type-in your itinerary or choose it directly from the map. You can even provide your travel dates to view trains and fares related to your itinerary.
- A. Depending on where you are traveling, there are two different rules regarding overnight travel. Some trains allow travelers departing after 7 PM to mark only the following day on the pass, meaning that only one travel day will be used. However, other trains will require that this travel use 2 days on your pass. It is recommended that you check the rules included in the ticket jacket included with your pass for more specific information.
- A. Validation of your pass is having a Rail Official at the train station stamp your pass as valid.
- A. No. You have to buy your Eurail Select Pass before travelling to Europe. Eurail passes can be bought up to six months in advance of your travel date.
- A. Book 1 passenger at a time, and select the Single compartment. You will need to do this step twice, once for each passenger.
- A. Yes. Passengers can use baggage lockers which are found between the coaches. However they have to make a 1 euro deposit. There are also luggage areas at the end of the carriage which can be used without any supplement.
- A. On all domestic routes in France and all international routes that depart from France. When traveling round trip on an international route you will need to print both tickets before you depart. For more detailed information on how to use a French self service kiosk review: How do I retrieve my e-tickets at French train stations?
- A. 1st Class seats often recline, there are fewer seats per car, and there is more space for luggage. On some high-speed trains, the price of a 1st Class ticket includes a meal. 1st class is generally quieter with more business and adult passengers. 2nd Class accommodations are less expensive, but not as spacious, as there are more seats per car. For trips over 2 hours we recommend that you book 1st class.
- A. Yes. If there is no match between your passport and the information written on your pass the pass can be taken and kept by the train manager.
Q. Why is printing options not authorized for all tickets which are sold on the Rail Europe Websites?A.When booking your tickets, you can choose your printing option: Paper ticket, "Print @ Home" or "Print @ the station". Paper tickets are always available. Nevertheless, the other options can be unavailable, depending on the route you have chosen. Please note that for the moment, "Print @ the station" is only offered on Eurostar, ATOC and on all trains departing from France (domestic and international trains such as Thalys, TGV Lyria etc.). The "Print @ Home" option is only offered if the booking includes a Eurostar, Thalys, French Journeys or Spanish trains.
- A. All passengers with an AVE ticket may carry up to two pieces of hand luggage, for which they will be responsible and which they must store in the designated areas. The total weight limit is 20 kg and the combined dimensions (length + width + height) of each piece of luggage must not be more than 250 cm.
answered | Posted by Un J. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/08/2016
answered | Posted by Grace B. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/08/2016
answered | Posted by Romeo C. | Comments 0 | Created: 27/07/2016
answered | Posted by Lucy C. | Comments 2 | Created: 26/07/2016
answered | Posted by Arlene I. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/07/2016