Berlin - Warsaw Express
- Berlin - Warsaw: 00:00
- Book up to 60 days in advance
- High Speed trains
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
Berlin - Warsaw Express
Berlin-Warsaw Express runs on the Germany-Poland route. From Berlin or Frankfurt to Poznan and Warsaw.
The Berlin-Warsaw Express takes passengers on an exciting journey from Germany’s capital Berlin to Poland’s capital Warsaw. The train is operated by Deutsche Bahn (DB), the German national railway operator. Berlin is one of Europe’s great capitals and it has experienced rejuvenation since reunification in 1990. It offers a rich historical past and many museums as well as modern trendy shops and clubs. Warsaw has a stunning UNESCO World Heritage old town and it’s fascinating to explore its rich history and modern life.
Popular journeys and travel durations
The travel by train from Germany begins in Berlin. The train passes through the pretty city of Poznan before arriving in Warsaw. For passengers departing Warsaw, the train stops at Poznan, before Berlin.
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Berlin - Warsaw Express tickets are open for booking 60 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Berlin’s Hauptbahnhof (central train station) is one of the largest train stations in Europe, so make sure to allow yourself plenty of time to find the correct platform of departure. The station is a modern, well thought-out space with plenty of shops and food outlets where you can stock up on supplies before your journey. If you need to change money there is also a currency exchange service.
OnboardThe Berlin-Warsaw Express has two classes of service to choose from and a restaurant car for snacks and drinks.
|First class||Second class|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Restaurant car Drinks, snacks and delicious meals, to make the most of your trip. small>|
|Trolley service Catering by the trolley service is offered directly at seat. small>|
|Air conditioned carriages Makes it bliss when travelling during the summer period. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Heathrow Express arrives in London's Paddington Station.
- A. Like most high-speed train services, you’ll need to reserve a seat to travel on Frecciarossa trains. For holders of Eurail Global Pass, Eurail Select Pass (including Italy) / Eurail France-Italy pass / Eurail Greece-Italy / Eurail Italy Pass, just remember that you need to validate your pass before boarding a Frecciarossa train.
- A. No. There are no youth discounts for the extension. You can however have a discount if you are under 26 when buying a German Rail Pass. That means you will travel in 2nd class.
- A. There is no check in or customs procedures for Italo trains. However ticket control or ID checks can occur randomly on board. Make sure to have your travel documents with you at all times.
- A. 1st Class seats often recline, there are fewer seats per car, and there is more space for luggage. On some high-speed trains, the price of a 1st Class ticket includes a meal. 1st class is generally quieter with more business and adult passengers. 2nd Class accommodations are less expensive, but not as spacious, as there are more seats per car. For trips over 2 hours we recommend that you book 1st class.
- A. Yes. If there is no match between your passport and the information written on your pass the pass can be taken and kept by the train manager.
Q. Should Eurostar, Thalys and other High Speed Train tickets be purchased prior to your departure date?A. Many trains such as the Eurostar offer discounted tickets for advance purchase. These fares have limited availability and sell out quickly. To receive the best price on the train you want to travel on you should purchase your tickets prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains.
- A. You can make reservations to travel on TGV Lyria trains up to 3 months before your travel date. To take advantage of the best fares, always try to buy your ticket as early as possible. And when buying your TGV Lyria tickets, check what exchange and refund conditions apply. Your fare type will be clearly stated on your ticket.
- A. With most passes the pass will start the when you get your pass validated by a rail official.
- A. A travel day lasts 24 hours, in which you can take as many trains or public transport services as you wish.
answered | Posted by Adam g. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/11/2016
answered | Posted by Helen S. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/10/2016
answered | Posted by Paul O. | Comments 0 | Created: 09/10/2016
answered | Posted by Stella B. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/08/2016
answered | Posted by Grace B. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/08/2016
Reviews & ratings Berlin - Warsaw Express
Overall rating (14)
Overall appreciationExcellent 35% Very good 40% Average 19% Poor 7% Terrible 0%
- "Stolen tickets" Jane s. 04/08/2013
In preparation for my Eastern European adventure I purchased Berlin - Poznan return tickets well in advance, which were stolen from my room in a 5 star Hotel in Moscow. Whilst I appreciate that lost tickets are at the owner's risk I was unhappy that in the event of theft that my tickets could not be cancelled and re-issued. The trip from Berlin - Poznan was late and average to below average by European standards of comfort in First Class. The return trip was on time and crowded with stressed staff giving rude service in the dining car. I decided to take my refreshments back to the compartment. The service was however convenient with choice of four departure times and close rail track to the exits at the Hoptbanhof in Berlin, and confusing arrival of the train and confused station staff in Pozan which will be improved when the new station is completed and operating. Value for money Convenience