Austria International Night Trains
- Vienna - Venice: 11:25
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- Night trains
- Secure cabins with cozy berths
- Save on accommodation
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
Austria International Night Trains
Austria Int night trains: Austria, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy and Switzerland, Czech Rep.
The Austria International Night Train is also known as the ÖBB Night Train. These trains take passengers on an exciting overnight journey across Europe. The Austria International Night Trains link rail passengers to Austria, Italy, Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary, Switzerland and Croatia.
For greater comfort and choice, the trains offer four classes of service. There are the Deluxe and Sleeper classes, which offer breakfast and comfortable beds. In the Deluxe cabins you can enjoy private bathrooms and toilets. The Couchette cabins, which can sleep up to six people, and second class seating is also available and features relaxing reclining chairs.
Snacks and drinks are offered regularly by the friendly staff and travelling through the night means passengers save on hotel accommodation and arrive at their destination refreshed and rejuvenated.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Austria International night trains operate between Austria and bordering countries such as Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Slovenia, Croatia, Poland, Serbia and Hungary.
|Rome||Bruck An Der Mur||11:35||AU$ 89|
|Bruck An Der Mur||Venice||05:31||AU$ 59|
|Milan||Bruck An Der Mur||09:04||AU$ 79|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Austria International Night Trains tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
The Austria International night train serves modern, comfortable stations with cafes and shops for any last minute gifts and supplies.There is no check in queue to stand in when travelling with the Austria International Night Train. Passengers just climb on board and check-in directly with the sleeping car steward. All fares include the price of the ticket and the reservation.
OnboardThere are four different classes of travel to choose from. Have a look at the information below to help you decide what sort of travelling experience you would like.
|First class||First class||Second class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||Deluxe||Sleeper||Couchettes||2nd class seats|
|Sleeper cars The double-deck sleeper cars to Zurich and Bregenz are a great way to travel relaxed. small>|
|1-bed cabin Make the most of your trip with a bed, table and chairs included in the cabin. small>|
|Bathroom Freshen up or use the WC for more convenience. small>|
|Breakfast The most important meal of the day for a memorable experience. small>|
|Snacks and beverages Whenever you feel peckish, you can buy something on board to eat or drink. small>|
|1 to 4-bed cabin Ample space for a very comfortable ride. small>|
|Separate compartments A maximum privacy is offered to ladies travelling alone. small>|
|4 to 6-bed cabin The best way for a very comfortable ride in the company of friends or other fellow travellers. small>|
|Shared bathroom Freshen up or use the WC for more convenience. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. No, travel on Eurostar requires a separate ticket. However, many rail passes include discounted rates for the Eurostar called a Passholder fare. To see a list of passes that allow these fares select "details" when viewing fares with a pass.
Q. What is the difference between 1st and 2nd class on the Thalys (Paris to Brussels and Amsterdam)?A. First class on the Thalys offers large comfortable reclining seats and drinks and a light snack served at your seat. Second class on the Thalys offers generous legroom and a selection of drinks and snacks at your seat that are available for purchase.
- A. A Swiss Pass enables you to travel free of charge in the Swiss public transport services for periods ranging from four days to one month in 41 cities.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer two classes of travel: first class and second class. First Class ticket holders will receive a welcome drink, a snack and a daily Italian newspaper. Either travel class you may choose, you will be able to surf the Net on Frecciarossa trains using a USB key or any other portable device equipped with a Wi-Fi antenna.
- A. Eurostar Business Premier passengers will be offered a 3-course meal with refreshments at seat meanwhile in Standard Premier, you will get a light and cold meal with refreshments at seat. A bar buffet car with a selection of food and beverages for purchase is also available on Standard class.
- A. No, but we do offer discounted rate for many of our tickets and passes for Youth passengers. To qualify for a Youth Pass, you must be under age 26 on the first day of travel.
- A. Sorry, partially used passes are not refundable.
Q. Why is printing options not authorized for all tickets which are sold on the Rail Europe Websites?A.When booking your tickets, you can choose your printing option: Paper ticket, "Print @ Home" or "Print @ the station". Paper tickets are always available. Nevertheless, the other options can be unavailable, depending on the route you have chosen. Please note that for the moment, "Print @ the station" is only offered on Eurostar, ATOC and on all trains departing from France (domestic and international trains such as Thalys, TGV Lyria etc.). The "Print @ Home" option is only offered if the booking includes a Eurostar, Thalys, French Journeys or Spanish trains.
- A. Special amenities for disabled travelers are offered on trains and at many train stations, and are clearly indicated with pictograms (for telephones, toilets, elevators, etc.). Special equipment is also available for use by handicapped passengers. This equipment must be reserved locally in advance. Be sure to specify if you need personal assistance (whether with a wheelchair, boarding, etc.).
- A. Yes, there is a catering service on board Italo trains. While there are 2 Area break with self-service vending machines, there are no bar/restaurant coaches. From the vending machines which are in coach 3 and 7, you can but hot and cold drinks as well as snacks. Passengers in Club and Prima class will be offered a catering service at an extra cost, which you must pay once on board. You can order the Italo breakfast, if you are travelling in the early morning between Milan and Rome.
answered | Posted by Jennifer A. | Comments 0 | Created: 02/01/2017
answered | Posted by Gerry A. | Comments 0 | Created: 31/12/2016
answered | Posted by Michael L. | Comments 2 | Created: 28/11/2016
answered | Posted by Joan M. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/11/2016
answered | Posted by Ngoc S. | Comments 0 | Created: 13/11/2016
Reviews & ratings Austria International Night Trains
Overall rating (39)
Overall appreciationExcellent 19% Very good 32% Average 25% Poor 13% Terrible 11%
- "Train" Bruce c. 01/10/2016
Excellent train travel in Italy. Fast clean and good service. Value for money Convenience
- "Excellent trip" Maria h. 30/09/2016
Our rail trip was excellent, comfortable, convenient and we will be happy to do it again! Value for money Convenience
- "Think twice" Tania n. 11/07/2016
What can we say when the coach stewardess does not speak either English or Italian (and the train traverses Italy), the coach does not have any drinking water dispenser, and there was no packaged drinking water on board available for sale! The aircon did not work until 30 min.s into the journey, and it was circa 35 degrees C. The lighting did not work properly - one dim ceiling light only, and no reading lamps. And the coach stewardess was in the adjoining cabin and smoked in the cabin - against the carriers own regulations - so that her 2nd hand smoke drifted straight out her window and into ours, and permeated the A/C once it began working. Value for money Convenience
- "First time travel" Robert c. 03/07/2016
The only problem with this service is that there is NO baggage storage area for large suitcases on this train. The overhead racks can only take small suitcases and back packs meaning you have to keep the suitcases on the floor of the compartment. In a 6 berth cabin once there are 2-3 suitcases there is no room left at all. We were lucky that the train was not full. If full it would have been mpossible with luggage. Value for money Convenience
- "Bus change" Glynn r. 18/06/2016
Sadly the bus was used and not the train on this part of our trip but it was waiting for us at Villach so there were no hassles even though there was only 10 minutes between arrival of the train and departure of the bus. Obviously this part of the journey was much slower with traffic hassles and so on. Value for money Convenience
- "Best way to travel" David h. 06/06/2016
Train travel was a brilliant way for my husband and I to get to Italy from Vienna. Payed extra to upgrade to first class which was worthwhile. The trip was relaxing, avoided the chaos of airports and allowed us to enjoy the scenic countryside. Would highly recommend. Value for money Convenience
- "This is first class " Deborah m. 26/05/2016
We were warned that the first class was very mediocre . As our train was arriving around 2.30 am I did set my alarm just in case we doozed off . Thank fully I did as no surprise that no one came and pre warned us that we were reaching our destination and no loud speaker over the intercom that we had reached the statistics n . So hint !! Make sure you are ready to alight with luggage intact quickly Using rail Europe is easy but not the cheapest site for train fares Value for money Convenience
- "Friendly service" Ian s. 05/07/2015
Good train service with a touch of the old world about it. Very helpful service from the Guard. Don't get caught in Zurich unless you have a deep wallet and want to change currency. Value for money Convenience
- "Day travel, wonderful views" John c. 01/04/2015
We chose to travel during the day for the views. This was a good decision as it covered the distance in quick time and also enabled us to enjoy the scenery. Value for money Convenience
- "Half-day intercity train legs " . 05/11/2014
Daylight trip - small surcharge for pre-booking stages (in conjunction with pre-booked B
- "Efficient and Pleasant" George v. 23/09/2014
The entire experience was pleasant. The staff we well organised and efficient. We needed to connect to another train at Villach HBF within a small time window and our train was exactly on time, which enabled us to get our connecting train. Value for money Convenience
- "Lack of Service" Heather b. 20/08/2014
We were extremely disappointed in the service offered on this train. No food was offered in any capacity, with an early morning trip leaving the hotel a 6.15 we and booking first class we thought (incorrectly ) that there would be a buffet carriage available. We travelled the same route some years ago and this was the case. The carriage was comfortable, but with little foom for large luggage it was impossible to cater for the 5 persons in the carriage to store and walk in in or out of the carriage. I am really sorry that I booked this without researching this further Value for money Convenience
- "Excellent journey" Ronald p. 18/07/2014
Highly recommend this train service. Great journey Value for money Convenience
- "Overnight to Vienna" Andrew d. 17/07/2014
Punctual, comfortable and clean. Service was adequate, if not friendly. Value for money Convenience
- "Raileurope...by bus" James m. 25/06/2014
I booked a Raileurope trip with a number of trains around Europe. Maybe it was me, but didnt pick up this was a bus sector from Venice...Oh, and it wasnt even from Venice main station, but from Mestre, which was another 10min away. Luckily I arrived with plenty of time, and after arriving at the wrong bus stop, finally found the correct area for the bus. First class was on the lower floor, which i assume had more comfortable seats, but the view was not as good, and the scenery was fantastic. There was tea and coffee available, but there was no attendant to assist or advise of the refreshments that were available. Convenience