France - Germany PassFrom AU$ 304 From AU$ 304 Eurail
Enjoy 1 free extra travel day!
Book before 28/09/2016 and benefit from 1 additional day of travel!
- Unlimited travel in France and Germany.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 25) discounts available
The Eurail France-Germany Pass is the most complete rail pass to visit France and Germany, two countries which have the largest industries in Europe. Travelling by high speed train between the two countries is straightforward and hassle-free. France, one of the world leading tourist destinations, needs no introduction. Visit cities like Paris, Lyon, Marseilles and much more. In Germany, you will find buzzing cities like Berlin and Munich.
With the Eurail France-Germany Pass, you can travel where you please, whenever you want! Take as many trains as you like, there is no limit on the distance you can travel in a day. Eurail France-Germany Pass, to put it simply, offers unlimited travel at a fixed price!
Hop on hop off trains to visit any place you want. The Eurail France-Germany Pass gives you access to all trains, but remember that premium trains require a seat reservation. The Things to know section explains everything you need to know about seat reservations.
Enjoy the bonuses which are included in the Eurail France-Germany Pass. You will get discounted fares for selected hotels, reduced museum fares, and more. You will also receive a free Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
The Eurail France-Germany Pass is the key to have a hassle-free trip throughout France and Germany.
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the France - Germany Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
To travel on board high speed and night trains, you need to book a seat reservation.
Seat reservations are compulsory on most premium trains and are a guarantee to get a seat or a sleeping berth. As a pass holder, you will only be charged a fraction of the usual standard fare.
In most cases, you can reserve your seat up to 90 days in advance. Don’t wait too long to book your seat. They are limited!
Book a seat reservation with Rail Europe.
As an alternative to high speed and night trains, you can travel on board regional trains. Most don’t require a seat reservation when you have a rail pass so you won’t have to pay any extra charge. Just sit back and relax!
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
It is required that you start using your rail pass within 11 months of the date of purchase.
To use your rail pass for the first time, you have to go to any train station in Europe. A railway official will write down your passport number on the rail pass and stamp it. Don’t forget to write down the date of travel on your rail pass.
You should also record your trip in the Travel Report on the cover of your rail pass.
Please ensure that all the above information is reflected on your rail pass. An unstamped rail pass or incomplete travel information can lead to a fine and payment of a full fare ticket.
A travel day starts from midnight and ends at midnight the next day. It lasts 24 hours. During that period, you can take as many trains as you want.
You can get a free travel day with the 7 PM rule when the four conditions below are met:
- Your rail pass should be activated by a rail official.
- You must travel on board a night train which departs after 7 pm, and this trip should be the first one you are taking during that day.
- You must reach your destination no later than 4 am on the following day.
- The arrival date must be within the validity of your rail pass.
The validity is the number of travel days of a rail pass.
For a rail pass with a validity of 5 days within 1 month. If you activate your rail pass on the 1st of the month, you can travel on the 3rd, 4th, 7th, 12th and 30th of this month.
Rail pass benefits
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get your free travel pack (including a user guide and a detailed rail map) when you book a Eurail Pass with Rail Europe.
Rail Pass benefits in France
Private and Scenic Trains
- Passholder fares (discount on first and second class tickets) to travel on board the Eurostar. The pass holder discount is also available with a Second Class Youth rail pass.
- Discounted fare. Thello International trains between France and Italy. Discounted fares applied if pass is valid in France and/or Italy. Routes: Marseille-Toulon-Les Arcs St Raphael-Cannes-Antibes-Nice-Monaco-Ventimiglia-San Remo-Imperia-Diano- Marina-Alassio-Albenga-Finale Ligure-Savona-Genova-Voghera-Pavia-Milano. Paris-Dijon-Milano-Brescia-Verona-Vicenza-Padova-Venice
Ferries and Cruises
30% reduction on the standard foot passenger fares on ferry crossings from Cherbourg to Rosslare (Ireland) (February to December) and Roscoff to Rosslare (Ireland) (May to September) operated by Irish Ferries. Advance booking is recommended and reservations required. No daily sailings.
- Free Travel from Digne – St Auban/Veynes
- Free Travel from Oloron – Canfranc (Spain)
- Board the international IC bus if you have a Eurail Global Pass. Reservation required and not included. If your rail pass does not include the country you are visiting, you will need a ticket and a reservation.
Museums and Attractions
Free gift. Rock Shop for purchases over € 25. Hard Rock Cafe Nice, 5 Promenade des Anglais and Paris, 14 Boulevard Montmartre.
Rail Pass benefits in Germany
Private and Regional Rail Roads
- Free travel on local trains (S-Bahn trains) that connects all major German cities. Berlin is an exception and Eurail Passes are only valid on the S-Bahn tracks that connect the DB railway stations of Berlin.
- 10% discount. Garmisch Partenkirchen - Grainau - Zugspitzplatt mountain railway route, and discount on some cable cars in the summit area.
- Discounted fare. Berlin Night express train operating between Berlin and Malmo, including the ferry crossing from Sassnitz-Trelleborg. Reservations are required and are an additional cost.
Ferries and Cruises
- 20% discount. Boats operated by the ’KD German Rhine Line’ on the river Rhine between Köln and Mainz and on the river Mosel between Koblenz and Cochem (except on boats making cruises of several days between Basel and Rotterdam or vice versa, or between Trier and Koblenz or vice versa). Extra charge is applicable for the use of hydrofoils.
- 50% reduction. Boats on Lake Constance operated by BSB, SBS and ÖBB (from May to October).
- 30% discount. On the offical fares for ferry crossing from Travemünde-Helsinki operated by Finnlines. Port tax and meals are an additional cost and are paid locally.
- 20% discount. On the official fares for the ferry crossing from Travemünde - Malmo operated by Finnlines. Port tax and meals are an additional cost and are paid locally.
- Various reductions on boat trips on the river Danube between Passau and Linz (Austria) or vice versa operated by Wurm & Köck.
20% discount. Europabus. Route EB 190/190A Romantische Strasse (May to October), Romantic Road, (Frankfurt am Main-Rothenburg ob der Tauber-Augsburg-Munich/Fussen). Seat reservations must be made in advance by email to email@example.com or contacting Touring Tours & Travel by Phone: +49 69 719126 261; Fax: +49 69 719126 156.
Board the international IC bus if you have a Eurail Global Pass. Reservation required and not included. If your rail pass does not include the country you are visiting, you will need a ticket and a reservation.
- 10% discount. Meininger hotels in Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Frankfurt, Hamburg.
- 10% discount. A&O hotels and hostels in Berlin, Hamburg, Munich and other German cities.
Free Hot Fudge Sundae when you order any main course. Free gift in Rock Shop for all purchase over 25 euros. Hard Rock Cafe: Berlin, Kurfürstendamm 224, Cologne, Gürzenichstr. 8, Munich, Platzl 1.
Interactive Rail Map
The Interactive Travel Map will allow you to plan your trip easily in Europe. Type-in your itinerary or choose it directly from the map. You can even provide your travel dates to view trains and fares related to your itinerary.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer a full sit-down restaurant service, with a regularly changing menu of traditional Italian dishes. The restaurant is very modern and elegant. Alternatively, Frecciarossa trains also feature a coffee bar service offering fresh sandwiches, snacks, desserts and hot and cold beverages.
- A. If you are having trouble determining what is the best pass for you, click on the blue square button " Search passes ". You'll be helped, on line, to select the best pass for your trip.
- A. Book 1 passenger at a time, and select the Single compartment. You will need to do this step twice, once for each passenger.
- A. First class on the Spanish day train offers large, comfortable reclining seats, friendly staff to serve you drinks and light snacks at your seat and major routes have audio and video programs at your seat. Second class on the Spanish day train offers generous legroom, bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase and major routes have audio and video programs at your seat.
- A. There is no Senior fare available for Italo trains. However children aged from 4 to 14 have a 25% discount on the full adult fare. As for children under 3 years old, they can travel for free if they do not require any seat.
Q. Can I borrow my travel partner’s rail pass if I prefer visiting Prague and that my partner wants to visit Hamburg?A. No, this is not possible as the extension must be accompanied by your nominative rail pass bearing your passport number, name and country of residence.
- A. Bookings for a Frecciarossa trains can be made up to 4 months before you depart.
- A. TGV offers two different classes of travel: 1st and 2nd class. Larger seats that recline electronically, power sockets for laptop or mobile phone and access to the bar buffet car are among the main features you will find in TGV first class. In second class, you will enjoy comfortable seats with also an access to the bar-buffet car where you can choose from a vast selection of dishes and beverages.
- A. All passengers with an AVE ticket may carry up to two pieces of hand luggage, for which they will be responsible and which they must store in the designated areas. The total weight limit is 20 kg and the combined dimensions (length + width + height) of each piece of luggage must not be more than 250 cm.
- A. Each passenger is allowed 2 pieces of luggage and 1 carry-on bag.
answered | Posted by Shelley W. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/09/2016
answered | Posted by Jeff S. | Comments 0 | Created: 11/09/2016
answered | Posted by James T. | Comments 0 | Created: 06/09/2016
Our 1st class eurail global pass no is 37130723. i am unable to book seats onlin - amsterdam-paris-santiago de (...)Our 1st class Eurail Global Pass No is 37130723. We wish to booking for Amsterdam-Paris-Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon-Madrid-Barcelona-
answered | Posted by Ramaswsamy N. | Comments 0 | Created: 29/08/2016
answered | Posted by Jeff S. | Comments 0 | Created: 28/08/2016
Reviews & ratings France - Germany Pass
Overall rating (8)
Overall appreciationExcellent 25% Very good 50% Average 25% Poor 0% Terrible 0%
- "TGV reservations" Geoffrey t. 28/02/2014
Hadn't realised that in non peak times that bookings on TGV Strassbourg to Paris was so limited. Had to buy full fare ticket even though there were empty seats on the train when we travelled and therefore could not utilise the full cost of the pass. Much easier travelling in Germany!!!! Value for money Convenience
- "Eurail travel France -Germany" Janet b. 24/01/2014
We found the struggle to get a seat on the train to where we needed to go made the pass quite useless to us and we ended up having to pay for another trip across Switzerland as the staff at French rail stations were incredibly unhelpful, particularly as we did not speak the language and we wasted much time going backwards and forwards to the rail stations to try and get a seat, not something we would purchase in advance again. Having a first class ticket does not guarantee a first class seat when boarding an overcrowded train. Value for money Convenience
- "France-Germany Pass" Margaret g. 12/08/2013
Our journey by rail through France and Germany was efficient and comfortable. It's a great way to travel and you really get to see some wonderful scenery along the way. The rail pass is so convenient and makes a holiday more enjoyable. We reserved our seats in first class, and this made it very easy. If you have large suitcases, be aware that you have to carry them onto the train yourself, but most trains had luggage areas to store them in once on the train. Value for money Convenience