Berlin - Warsaw Express
- Berlin - Warsaw: 00:00
- Book up to 60 days in advance
- High speed trains
Berlin - Warsaw Express
Berlin-Warsaw Express runs on the Germany-Poland route. From Berlin or Frankfurt to Poznan and Warsaw.
The Berlin-Warsaw Express takes passengers on an exciting journey from Germany’s capital Berlin to Poland’s capital Warsaw. The train is operated by Deutsche Bahn (DB), the German national railway operator. Berlin is one of Europe’s great capitals and it has experienced rejuvenation since reunification in 1990. It offers a rich historical past and many museums as well as modern trendy shops and clubs. Warsaw has a stunning UNESCO World Heritage old town and it’s fascinating to explore its rich history and modern life.
Popular journeys and travel durations
The travel by train from Germany begins in Berlin. The train passes through the pretty city of Poznan before arriving in Warsaw. For passengers departing Warsaw, the train stops at Poznan, before Berlin.
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Berlin - Warsaw Express tickets are open for booking 60 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Berlin’s Hauptbahnhof (central train station) is one of the largest train stations in Europe, so make sure to allow yourself plenty of time to find the correct platform of departure. The station is a modern, well thought-out space with plenty of shops and food outlets where you can stock up on supplies before your journey. If you need to change money there is also a currency exchange service.
OnboardThe Berlin-Warsaw Express has two classes of service to choose from and a restaurant car for snacks and drinks.
|First class||Second class|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Restaurant car Drinks, snacks and delicious meals, to make the most of your trip. small>|
|Trolley service Catering by the trolley service is offered directly at seat. small>|
|Air conditioned carriages Makes it bliss when travelling during the summer period. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Eurostar services offer three classes of service: 2 for first class (Business Premier and Standard Premier) and one for second class (Standard). Among the facilities offered for Eurostar Business Premier passengers, you’ll find priority express check-in in 10 minutes at the terminals, a dedicated ticket desk for check-in, access to the Eurostar Executive lounges, spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, Wi-Fi access at the terminals, a dedicated coach for business travellers, complimentary newspapers, and also a 3 course meal served at seat. Eurostar Standard Premier passengers, whose check-in is 30 minutes before departure, will be offered spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, complimentary newspapers and a cold meal served at seat. In the convenience of a comfortable carriage, Standard passengers will also be enjoying themselves with a vast variety of dishes they will find at a bar buffet car.
- A. AVE trains can be booked up to 60 days in advance, giving you plenty of time to plan the trip of your life is sunny Spain.
- A. All you'll need is your e-ticket # (found on your confirmation email). Please note: there may be multiple e-ticket # for your itinerary.
- A. ICE trains link major German cities from Cologne in the west to Berlin in the east. But they also cross borders and go into France, Switzerland, Belgium, Austria, Denmark and the Netherlands.
- A. The best option for 3 passengers is a T3 if it is available. T3 compartments are not offered on all trains. If a T3 is not available then passengers will be advised to divide their party. You can also book a T4 or T6 based on availability and restrictions.
- A. A railpass month is counted as a calendar month. For example, a pass that begins on July 15th will expire at midnight on August 14th.
- A. In order to accommodate a group of 5 travelers, you will need to do 2 separate requests. You have the following options: * 2 passengers in a double, and the other 3 in a T3 compartment (if offered). * 4 passengers in a T4 (if offered) and 1 passenger in a single. * 4 passengers split into 2 double compartments, and 1 passenger in a single. * Reserve all 5 in a T6 compartment. Options a, b, and c will need to be requested separately as it has been broken down. Option d can be requested all at once.
- A. Lyria trains offer two different classes of travel. In First class, a delicious cold at-seat meal is offered to you, no matter what time you travel. A large selection of Swiss, French, international magazines and newspapers are also available for your perusal. Onboard taxi booking service is also available from Monday to Friday. Comfortable seats will welcome you in Second class where you can also enjoy the convenience of a bar-buffet car.
- A. Maps are provided with many multiple country passes and some single country passes. We have online maps for planning on our site.
Q. On Eurostar, what are the differences between the Business Premier, Leisure Select, and Standard Classes of service?A. Business Premier class is dedicated to serving the business traveler with its superior service. Business travelers can expect a nonsmoking car, fast lane check-in, use of the Executive Lounges, breakfast or a 3-course lunch or dinner with choice of entrée and wine, complimentary drink, newspapers, Wifi access in the terminal and lap top sockets on board the train. Leisure Select tickets provide complimentary food (including a 3-course dinner), beverages, and newspapers while you relax in your reclining seat. Full Fare tickets gives you access to the Eurostar Lounge. Standard Class offers comfort, convenience, and value. Enjoy the bar car, or purchase snacks and refreshments from the trolley cart when it comes to your seat.
answered | Posted by Stella B. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/08/2016
answered | Posted by Grace B. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/08/2016
answered | Posted by Romeo C. | Comments 0 | Created: 27/07/2016
answered | Posted by Stephen H. | Comments 0 | Created: 24/07/2016
answered | Posted by Arlene I. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/07/2016
Reviews & ratings Berlin - Warsaw Express
Overall rating (14)
Overall appreciationExcellent 35% Very good 40% Average 19% Poor 7% Terrible 0%
- "Stolen tickets" Jane s. 04/08/2013
In preparation for my Eastern European adventure I purchased Berlin - Poznan return tickets well in advance, which were stolen from my room in a 5 star Hotel in Moscow. Whilst I appreciate that lost tickets are at the owner's risk I was unhappy that in the event of theft that my tickets could not be cancelled and re-issued. The trip from Berlin - Poznan was late and average to below average by European standards of comfort in First Class. The return trip was on time and crowded with stressed staff giving rude service in the dining car. I decided to take my refreshments back to the compartment. The service was however convenient with choice of four departure times and close rail track to the exits at the Hoptbanhof in Berlin, and confusing arrival of the train and confused station staff in Pozan which will be improved when the new station is completed and operating. Value for money Convenience