Europe Summer Sales: Great deals to tour Europe!
Save up to AU$ 90 on your booking and enjoy a wonderful summertime in Europe!
- London - Paris: 02:16
- Prices from AU$ 89
- Book up to 180 days in advance
- High speed trains
Eurostar, high speed trains. Preferred way to travel between main cities like London, Paris and Brussels.
For high-speed train travel between London, Lille, Paris and Brussels the Eurostar is the perfect answer! Journey times are so fast you can easily do a return trip to another country in one day. With speeds of up to 300 km/h you can travel from London to Lille or from London to Paris conveniently. As well as exciting city destinations, Eurostar also has seasonal routes. Over the summer a popular route is from London to Avignon, and during the winter there is no better way to travel from London to within reach of over 40 fantastic ski resorts from Moûtiers, Aime-la-Plagne and Bourg St Maurice.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Eurostar serves main destinations like London, Paris and Brussels but it also has direct trains to Disneyland Resort Paris from London. Look out for other seasonal services too.
|Paris||Ebbsfleet International||02:05||AU$ 81|
|London||Marne La Vallee||02:43||AU$ 210|
|Ebbsfleet International||Brussels||01:50||AU$ 81|
|Lille||Ebbsfleet International||01:09||AU$ 81|
|Calais||Ebbsfleet International||00:44||AU$ 81|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Eurostar tickets are open for booking 180 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
By train or by plane?Is the train faster than the plane, is the train cheaper or more comfortable as compared to flying? Overall, the Eurostar high speed trains are cheaper, faster and more comfortable than airplanes.
Eurostar is the best way to travel if you want to avoid the hassle of airport security, queues and long check in times. With Eurostar’s international service you can take your time, see the sights and relax in a comfortable stylish environment.
Experience the service
Before you board
- Eurostar’s main stations, Paris Gare du Nord, Brussels Midi/Zuid and London St Pancras International, are all located in city centres.
- All stations have good transport links for onward travel by train, bus or taxi, and there are plenty of hotels close by.
- Anyone travelling in Business Premier will also find lounges in the stations to relax in before boarding the train.
OnboardPassengers travelling in Business Premier are served at seat a three course meal. Early risers will enjoy a hot or cold breakfast. Standard class passengers can take a stroll to the buffet car where they will find friendly staff serving hot and cold snacks and drinks. Eurostar has three classes to choose from and whichever class you choose, you will be welcomed on board by a friendly multilingual staff and you will find comfortable seats in modern air conditioned carriages. Business Premier carriages offer passengers spacious reclining seats with generous legroom and each seat has table to eat or work off as well as power sockets for your devices. Travellers with Business Premier tickets also benefit from flexible tickets (so they can catch an earlier train if there is space available) and free Wi-Fi in the business lounges.
|First class||First class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||Business Premier||Standard Premier||Standard|
|10 minute check-in Avoid queues and get fast-tracked to board the train. small>|
|Business lounge at station Get the ultimate treat before any trip, or simply an ideal place to continue working. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|30 minute check-in Such a short moment considering you are about to board one of the most famous trains in the world. small>|
|60 minute check-in (seasonal routes) Shorter than any airport check-in for a memorable trip ahead. small>|
Standard or Business Premier: make your choice.
- Whether you travel in Business or Standard Premier Class aboard Eurostar, you benefit from a wide range of services to travel in comfort and style. You are welcome by staff at the entrance of the carriage and you benefit from air-conditioned and specially designated carriages for your comfort. Eurostar trains offer you spacious reclining seats with generous legroom. Each seat has either an individual slide out table or a fixed table shared with adjacent passengers and is equipped with power sockets. Flexibility of ticket, wireless in the business lounges, additional aboard services like the Express breakfast option for those who wish to work: dedicated to Business travellers, the Eurostar Business Premier Class makes you benefit from a wide range of services especially designed for your comfort and peace of mind.
No need to burden yourself, Eurostar trains offer all you need!
- There is a luggage limit onboard Eurostar trains. You are allowed 2 pieces of luggage and 1 carry-on bag. Eurostar has plenty of storage space for luggage at the end of each carriage, and in the overhead racks so make sure you can lift your bags easily.
Will there be a toilet on the train?
- Toilets are easily accessible on all the Eurostar trains and are usually most of the time indicated with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each Eurostar train coach, and include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
Travelling by high speed train with Eurostar makes every journey hassle free. Sit back, relax, and enjoy a meal and the views as Eurostar transports you directly to your destination in comfort and style.
Interactive Rail Map
Q. Should Eurostar, Thalys and other High Speed Train tickets be purchased prior to your departure date?A. Many trains such as the Eurostar offer discounted tickets for advance purchase. These fares have limited availability and sell out quickly. To receive the best price on the train you want to travel on you should purchase your tickets prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains.
- A. Toilets are easily accessible on all the trains and are usually marked with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each train car (also known as a coach), and will include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
Q. On Eurostar, what are the differences between the Business Premier, Leisure Select, and Standard Classes of service?A. Business Premier class is dedicated to serving the business traveler with its superior service. Business travelers can expect a nonsmoking car, fast lane check-in, use of the Executive Lounges, breakfast or a 3-course lunch or dinner with choice of entrée and wine, complimentary drink, newspapers, Wifi access in the terminal and lap top sockets on board the train. Leisure Select tickets provide complimentary food (including a 3-course dinner), beverages, and newspapers while you relax in your reclining seat. Full Fare tickets gives you access to the Eurostar Lounge. Standard Class offers comfort, convenience, and value. Enjoy the bar car, or purchase snacks and refreshments from the trolley cart when it comes to your seat.
- A. Eurostar Business Premier passengers will be offered a 3-course meal with refreshments at seat meanwhile in Standard Premier, you will get a light and cold meal with refreshments at seat. A bar buffet car with a selection of food and beverages for purchase is also available on Standard class.
Q. What are the differences between Full Fare, Leisure Fare, Youth Fare, Passholder Fare and Senior Fare on Eurostar?A. Full Fare is an unrestricted ticket. It is fully exchangeable and refundable even after the departure date. For exchanges and refunds, your local Raileurope office must receive the ticket no later than 60 days after the train's departure date. Click here to get the Contact Us adress. Value fare is non-exchangeable and non-refundable. Youth Fare (for travelers under 26 years of age) is exchangeable once in Europe before departure date. It is non-refundable. Passholder Fare (issued in conjunction with appropriate railpass) is exchangeable once in Europe. It is non-refundable. Senior Fare (for travelers 60 years of age and over) is exchangeable once in Europe. It is non-refundable.
- A. Travel from London - Paris/Brussels and most of the train stations in between these 2 routes. For more detailed information on how to use a Eurostar self service kiosk review: How do I retrieve my e-tickets at Eurostar train stations ?
- A. A passenger qualifies for Senior Fares at age 60 and over.
- A. Eurostar is a reservation-only service and bookings can be taken up to 6 months in advance. Also bear in mind that Eurostar is not included in the Eurail pass or France Rail Pass program but you can still get a discount on Eurostar when buying a pass.
- A. No, travel on Eurostar requires a separate ticket. However, many rail passes include discounted rates for the Eurostar called a Passholder fare. To see a list of passes that allow these fares select "details" when viewing fares with a pass.
- A. From London to Paris and vice versa, Eurostar offers frequent service: every 30 minutes during peak hours and approximately once per hour during non-peak time. During the peak summer season, up to 24 trains run daily to Paris. From London to Brussels and vice versa, service is offered approximately every 2 hours. During summer, Eurostar offers daily service to Disneyland Paris. During winter, there is 1 train a week.
answered | Posted by Peter M. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/05/2016
answered | Posted by Katherine R. | Comments 1 | Created: 18/03/2016
answered | Posted by Lisa J. | Comments 0 | Created: 07/03/2016
answered | Posted by Lisa S. | Comments 0 | Created: 02/03/2016
answered | Posted by Tony C. | Comments 0 | Created: 28/02/2016
Reviews & ratings Eurostar
Overall rating (1893)
Overall appreciationExcellent 39% Very good 36% Average 18% Poor 4% Terrible 2%
- "Could’ve been better" Ricki s. 27/06/2016
We unfortunately had the seats that faced opposite 2 other passengers which was not shown when we purchased the tickets. It was really uncomfortable as you could not stretch your legs under the seat in front of you as you can in every other seat. No plug ins for charging Phones meant our phones were almost flat by arrival time :( Value for money Convenience
- "LONDON - PARIS / PARIS - LON" Gregory p. 25/06/2016
Excellent service , very efficient Value for money Convenience
- "Great way to end Holiday" David m. 23/06/2016
10 weeks away from home what a great way to leave London for a night in Paris then flight home! Stayed at Opera Hotel which was great, we traveled first class on Eurostar which we presumed would give us access to the Champagne Bar (alas no) Meal on train with wine was fairly good. Highly recommended. Value for money Convenience
- "Across Europe" Adrian h. 22/06/2016
Trip went smoothly. Train ran exactly to schedule. Value for money Convenience
- "Paris to London" Gary j. 22/06/2016
Trip was more than satisfactory. The service was what you would expect on a train. Not as a commercial jet but satisfactory just the same. Convenience was the main factor in our choice. Value for money Convenience
- "First EuroStar trip" Robert k. 21/06/2016
Very good trip but would have preferred to have been facing the direction of travel. Do not recall any option to specify this when booking. Value for money Convenience
- "Very good" Anthony f. 21/06/2016
Thank you very good. Value for money Convenience
- "London to Paris - Solo" Sandra l. 17/06/2016
The train was delayed leaving London as staff had not arrived.....this was in convenient. The check in process was horrendous....ticket scanners not working. I had to line up twice to get assistance to find my seat had been changed. No assistance at all with heavy baggage... The journey itself was good, but the check in process needs to improve....and maybe the check in staff could try smiling or showing a bit of personality instead of disdain Value for money Convenience
- "PARIS NORD - LONDON ST-PANCRAS" Diane j. 17/06/2016
Need better catering for elderly people, but once we got a wheelchair the service was very good although the steps from the platform to the train are not entirely suitable for the elderly . Otherwise an enjoyable trip Value for money Convenience
- "90 minutes delay due to water " Peter John m. 17/06/2016
The train was delayed 90 minutes due to the floods. It is most important to be safe so better to be late than hurry and add unnecessary risk to the journey. Value for money Convenience
- "How easy is this!" Jo h. 16/06/2016
Really easy way to get from London to Paris! Value for money Convenience
- "Very Happy" John g. 16/06/2016
Very happy with travel from London to Paris Smooth and comfortable travel Value for money Convenience
- "Well done" Anthony f. 16/06/2016
Very good Value for money Convenience
- "FIRST CLASS WAITING AREA " Roger Anthony f. 16/06/2016
We arrived at the station about an hour early and made our way through the crowd to the First Class waiting area. Imagine our disappointment and embarrassment when we were refused admission to this quiet refuge. The reason? Despite having First Class tickets we were advised they were not the right type. The waiting room was operated by a different company to the train service. The qualification for admission was not a First Class rail ticket, but another type of ticket. Other passengers were caught by the same exclusion at the same time. This might have been covered in the small print in the conditions of travel (I didn't look) but this was not obvious. Besides, if one purchases a First Class ticket one expects access to all First Class privileges. I recommend that access to the lounge for all First Class ticket holders be arranged with the operators of the lounge. The train journey itself was fine. Value for money Convenience
- "Before Boarding at Paris Nord" Judith o. 15/06/2016
There was little seating at Paris Nord while waiting to board the train and many people standing around with luggage very uncomfortably. The area was cold and bleak. The trip was comfortable and interesting - very worthwhile. I would take it again in preference to a flight. As, on arrival at St Pancreas, one is centrally located without a horrendous commute from an airport. Value for money Convenience