Spain PassFrom AU$ 214 From AU$ 214 Eurail
Enjoy 20% off your Eurail Pass
Book before 28/12/2016 and save 20% on your Eurail Pass!
- Unlimited travel in Spain.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 25) discounts available
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Eurail Spain Pass is the most complete rail pass to visit the Spain. Whether you like to party, indulge in tasty cuisine or discover amazing architectures, Spain has everything. From World heritage sites to world known cities like Barcelona, Madrid or Malaga, Spain is an unavoidable destination in Europe.
With the Eurail Spain Pass, you can travel where you please, whenever you want! Take as many trains as you like, there is no limit on the distance you can travel in a day. The Eurail Spain Pass, to put it simply, offers unlimited travel at a fixed price!
Hop on hop off trains to visit any place you want. The Eurail Spain Pass gives you access to all trains, but remember that premium trains require a seat reservation. The Things to know section explains everything you need to know about seat reservations.
Enjoy the bonuses which are included in the Eurail Spain Pass. You will get discounted fares for selected hotels, reduced museum fares, and more. You will also receive a free Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
The Eurail Spain Pass is the key to have a hassle-free trip throughout Spain.
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Spain Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Rail Pass benefits in Spain
- 50% discount on the lines of FGC (Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya). Barcelona - Vallès, Llobregat - Anoia, Ribes de Fresser - Nuria (Rack line) Monistrol de Montserrat - Montserrat, La Pobla-Lleida (Rack line)
- 50% discount on the cable lines of Gelida and Montserrat operated by FGC.
- 50% discount on FEVE train on routes Cartegena – Los Nietos, Santander – Bilbao, Oviedo – Santander, Leon – Bilbao, Oviedo – Ferrol and local lines in Asturias, Galicia, Cantabria, Vizcaya, Leon and Murcia
- Access to Sala club lounge. Travelers who have Preferente 1st class train reservation have free access to the Sala club lounge located in several railway stations.
5% discount. HUSA-Hotels. (Login: Rail Pass password: Eurailinterrail)
- 20% discount on the official fares and 10% on accommodation supplements for Pullman seats, berth on crossings from Barcelona to Civitavecchia/Livorno (Italy), Barcelona-Porto Torres (Sardinia. Operated by Grimaldi Ferries. Ferry service varies by season.
- 20% discount on the seat fares – Alcudia-Ciudadela, Algeciras-Ceuta, Algeciras-Tánger, Barcelona-Alcudia, Barcelona-Ciudadela, Barcelona-Ibiza, Barcelona-Palma, Denia-Formentera, Denia-Ibiza, Denia-San Antonio, Ibiza-Formentera, Ibiza-Palma, Valencia-Ibiza/Palma operated by Baleria.
- Free travel from Canfranc - Oloron on buses operated by SNCF Bus.
- Free transportation between Valencia Joaquín Sorolla and Valencia Nord stations when you have a reservation for the AVE train
Museums and Attractions
- 50% discount. Railway Museums (Madrid Madrid Paseo de las Delicias, 61 Vilanova la Geltru Barcelona, Pl. Eduard Maristany, s/n)
- Hard Rock Cafe Madrid, Paseo de la Castellana, 2, Barcelona Placa, Catalunya 21 receive free gift in the Rock Shop with every purchase over €30.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. Yes all high-speed trains require reservations. Some 1st class trains include meal service in the price of your ticket.
- A. You can print your TGV ticket directly from your printer at home or retrieve it from the self-service machines available at the train stations before boarding your TGV train.
- A. Eurostar services offer three classes of service: 2 for first class (Business Premier and Standard Premier) and one for second class (Standard). Among the facilities offered for Eurostar Business Premier passengers, you’ll find priority express check-in in 10 minutes at the terminals, a dedicated ticket desk for check-in, access to the Eurostar Executive lounges, spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, Wi-Fi access at the terminals, a dedicated coach for business travellers, complimentary newspapers, and also a 3 course meal served at seat. Eurostar Standard Premier passengers, whose check-in is 30 minutes before departure, will be offered spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, complimentary newspapers and a cold meal served at seat. In the convenience of a comfortable carriage, Standard passengers will also be enjoying themselves with a vast variety of dishes they will find at a bar buffet car.
- A. You can print your Thalys ticket directly from your printer at home or retrieve it from the self-service machines available in FRANCE ONLY before boarding your Thalys train.
- A. Rail passes for children are generally half the adult fare. Some passes do not offer a child pass. Child tickets are offered on most trains and vary by train type. They are generally about half of an adult ticket. The Swiss Pass allows children under 16 to travel free when they are traveling with a parent who is holding a Swiss Pass. On BritRail passes, children 5 through 15 are free with each paying adult.
- A. Paper tickets will be sent to you by postal mail prior to departure.
- A. A rail day lasts from midnight to midnight. You can take as many trains as you wish during this time.
- A. First class on the TGV East offers ergonomic reclining seats with head and foot rests, non-smoking coaches, individual power outlets, reading light, ability to book a taxi for your arrival with staff on the train and a restaurant car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the TGV East offers ergonomic reclining seats with head and foot rests, non-smoking coaches and a restaurant car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. The Eurail Italy Pass is the best choice if you want to spend your time exploring Italy. Eurail Italy pass is valid for one month, and the number of travel days available varies from 3 to 10 days.
- A. You will need to first figure out who wants to share, and who does not. Once you have your travel party broken down, request the number of passengers who want to share a room together and request as either a 1, 2 or 3 person room. Request each compartment separately until all passengers have been reserved in a room.
answered | Posted by Deidre R. | Comments 0 | Created: 16/11/2016
answered | Posted by Peter H. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/11/2016
answered | Posted by Jules H. | Comments 2 | Created: 29/10/2016
answered | Posted by Belinda S. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/10/2016
answered | Posted by Susan Z. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/10/2016
Reviews & ratings Spain Pass
Overall rating (12)
Overall appreciationExcellent 48% Very good 20% Average 28% Poor 3% Terrible 3%
- "Our journey through Spain" Beverley d. 27/01/2016
I travelled with my daughter in law and three grandchildren. Trains were on time and clean. Staff at stations were very helpful. No complaints at all. Value for money Convenience
- "Bilbao-Madrid-Seville-Cordoba" Bryan r. 29/01/2014
Used the pass to travel from Seville to Cordoba, Cordoba to Granada, Granada to Seville and Bilbao to Madrid. Generally it was cheaper to buy tickets directly at the station and you are unable to use the pass to purchase tickets from the self-serve machines so have to stand in line to purchase (strongly recommend buying tickets at least a day in advance as the lines can sometimes have an hour wait). Value for money Convenience
- "Great service" . 17/09/2013
I recently travelled throughout Spain on a 4 day flexi pass in first class. It is a little bit annoying that you purchase your ticket upfront and then have to purchase/reserve your seat before you travel. Please make sure that when you reserve your seat that you mention you need a first class seat. I thought that because I held a first class pass that they would automatically place me in first class. This is not the case. They will put you in normal economy.. This was frustrating as I was absolutely starving on my longest trip!! The last trip didnt have any economy or first class seats available so I had to travel in club class and pay even more.. Make sure you reserve your seats when you book your tickets.
- "Train travel in spain" Graeme w. 16/09/2013
Our Spain flexi pass provided us with the choices we required for our travels. Rail Plus were very helpful in their assistance with individual seat booking, whilst the Renfe website/system was very difficult to navigate, especially when attempting to book point to point journeys. The AVE trains were very comfortable. We were most impressed by the puntuality of ALL the journeys we took, both departure and arrival times. The staff on each journey were most attentive and polite. When food and drink service were available, the attention was most prompt and polite. We would reccommend train travel within Spain Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable Journey" Anthony h. 27/08/2013
Travel was seamless, comfortable with courteous staff at all points excellent service and ambiance. Changing the first class lunch menu from time to time may be an improvement. Value for money Convenience