France - Germany PassFrom AU$ 300 From AU$ 300 Eurail
- Unlimited travel in France and Germany.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 27) discounts available
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
The Eurail France-Germany Pass is the most complete rail pass to visit France and Germany, two countries which have the largest industries in Europe. Travelling by high speed train between the two countries is straightforward and hassle-free. France, one of the world leading tourist destinations, needs no introduction. Visit cities like Paris, Lyon, Marseilles and much more. In Germany, you will find buzzing cities like Berlin and Munich.
With the Eurail France-Germany Pass, you can travel where you please, whenever you want! Take as many trains as you like, there is no limit on the distance you can travel in a day. Eurail France-Germany Pass, to put it simply, offers unlimited travel at a fixed price!
Hop on hop off trains to visit any place you want. The Eurail France-Germany Pass gives you access to all trains, but remember that premium trains require a seat reservation. The Things to know section explains everything you need to know about seat reservations.
Enjoy the bonuses which are included in the Eurail France-Germany Pass. You will get discounted fares for selected hotels, reduced museum fares, and more. You will also receive a free Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
The Eurail France-Germany Pass is the key to have a hassle-free trip throughout France and Germany.
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the France - Germany Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. With the Eurail France-Germany Pass you may travel on TGV and French trains: Intercités trains which require additional seat reservations. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
And the Eurail Select France-Germany Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. You’ll get discounts on buses and trains, hotels, cruises & ferries, museums & activities, and more.
With the Eurail Select France-Germany Pass, the benefits like the connections it provides - are everywhere. Whether you are an adventurous traveler or avid planner, the Eurail Select Pass is your pass to freedom and an unforgettable journey of discovery.
Rail Pass benefits in France
Private and Scenic Trains
- Passholder fares (discount on first and second class tickets) to travel on board the Eurostar. The pass holder discount is also available with a Second Class Youth rail pass.
- Discounted fare. Thello International trains between France and Italy. Discounted fares applied if pass is valid in France and/or Italy. Routes: Marseille-Toulon-Les Arcs St Raphael-Cannes-Antibes-Nice-Monaco-Ventimiglia-San Remo-Imperia-Diano- Marina-Alassio-Albenga-Finale Ligure-Savona-Genova-Voghera-Pavia-Milano. Paris-Dijon-Milano-Brescia-Verona-Vicenza-Padova-Venice
Ferries and Cruises
30% reduction on the standard foot passenger fares on ferry crossings from Cherbourg to Rosslare (Ireland) (February to December) and Roscoff to Rosslare (Ireland) (May to September) operated by Irish Ferries. Advance booking is recommended and reservations required. No daily sailings.
- Free Travel from Digne – St Auban/Veynes
- Free Travel from Oloron – Canfranc (Spain)
- Board the international IC bus if you have a Eurail Global Pass. Reservation required and not included. If your rail pass does not include the country you are visiting, you will need a ticket and a reservation.
Museums and Attractions
Free gift. Rock Shop for purchases over € 25. Hard Rock Cafe Nice, 5 Promenade des Anglais and Paris, 14 Boulevard Montmartre.
Rail Pass benefits in Germany
Private and Regional Rail Roads
- Free travel on local trains (S-Bahn trains) that connects all major German cities. Berlin is an exception and Eurail Passes are only valid on the S-Bahn tracks that connect the DB railway stations of Berlin.
- 10% discount. Garmisch Partenkirchen - Grainau - Zugspitzplatt mountain railway route, and discount on some cable cars in the summit area.
- Discounted fare. Berlin Night express train operating between Berlin and Malmo, including the ferry crossing from Sassnitz-Trelleborg. Reservations are required and are an additional cost.
Ferries and Cruises
- 20% discount. Boats operated by the ’KD German Rhine Line’ on the river Rhine between Köln and Mainz and on the river Mosel between Koblenz and Cochem (except on boats making cruises of several days between Basel and Rotterdam or vice versa, or between Trier and Koblenz or vice versa). Extra charge is applicable for the use of hydrofoils.
- 50% reduction. Boats on Lake Constance operated by BSB, SBS and ÖBB (from May to October).
- 30% discount. On the offical fares for ferry crossing from Travemünde-Helsinki operated by Finnlines. Port tax and meals are an additional cost and are paid locally.
- 20% discount. On the official fares for the ferry crossing from Travemünde - Malmo operated by Finnlines. Port tax and meals are an additional cost and are paid locally.
- Various reductions on boat trips on the river Danube between Passau and Linz (Austria) or vice versa operated by Wurm & Köck.
20% discount. Europabus. Route EB 190/190A Romantische Strasse (May to October), Romantic Road, (Frankfurt am Main-Rothenburg ob der Tauber-Augsburg-Munich/Fussen). Seat reservations must be made in advance by email to email@example.com or contacting Touring Tours & Travel by Phone: +49 69 719126 261; Fax: +49 69 719126 156.
Board the international IC bus if you have a Eurail Global Pass. Reservation required and not included. If your rail pass does not include the country you are visiting, you will need a ticket and a reservation.
- 10% discount. Meininger hotels in Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Frankfurt, Hamburg.
- 10% discount. A&O hotels and hostels in Berlin, Hamburg, Munich and other German cities.
Free Hot Fudge Sundae when you order any main course. Free gift in Rock Shop for all purchase over 25 euros. Hard Rock Cafe: Berlin, Kurfürstendamm 224, Cologne, Gürzenichstr. 8, Munich, Platzl 1.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. On-board Frecciarossa trains, the official luggage allowance is two large bags or suitcases and one piece of hand luggage. It’s enough to enjoy a very long trip and explore the richness of Italy.
- A. You can book your ICE train up to 3 months in advance.
- A. You can use your Eurail Italy pass throughout the entire Italian railway network. Eurail Italy pass holders are also entitled to several discounts and benefits on ferry crossings and more. For 1st class pass holders, transfers between Roma Fiumicino Airport and Roma Termini train station on the Leonardo Express and between Pisa airport and Florence central station are free.
- A. 1st Class seats often recline, there are fewer seats per car, and there is more space for luggage. On some high-speed trains, the price of a 1st Class ticket includes a meal. 1st class is generally quieter with more business and adult passengers. 2nd Class accommodations are less expensive, but not as spacious, as there are more seats per car. For trips over 2 hours we recommend that you book 1st class.
- A. You can get free (or cheap) boat trips, discounts on rail travel, free admission in museums, a 50% discount on mountain top excursions and more. You can obtain these benefits locally by showing your Swiss pass, or you can contact the specific benefit company in advance. The discount benefits apply during the validity of your Swiss pass, whereas free passage on trains, buses or ferries is only valid on travel days.
- A. Breakfast is served before 11:00 a.m.; lunch is served between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00pm A snack is served between 2:00pm and 5:00pm Dinner is served after 5:00pm.
- A. No. You have to buy your Eurail Select Pass before travelling to Europe. Eurail passes can be bought up to 11 months in advance of your travel date.
- A. Due to the limited availability on overnight trains, if you must change your sleeper reservation, try to do so immediately. You can visit the local station at least 24 hours prior to the train's departure and see what is available. Be aware that your reservation change may be subject to local service fees and/or upgrade charges. Reservations are required for sleepers and couchettes on all overnight trains and can be made up to 60 days in advance.
- A. The pass can be purchased up to 6 months before your first travel day. The pass must be validated within 6 months of the original date of issue.
answered | Posted by Meghan L. | Comments 0 | Created: 27/04/2017
answered | Posted by Roger M. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/04/2017
Do i need to have two books: one is a eurostar ticket (london) and another is france and spain pass? can they be combined (...)Our plan is going to travel from London to Paris by Eurostar train and then use France and Spain pass. Do you have any option? (...)
answered | Posted by Cindy C. | Comments 0 | Created: 16/04/2017
answered | Posted by Shane F. | Comments 3 | Created: 09/04/2017
What train pass will i need for intra spain, paris to belgium to the netherlands and then intra netherlands?I want to travel through Spain - Barcelona to Valencia, Valencia to Madrid, Madrid to Seville. Then I want to travel from Paris, (...)
answered | Posted by fay p. | Comments 2 | Created: 09/04/2017
Reviews & ratings France - Germany Pass
Overall rating (8)
Overall appreciationExcellent 25% Very good 50% Average 25% Poor 0% Terrible 0%
- "TGV reservations" Geoffrey t. 28/02/2014
Hadn't realised that in non peak times that bookings on TGV Strassbourg to Paris was so limited. Had to buy full fare ticket even though there were empty seats on the train when we travelled and therefore could not utilise the full cost of the pass. Much easier travelling in Germany!!!! Value for money Convenience
- "Eurail travel France -Germany" Janet b. 24/01/2014
We found the struggle to get a seat on the train to where we needed to go made the pass quite useless to us and we ended up having to pay for another trip across Switzerland as the staff at French rail stations were incredibly unhelpful, particularly as we did not speak the language and we wasted much time going backwards and forwards to the rail stations to try and get a seat, not something we would purchase in advance again. Having a first class ticket does not guarantee a first class seat when boarding an overcrowded train. Value for money Convenience
- "France-Germany Pass" Margaret g. 12/08/2013
Our journey by rail through France and Germany was efficient and comfortable. It's a great way to travel and you really get to see some wonderful scenery along the way. The rail pass is so convenient and makes a holiday more enjoyable. We reserved our seats in first class, and this made it very easy. If you have large suitcases, be aware that you have to carry them onto the train yourself, but most trains had luggage areas to store them in once on the train. Value for money Convenience