- London - Paris: 02:16
- Prices from AU$ 88
- Book up to 180 days in advance
- High Speed trains
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
Eurostar, high speed trains. Preferred way to travel between main cities like London, Paris and Brussels.
For high-speed train travel between London, Lille, Paris and Brussels the Eurostar is the perfect answer! Journey times are so fast you can easily do a return trip to another country in one day. With speeds of up to 300 km/h you can travel from London to Lille or from London to Paris conveniently. As well as exciting city destinations, Eurostar also has seasonal routes. Over the summer a popular route is from London to Avignon, and during the winter there is no better way to travel from London to within reach of over 40 fantastic ski resorts from Moûtiers, Aime-la-Plagne and Bourg St Maurice.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Eurostar serves main destinations like London, Paris and Brussels but it also has direct trains to Disneyland Resort Paris from London. Look out for other seasonal services too.
|Paris||Ebbsfleet International||02:05||AU$ 80|
|London||Marne La Vallee||02:43||AU$ 207|
|Brussels||Ebbsfleet International||01:49||AU$ 80|
|Ebbsfleet International||Lille||01:11||AU$ 80|
|Calais||Ebbsfleet International||00:44||AU$ 80|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Eurostar tickets are open for booking 180 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
By train or by plane?Is the train faster than the plane, is the train cheaper or more comfortable as compared to flying? Overall, the Eurostar high speed trains are cheaper, faster and more comfortable than airplanes.
Eurostar is the best way to travel if you want to avoid the hassle of airport security, queues and long check in times. With Eurostar’s international service you can take your time, see the sights and relax in a comfortable stylish environment.
Experience the service
- Eurostar’s main stations, Paris Gare du Nord, Brussels Midi/Zuid and London St Pancras International, are all located in city centres.
- All stations have good transport links for onward travel by train, bus or taxi, and there are plenty of hotels close by.
- Anyone travelling in Business Premier will also find lounges in the stations to relax in before boarding the train.
OnboardPassengers travelling in Business Premier are served at seat a three course meal. Early risers will enjoy a hot or cold breakfast. Standard class passengers can take a stroll to the buffet car where they will find friendly staff serving hot and cold snacks and drinks. Eurostar has three classes to choose from and whichever class you choose, you will be welcomed on board by a friendly multilingual staff and you will find comfortable seats in modern air conditioned carriages. Business Premier carriages offer passengers spacious reclining seats with generous legroom and each seat has table to eat or work off as well as power sockets for your devices. Travellers with Business Premier tickets also benefit from flexible tickets (so they can catch an earlier train if there is space available) and free Wi-Fi in the business lounges.
|First class||First class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||Business Premier||Standard Premier||Standard|
|10 minute check-in Avoid queues and get fast-tracked to board the train. small>|
|Business lounge at station Get the ultimate treat before any trip, or simply an ideal place to continue working. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Food and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|30 minute check-in Such a short moment considering you are about to board one of the most famous trains in the world. small>|
|60 minute check-in (seasonal routes) Shorter than any airport check-in for a memorable trip ahead. small>|
Standard or Business Premier: make your choice.
- Whether you travel in Business or Standard Premier Class aboard Eurostar, you benefit from a wide range of services to travel in comfort and style. You are welcome by staff at the entrance of the carriage and you benefit from air-conditioned and specially designated carriages for your comfort. Eurostar trains offer you spacious reclining seats with generous legroom. Each seat has either an individual slide out table or a fixed table shared with adjacent passengers and is equipped with power sockets. Flexibility of ticket, wireless in the business lounges, additional aboard services like the Express breakfast option for those who wish to work: dedicated to Business travellers, the Eurostar Business Premier Class makes you benefit from a wide range of services especially designed for your comfort and peace of mind.
No need to burden yourself, Eurostar trains offer all you need!
- There is a luggage limit onboard Eurostar trains. You are allowed 2 pieces of luggage and 1 carry-on bag. Eurostar has plenty of storage space for luggage at the end of each carriage, and in the overhead racks so make sure you can lift your bags easily.
Will there be a toilet on the train?
- Toilets are easily accessible on all the Eurostar trains and are usually most of the time indicated with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each Eurostar train coach, and include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
Travelling by high speed train with Eurostar makes every journey hassle free. Sit back, relax, and enjoy a meal and the views as Eurostar transports you directly to your destination in comfort and style.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Toilets are easily accessible on all the trains and are usually marked with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each train car (also known as a coach), and will include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
- A. Each passenger is allowed 2 pieces of luggage and 1 carry-on bag.
- A. Eurostar is a reservation-only service and bookings can be taken up to 6 months in advance. Also bear in mind that Eurostar is not included in the Eurail pass or France Rail Pass program but you can still get a discount on Eurostar when buying a pass.
- A. A passenger qualifies for Senior Fares at age 60 and over.
Q. Should Eurostar, Thalys and other High Speed Train tickets be purchased prior to your departure date?A. Many trains such as the Eurostar offer discounted tickets for advance purchase. These fares have limited availability and sell out quickly. To receive the best price on the train you want to travel on you should purchase your tickets prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains.
- A. Breakfast is served before 11:00 a.m.; lunch is served between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00pm A snack is served between 2:00pm and 5:00pm Dinner is served after 5:00pm.
- A. Eurostar Direct Services can connect you directly from London to Paris, but also Brussels, Lille, Disneyland Paris and on a seasonal basis to Avignon in summer and to the French Alps during winter with a single weekly connection.
Q. What are the differences between Full Fare, Leisure Fare, Youth Fare, Passholder Fare and Senior Fare on Eurostar?A. Full Fare is an unrestricted ticket. It is fully exchangeable and refundable even after the departure date. For exchanges and refunds, your local Raileurope office must receive the ticket no later than 60 days after the train's departure date. Click here to get the Contact Us adress. Value fare is non-exchangeable and non-refundable. Youth Fare (for travelers under 26 years of age) is exchangeable once in Europe before departure date. It is non-refundable. Passholder Fare (issued in conjunction with appropriate railpass) is exchangeable once in Europe. It is non-refundable. Senior Fare (for travelers 60 years of age and over) is exchangeable once in Europe. It is non-refundable.
- A. Eurostar services offer three classes of service: 2 for first class (Business Premier and Standard Premier) and one for second class (Standard). Among the facilities offered for Eurostar Business Premier passengers, you’ll find priority express check-in in 10 minutes at the terminals, a dedicated ticket desk for check-in, access to the Eurostar Executive lounges, spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, Wi-Fi access at the terminals, a dedicated coach for business travellers, complimentary newspapers, and also a 3 course meal served at seat. Eurostar Standard Premier passengers, whose check-in is 30 minutes before departure, will be offered spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, complimentary newspapers and a cold meal served at seat. In the convenience of a comfortable carriage, Standard passengers will also be enjoying themselves with a vast variety of dishes they will find at a bar buffet car.
Q. On Eurostar, what are the differences between the Business Premier, Leisure Select, and Standard Classes of service?A. Business Premier class is dedicated to serving the business traveler with its superior service. Business travelers can expect a nonsmoking car, fast lane check-in, use of the Executive Lounges, breakfast or a 3-course lunch or dinner with choice of entrée and wine, complimentary drink, newspapers, Wifi access in the terminal and lap top sockets on board the train. Leisure Select tickets provide complimentary food (including a 3-course dinner), beverages, and newspapers while you relax in your reclining seat. Full Fare tickets gives you access to the Eurostar Lounge. Standard Class offers comfort, convenience, and value. Enjoy the bar car, or purchase snacks and refreshments from the trolley cart when it comes to your seat.
answered | Posted by Liliya S. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/11/2016
answered | Posted by Ian U. | Comments 0 | Created: 30/10/2016
answered | Posted by Shelley W. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/09/2016
answered | Posted by Jeff S. | Comments 0 | Created: 28/08/2016
answered | Posted by chrisitne b. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/08/2016
Reviews & ratings Eurostar
Overall rating (1893)
Overall appreciationExcellent 39% Very good 36% Average 18% Poor 4% Terrible 2%
- "Very relaxed trip" Warren s. 06/12/2016
This trip was very relaxed and enjoyable- like the previous times I've crossed the channel by train Value for money Convenience
- "Sharne hollis review " Sharne h. 17/11/2016
Excellent value for money as middle of london to middle of Paris. No travelling into the centre of each needed . A little more information when dis barking from train regards the taxi service would be nice as I'm sure I was hassled and overcharged but that was not a euro rail problem Value for money Convenience
- "quick and convenient" Robyn e. 14/11/2016
quick, easy and convenient Convenience
- "All good" Ian George g. 13/11/2016
excellent trip Value for money Convenience
- "End of a Europe holiday" Heather r. 10/11/2016
We've travelled Premium on the Eurostar a number of times and enjoy the extra level of service. This service remained good on this trip but the train we had was old and tatty. Value for money Convenience
- "Simple." Penelope m. 10/11/2016
I always find it so simple to catch the Eurostar. Once you get through immigration which probably needs to be bigger. The trip seems to take no time at all. Value for money Convenience
- "Eurostar" Stephen b. 10/11/2016
Excellent Eurostar trip from Paris to London. Gare du Nord waiting area doesn't have enough seating. London end has ample seating but Paris is pretty poor considering amount of time you need to check in before departure Value for money Convenience
- "Better than flying" Jane m. 07/11/2016
The convenience of being able to take the train to make the journey from London to Paris was fantastic. It actually saved us time and money in that we didn't have get out to an airport, pay a taxi etc. we left from the centre of London and arrived in the centre of Paris. Fantastic experience. Value for money Convenience
- "Fast train to Paris" Stephen w. 07/11/2016
Check-in was simple, the journey itself was stress-free - it's just unfortunate that the departure time was delayed for more than two hours as it made sitting around waiting in the reception area tiresome. Other than that, this is a great service that operates with a huge number of departure/arrival times to accommodate everyone. Value for money Convenience
- "A Great Way to Travel" Andrew b. 06/11/2016
The process through immigration and customs was very efficient. However, certain articles of luggage which are permissable to be taken on board an aircraft hold are not on board Eurostar. This is due to the fact that passenger luggage is stored in racks at the end of each carriage. That said, the journey was smooth as silk and it seemed in no time at all we were across the channel. Our carriage appeared a little tired and a refurbishment would have enhanced our experience further. Overall, as a comparison with air travel over train, Eurostar is the way to go. Value for money Convenience
- "Travel in Comfort" Rebecca s. 03/11/2016
Loved traveling with Eurostar - the coaches are clean and comfortable and always on time. Value for money Convenience
- "Eurostar very convenient" Susan k. 02/11/2016
I love the convenience of the Eurostar, but it's a pity the seats are so uncomfortable. They are permanently slanted back - not good for your posture. Value for money Convenience
- "Paris to London" Monica m. 02/11/2016
The train was comfortable- enough storage for bags.On arrival in London lots of cabs to get you to your hotel. Value for money Convenience
- "Centre to Centre" Gregory m. 02/11/2016
From the centre of London to the centre of Paris in two hours is great. Train is quiet and comfortable and there was no long queue for taxis at Gare du Nord! Wi-Fi at St Pancras is very patchy. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable trip" Terry j. 01/11/2016
2nd class good. Quite adequate. Value for money Convenience