Europe Summer Sales: Great deals to tour Europe!
Save up to AU$ 90 on your booking and enjoy a wonderful summertime in Europe!
- London - Paris: 02:16
- Prices from AU$ 91
- Book up to 180 days in advance
- High speed trains
Eurostar, high speed trains. Preferred way to travel between main cities like London, Paris and Brussels.
For high-speed train travel between London, Lille, Paris and Brussels the Eurostar is the perfect answer! Journey times are so fast you can easily do a return trip to another country in one day. With speeds of up to 300 km/h you can travel from London to Lille or from London to Paris conveniently. As well as exciting city destinations, Eurostar also has seasonal routes. Over the summer a popular route is from London to Avignon, and during the winter there is no better way to travel from London to within reach of over 40 fantastic ski resorts from Moûtiers, Aime-la-Plagne and Bourg St Maurice.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Eurostar serves main destinations like London, Paris and Brussels but it also has direct trains to Disneyland Resort Paris from London. Look out for other seasonal services too.
|Paris||Ebbsfleet International||02:05||AU$ 83|
|London||Marne La Vallee||02:43||AU$ 215|
|Ebbsfleet International||Brussels||01:50||AU$ 83|
|Lille||Ebbsfleet International||01:09||AU$ 83|
|Calais||Ebbsfleet International||00:44||AU$ 83|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Eurostar tickets are open for booking 180 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
By train or by plane?Is the train faster than the plane, is the train cheaper or more comfortable as compared to flying? Overall, the Eurostar high speed trains are cheaper, faster and more comfortable than airplanes.
Eurostar is the best way to travel if you want to avoid the hassle of airport security, queues and long check in times. With Eurostar’s international service you can take your time, see the sights and relax in a comfortable stylish environment.
Experience the service
Before you board
- Eurostar’s main stations, Paris Gare du Nord, Brussels Midi/Zuid and London St Pancras International, are all located in city centres.
- All stations have good transport links for onward travel by train, bus or taxi, and there are plenty of hotels close by.
- Anyone travelling in Business Premier will also find lounges in the stations to relax in before boarding the train.
OnboardPassengers travelling in Business Premier are served at seat a three course meal. Early risers will enjoy a hot or cold breakfast. Standard class passengers can take a stroll to the buffet car where they will find friendly staff serving hot and cold snacks and drinks. Eurostar has three classes to choose from and whichever class you choose, you will be welcomed on board by a friendly multilingual staff and you will find comfortable seats in modern air conditioned carriages. Business Premier carriages offer passengers spacious reclining seats with generous legroom and each seat has table to eat or work off as well as power sockets for your devices. Travellers with Business Premier tickets also benefit from flexible tickets (so they can catch an earlier train if there is space available) and free Wi-Fi in the business lounges.
|First class||First class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||Business Premier||Standard Premier||Standard|
|10 minute check-in Avoid queues and get fast-tracked to board the train. small>|
|Business lounge at station Get the ultimate treat before any trip, or simply an ideal place to continue working. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|30 minute check-in Such a short moment considering you are about to board one of the most famous trains in the world. small>|
|60 minute check-in (seasonal routes) Shorter than any airport check-in for a memorable trip ahead. small>|
Standard or Business Premier: make your choice.
- Whether you travel in Business or Standard Premier Class aboard Eurostar, you benefit from a wide range of services to travel in comfort and style. You are welcome by staff at the entrance of the carriage and you benefit from air-conditioned and specially designated carriages for your comfort. Eurostar trains offer you spacious reclining seats with generous legroom. Each seat has either an individual slide out table or a fixed table shared with adjacent passengers and is equipped with power sockets. Flexibility of ticket, wireless in the business lounges, additional aboard services like the Express breakfast option for those who wish to work: dedicated to Business travellers, the Eurostar Business Premier Class makes you benefit from a wide range of services especially designed for your comfort and peace of mind.
No need to burden yourself, Eurostar trains offer all you need!
- There is a luggage limit onboard Eurostar trains. You are allowed 2 pieces of luggage and 1 carry-on bag. Eurostar has plenty of storage space for luggage at the end of each carriage, and in the overhead racks so make sure you can lift your bags easily.
Will there be a toilet on the train?
- Toilets are easily accessible on all the Eurostar trains and are usually most of the time indicated with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each Eurostar train coach, and include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
Travelling by high speed train with Eurostar makes every journey hassle free. Sit back, relax, and enjoy a meal and the views as Eurostar transports you directly to your destination in comfort and style.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Travel from London - Paris/Brussels and most of the train stations in between these 2 routes. For more detailed information on how to use a Eurostar self service kiosk review: How do I retrieve my e-tickets at Eurostar train stations ?
- A. Breakfast is served before 11:00 a.m.; lunch is served between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00pm A snack is served between 2:00pm and 5:00pm Dinner is served after 5:00pm.
- A. From London to Paris and vice versa, Eurostar offers frequent service: every 30 minutes during peak hours and approximately once per hour during non-peak time. During the peak summer season, up to 24 trains run daily to Paris. From London to Brussels and vice versa, service is offered approximately every 2 hours. During summer, Eurostar offers daily service to Disneyland Paris. During winter, there is 1 train a week.
- A. On-board Eurostar, you are allowed two medium-sized cases (85cm at their longest length), and one piece of hand luggage per passenger. Any luggage over the allowance will be counted as excess luggage and will incur a fee. This will be arranged at the Eurostar terminal on your arrival.
- A. Eurostar Direct Services can connect you directly from London to Paris, but also Brussels, Lille, Disneyland Paris and on a seasonal basis to Avignon in summer and to the French Alps during winter with a single weekly connection.
- A. The minimum check-in time for passengers with Business First tickets is 20 minutes. For passengers boarding ski trains, and passengers holding regular tickets, check-in time is 30 minutes.
- A. Eurostar services offer three classes of service: 2 for first class (Business Premier and Standard Premier) and one for second class (Standard). Among the facilities offered for Eurostar Business Premier passengers, you’ll find priority express check-in in 10 minutes at the terminals, a dedicated ticket desk for check-in, access to the Eurostar Executive lounges, spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, Wi-Fi access at the terminals, a dedicated coach for business travellers, complimentary newspapers, and also a 3 course meal served at seat. Eurostar Standard Premier passengers, whose check-in is 30 minutes before departure, will be offered spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, complimentary newspapers and a cold meal served at seat. In the convenience of a comfortable carriage, Standard passengers will also be enjoying themselves with a vast variety of dishes they will find at a bar buffet car.
- A. No, travel on Eurostar requires a separate ticket. However, many rail passes include discounted rates for the Eurostar called a Passholder fare. To see a list of passes that allow these fares select "details" when viewing fares with a pass.
- A. Eurostar journeys can be booked up to 6 months in advance of the return date of travel. Eurostar Direct services to Disneyland Resort Paris have a longer booking period and are made available further in advance. And Eurostar Direct seasonal services to the French Alps and Avignon are opened for sale for the entire season.
- A. This depends mainly on what Eurostar ticket you have. Business Premier passengers can check-in just 10 minutes before departure whereas Standard Premier and Standard passengers need to check-in 30 minutes before departure. To ensure you have time to go through the security checks and passport control, we would recommend you arriving at the station at least 45 minutes prior to your scheduled departure with Eurostar.
answered | Posted by kevin h. | Comments 0 | Created: 12/07/2016
answered | Posted by Peter M. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/05/2016
answered | Posted by Katherine R. | Comments 1 | Created: 18/03/2016
answered | Posted by Lisa J. | Comments 0 | Created: 07/03/2016
answered | Posted by Lisa S. | Comments 0 | Created: 02/03/2016
Reviews & ratings Eurostar
Overall rating (1893)
Overall appreciationExcellent 39% Very good 36% Average 18% Poor 4% Terrible 2%
- "Family trip" . 26/07/2016
Very smooth and comfortable. Delayed in transit at Calais due to malfunction of doors in no 1
- "Room for improvement" Dave m. 26/07/2016
The trip met my expectations but was marred GT a faulty tray table which was jammed halfway making it useless and inconvenient. The baggage storage area was overloaded and staff appeared not to care or advise of an adittional area at the front of the carriage. This became particularly evident when a wheel chair user could not gain access. Value for money Convenience
- "Great service" Christine b. 26/07/2016
We arrived at Paris Nord only to realise I had picked up the wrong passport ..our son and his girlfriend went racing back to Paris to retrieve the right one but obviously we were going to miss our train ...I spoke to a very lovely young man I wish I knew his name who sorted everything out for us and we had a very pleasant trip on the very next train :)..the meals and service were wonderful I wish I had time to take another trip ..and on our next visit will certainly try to take the train rather than fly :) Value for money Convenience
- "1st trip to paris" Richard s. 26/07/2016
our first trip to Paris happened recently. we looked forward to this trip for months. We booked first class and were a little dissapointed, the Eurostar definition and our definition of first class differed somewhat. Not withstanding that dissapointment, the trip was uneventful and a fantastic way to get to france. I would definitely use the service again. and recommend such to others Value for money Convenience
- "easy ride" . 25/07/2016
It was an easy and fast way to get from London to Paris.
- "q" Mark h. 25/07/2016
Seats were small. (Iam tall but not that tall 6' 2") St Pancras is a very effiicient station, as was passport control Value for money Convenience
- "Paris to London" Brenton g. 25/07/2016
Our departure from Paris was delayed by 25min. Previous service was delayed by 40min and departure terminal was overwhelmed with double the number of people. Due to a change of train configuration, all pre-assigned seats were lost. Instead there was a race to get seats together. A number of families were split up. Storage space for luggage on board is cramped. Once the train is rolling the trip is smooth and comfortable. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable and Efficient" Douglas h. 23/07/2016
A comfortable and efficient way to travel in Europe. Save yourself time waiting around in airports. Better still get right into the centre of town with easy transport connections! Value for money Convenience
- "I didn’t think I would like it" Michael b. 23/07/2016
Really efficient.....and comfortable. I thought I would suffer from claustrophobia, but no problems whatsoever. Very, very fast train! Value for money Convenience
- "trip London to Paris" . 22/07/2016
excellent in every way
- ".LONDON ST-PANCRAS - PARIS NOR" Jerry c. 21/07/2016
Excellent trip and service, great meal. Value for money Convenience
- "BrusselS to London St-Pancras" Roger s. 21/07/2016
As above the convenience out ways travelling by planes with the stations are inner city also staff were so helpful for people travelling in strange countries. Value for money Convenience
- "Great way to travel " Tony h. 21/07/2016
We travelled from Paris to London and to say it was great would be an unfair. It was superb! The convenience of boarding your train in central Paris and arriving in central London is fantastic and the door-to-door journey takes significantly less time than flying. The train is clean, comfortable and quick and the service is excellent. We will certainly travel this way again. Value for money Convenience
- "best value train travel" Margaret s. 20/07/2016
well organised, well informed, clean and roomy trains with NO cramped Duplex coaches, thoughtful enough to make extra room for luggage when needed. Value for money Convenience
- "Ashford to Paris" Margaret w. 20/07/2016
Very Good Value for money Convenience