Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
German Rail Pass
From AU$ 250
Reviews & ratings (114)
- 20% off your 10-day pass & 10% off your 5-day pass!
- Save up to AU$ 300 and other deals!
- Destinations: unlimited travel on the national rail network of Germany. Use an extension to travel beyond Germany.
- Reservation: compulsory for high speed, scenic and night trains.
Book your German Rail Pass
|By checking this box, I certify that all selected parties will be travelling together.|| |
German Rail Pass
Travel days The travel days indicate how often you can use a railpass.
| Prices are |
displayed in AUD.
1 to 10 pax
Child Children up to 4 travel free and those aged under 12 get a discount.
1 to 10 pax
Senior Senior travellers aged 60 or over get a discount.
1 to 10 pax
Youth Travellers aged 12 to 25 get a discount.
1 to 10 pax
|5 days (within 1 month)||$||432 346 320 256||216 n/a 160 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 256 n/a|
|10 days (within 1 month)||$||585 468 432 346||293 n/a 216 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 347 n/a|
Up to 20% off Fare conditions
|3 days (within 1 month)||$||416 333 309 247||208 n/a 155 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 247 n/a|
|4 days (within 1 month)||$||448 358 331 265||224 n/a 166 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 266 n/a|
|5 days (within 1 month)||$||480 384 355 285||240 n/a 178 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 285 n/a|
|6 days (within 1 month)||$||529 423 392 314||265 n/a 196 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 314 n/a|
|7 days (within 1 month)||$||581 464 430 344||291 n/a 215 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 344 n/a|
|10 days (within 1 month)||$||731 585 541 433||366 n/a 271 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 434 n/a|
Delivery fees: Standard paper tickets and rail passes are subject to a delivery fee of 6 AU$ by Post or 14 AU$ by Courier. ‘Print @ home’ and ‘Print @ the station’ tickets have no delivery fees.
Booking fees: Eurail Passes do not include a booking fee. Other passes include a 10 AU$ fee, Eurostar tickets include a 6 AU$ fee whereas tickets with no reservations include a 6 AU$ fee.
Make the most of your trip to Germany
Germany is a large country with landscapes ranging from mountains to lakes, forests and enchanting castles as well as picturesque towns and villages.
Germany also has vibrant cities like Berlin, Munich and Frankfurt at its heart, places full of culture, history, art, nightlife and restaurants. Taking the train is undoubtedly the best way to see this varied and beautiful country.
German Rail Pass Extension: This extension to your German Rail Pass means that you can travel to cities and countries outside Germany, including Brussels, Prague and cities in Austria and Italy. You can buy the pass extension by clicking on buy the German Rail Pass Extension.
Who can getAny person living in a non-European country for more than 6 months can use the German Rail Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible to use it.
How to useValidation
- Passes must be validated within 6 months of issuing date by a railway official in one of the countries mentioned on the rail pass (station’s desk) who also fills in the passport number.
- Passes must be validated prior to boarding 1st train (All parties must be present when validating a Saverpass).
- The date of travel has to be entered in the correct way before boarding the first train, by the traveller, in the corresponding box of the calendar.
The 7PM rule allows you to benefit from a free travel day. Make sure that the following conditions are respected:
- Your pass should be activated
- You should not have travelled by train prior to your boarding on the departure day
- Board a night train after 7:00 pm
- Arrive at your destination after 4:00 am on the next day
- The arrival date should be within the validity of the pass
If the conditions are not respected, then you have to enter the departure and arrival dates on your pass.
How to activate your pass?You must activate or validate your rail pass at the train station. A railway staff will write down the first and last day of validity on your pass and will stamp it. This procedure must be done before using your rail pass.Click on the link to view the features that are necessary to activate a German Rail Pass .
- The German town Rail Pass is available in either for the 1st and 2nd.
- Infants (under 2 years starting the day with a path) free (when sharing a bed / seat with adult)
- Children (ages 6 and older use the path to the start date, 12 years): half the adult rate
- German Rail Pass Extension: buy the extension and use it in conjunction with your pass to travel as much as you want beyond Germany to cities like Brussels, Prague and some to some most sought cities in Austria and Italy
Making the most of train travel in Germany is easy with the German Rail Pass.
It’s the most flexible, hassle-free way to explore the country and it offers travellers unlimited travel on the Deutsch Railways (Deutsche Bahn) in both First and Second Class.
An added benefit to getting the German Rail Pass is the partnerships with other international train companies. Travelling across Europe becomes a lot easier with special offers on the Berlin Warszawa Express, Paris-Germany Night Trains and more.
Reviews & ratings
Overall rating (114)
Overall appreciationExcellent 50% Very good 35% Average 13% Poor 2% Terrible 0%
"A great travel alternative" Paul h.
We travelled from Franfurt to Munich, Berlin, East Germany, Koln, The Ruhr Valley and finally Hannover on a Germain Rail Pass 5 day in one month. Trains in Germany are excellent, well maintained, comfortable, well appointed and very reliable most of the time, Staff are good and you can normally find yourself understood with just English. In main cities and on main routes, station and information announcements are made in both German and English usually. As you might expect, there is strictly no smoking on trains and within an increasing number of stations but you can certainly get alcohol on most routes. For those who like a puff, you can still find the occassional yellow marked area in some stations for smokers where you can feel like a modern day leper and indulge your nictotine habit. The rail pass represents excellent value for money as the trips individually are considerably more expensive when purchased seperately in country. Value for money Convenience
"German pass" Gunnar f.
Value excellent. Would DEFINITELY buy as much rail here as possible as rail in Germany very expensive!!! Only hiccups we had were ... we didn't get our first trip signed off 2nd conductor a bit peeved!! Also accidently got on the wrong type of train in Frankfurt and had to change next stop . Value for money Convenience
"Germany" Paul s.
the booking and seat reservation process for Deutsche Bahn was easy. the trains in Germany were good and the comfortable. We reserved first class seats. Definitely a great way to travel between destinations in Europe. Value for money Convenience