Germany - Switzerland - Italy PassFrom AU$ 358 From AU$ 358 Eurail
Enjoy 20% off your Eurail Pass
Book before 28/12/2016 and save 20% on your Eurail Pass!
- Unlimited travel in Germany, Switzerland and Italy
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 25) discounts available
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Eurail Germany - Switzerland - Italy Pass is the most complete rail pass to visit four countries in Europe. While Italy and Switzerland enjoy a reputation as being romantic destinations, Germany is mostly known for its vibrant cities such as Berlin and Frankfurt.
With the Eurail Select Pass, you can travel where you please, whenever you want! Take as many trains as you like, there is no limit on the distance you can travel in a day. Eurail Germany - Switzerland - Italy Pass, to put it simply, offers unlimited travel at a fixed price!
Hop on hop off trains to visit any place you want. The Eurail Germany - Switzerland - Italy Pass gives you access to all trains, but remember that premium trains require a seat reservation. The Things to know section explains everything you need to know about seat reservations.
Enjoy the bonuses that are included in the Eurail Germany - Switzerland - Italy Pass. You will get discounted fares for selected hotels, reduced museum fares, and more. You will also receive a free Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
The Eurail Select Pass is the key to have a hassle-free trip throughout Germany, Switzerland and Italy.
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Germany - Switzerland - Italy Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. With the Eurail Germany-Switzerland-Italy Pass you may travel on Italian Intercity, Frecciarossa, Frecciargento, Frecciabianca, Italian International, Bernina Express, Wilhelm Tell Express, and Glacier Express trains which require additional seat reservations. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Rail Pass benefits in Germany
Private and Regional Rail Roads
- Free travel on local trains (S-Bahn trains) that connects all major German cities. Berlin is an exception and Eurail Passes are only valid on the S-Bahn tracks that connect the DB railway stations of Berlin.
- 10% discount. Garmisch Partenkirchen - Grainau - Zugspitzplatt mountain railway route, and discount on some cable cars in the summit area.
- Discounted fare. Berlin Night express train operating between Berlin and Malmo, including the ferry crossing from Sassnitz-Trelleborg. Reservations are required and are an additional cost.
Ferries and Cruises
- 20% discount. Boats operated by the ’KD German Rhine Line’ on the river Rhine between Köln and Mainz and on the river Mosel between Koblenz and Cochem (except on boats making cruises of several days between Basel and Rotterdam or vice versa, or between Trier and Koblenz or vice versa). Extra charge is applicable for the use of hydrofoils.
- 50% reduction. Boats on Lake Constance operated by BSB, SBS and ÖBB (from May to October).
- 30% discount. On the offical fares for ferry crossing from Travemünde-Helsinki operated by Finnlines. Port tax and meals are an additional cost and are paid locally.
- 20% discount. On the official fares for the ferry crossing from Travemünde - Malmo operated by Finnlines. Port tax and meals are an additional cost and are paid locally.
- Various reductions on boat trips on the river Danube between Passau and Linz (Austria) or vice versa operated by Wurm & Köck.
20% discount. Europabus. Route EB 190/190A Romantische Strasse (May to October), Romantic Road, (Frankfurt am Main-Rothenburg ob der Tauber-Augsburg-Munich/Fussen). Seat reservations must be made in advance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting Touring Tours & Travel by Phone: +49 69 719126 261; Fax: +49 69 719126 156.
Board the international IC bus if you have a Eurail Global Pass. Reservation required and not included. If your rail pass does not include the country you are visiting, you will need a ticket and a reservation.
- 10% discount. Meininger hotels in Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Frankfurt, Hamburg.
- 10% discount. A&O hotels and hostels in Berlin, Hamburg, Munich and other German cities.
Free Hot Fudge Sundae when you order any main course. Free gift in Rock Shop for all purchase over 25 euros. Hard Rock Cafe: Berlin, Kurfürstendamm 224, Cologne, Gürzenichstr. 8, Munich, Platzl 1.
Rail Pass benefits in Italy
- Airport transfer on the Leonardo Express between Fiumicino Airport and Roma Termini train station for 1st class pass holders only. This transfer requires the use of one day of travel on the pass.
- From Rome Fiumicino Airport on high speed train to/from Florence/Bologna/Padova/Venice.
- Free transportation on the ÖBB Intercitybus (1st and 2nd class) between Klagenfurt/Villach-Venezia Mestre & Venezia Tronchetto if the Eurail pass is valid in both Austria and Italy. Reservations are required and can be made locally.
- Discounted fares on Thello international night and day trains between France and Italy if your pass is valid in France and/or Italy.
- Milano-Pavia-Voghera-Genova-Savona-Finale Ligure-Albenga-Alassaio Diano-Marina-Imperia-San Remo-Ventimiglia-Menton-Monaco-Nice-Antibes-Cannes-St Raphael-Les Arcs-Toulon-Marseille
- Attica Group/Operated by Superfast Ferries for International routes offers free air seats/dormitories for 1st class pass holders, free deck passage for 2nd class pass holders with a pass valid in Greece AND Italy. Bari-Corfu/Igoumenitsa/Patras and Ancona/Venice - Igoumenitsa/Patras. High season surcharge and port taxes may apply.
- 20% reduction on the Official Fares and 10% reduction on accommodation supplements for Pullman seats, berths or on crossings operated by Grimaldi Ferries on the following routes: Barcelona-Civitavecchia, Barcelona-Livorno, Barcelona-Porto Torres (Sardinia), Brindisi-Igoumenitsa and Patras, Civitavecchia / Porto Torres/Trapani, Livorno-Barcelona, Igoumenitsa/Patras-Ravenna, Salerno/Palermo. Seasonal surcharges and/or port taxes may apply.
- Minoan Lines International Free air-type seats for 1st class pass holders, free deck passage for 2nd class pass holders with a pass valid in Greece AND Italy. Patras/Igoumenitsa-Ancona/Ravenna/Trieste. Seasonal surcharges and/or port taxes may apply.
Free Hot Fudge Sundae when you order any main course. Free gift in Rock Shop for all purchase over 25 euros. Hard Rock Cafe, Florence, Via Brunelleschi 1, Rome, Via V. Veneto 62a, Venice, Bacino Orseolo and the Rock Shop at Rialto Bridge.
Rail Pass benefits in Switzerland
Cruises/Ferries (Lakes and Rivers)
- Reduction on regular boat services on the lakes of Geneva, Luzern, Thun, Brienz, Zurich and Biel. These are seasonal services, so please consult timetables. www.bls.ch; www.cgn.ch; www.bielersee.ch; www.zsg.ch
- Discount on regular boat services on the river Aare between Biel and Solothurn.
- 50% discount. Boats on Lake Constance (Bodensee) operated by BSB, SBS and ÖBB (from May to October).
- Discounted fare on the Wilhelm Tell Express, the nostalgic boat crossing Luzern-Flüelen including lunch and welcome package, and connecting train ride to Locarno/Lugano: (reservation compulsory)
- 25% to 50% discount. Cable Cars and Funiculars to reach mountain peaks
- Reduction. Titlis Rotair Cableway from Engleberg
- Reduction. Stanserhorn funicular/cable railway
- Reduction. To visit summit of Mount Pilatus (near Lucerne), by funicular from Alpnachstad, as well as by cable car from Kriens.
- Discount on MGB cable cars between Gornergrat & Zermatt
- Private Rail Roads (discount of 25%-50%)
- Rigi Railways
- The Jungfrau Region Railways
- Glacier Express between Disentis & Zermatt (discount of 25%)
- MGB trains between Andermatt and Göschenen
- BLM Lauterbrunnen - Grütschalp - Mürren
- BOB Berner Oberland - Bahnen
- WAB Wengeralpbahn
- BET Bergbahnen Engelberg-Trubsee-Titlis/Engelberg-Kleintitlis
- Golden Pass between Montreux-Interlaken-Luzern
- Free travel on Centovalli railway to Domodossola (Italy)
- Free access to the SBB lounge in Zurich HB for 1st class passholders.
Free travel. Rhätische Bahn AG including travel from Tirano-Lugano.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. No. You need to buy your Eurail Italy pass before travelling to Europe. Just remember that Eurail passes, including Eurail Italy pass, can be bought up to six months in advance of your travel date.
- A. A Swiss pass is valid on trains operated by SBB (Schweizerische BundesBahn), the national railway company of Switzerland. For domestic trains in Switzerland operated, seat reservations are not required. Exceptions are the special scenic trains such as Bernina Express, Glacier Express, Golden Pass and Wilhelm Tell Express. For these trains, a supplement and/or seat reservation is required for Swiss Pass holders. There are also some international trains from Switzerland that require a reservation fee. Examples are the ICE International to Germany, the TGV Lyria to France and the Railjet to Budapest.
- A. The Eurail Select Pass is valid on trains operated by the national railways of the three to five bordering countries you select. However, some trains require seat reservations. For example, for many high-speed services, international trains, scenic trains and all night trains, an advance reservation is compulsory.
Q. What is the difference between 1st and 2nd class on the Thalys (Paris to Brussels and Amsterdam)?A. First class on the Thalys offers large comfortable reclining seats and drinks and a light snack served at your seat. Second class on the Thalys offers generous legroom and a selection of drinks and snacks at your seat that are available for purchase.
- A. Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
- A. Reservation is compulsory on TGV and if you are a pass holder, you still need to buy a TGV ticket. Among the passes available on TGV, you’ll be able to choose between Eurail Global, Eurail Select Pass or Eurail two country pass including France. France Rail Pass and France Rail Pass Premium are also among the possible options and offer last minute Easy Access reservations.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding a Frecciarossa train. Though, ticket control and passport checks will occur on board Frecciarossa train.
- A. You can request 2 passengers in a double compartment. If there are no Double compartments available, you can then book a shared T3 but keep in mind, the third bed will be occupied by another passenger.
- A. Discounted Senior rates for travelers 60 and older are available on the following passes: Balkan Flexipass-1st class BritRail Consecutive and Flexipass 1st class, BritRail England Consecutive and Flexipass 1st Class France Rail Pass, 1st Class Eurail Ireland Pass - 2nd Class Eurail Romania Pass - 1st class
- A. Sorry, partially used passes are not refundable.
answered | Posted by Liliya S. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/11/2016
answered | Posted by Joan M. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/11/2016
answered | Posted by Sally M. | Comments 0 | Created: 11/11/2016
answered | Posted by Adam g. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/11/2016
answered | Posted by Caitlin D. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/11/2016