Eurostar: Special Youth fare!
Under 26 years old? Book before November 2, 2016 and benefit from a special Youth fare.
- London - Paris: 02:16
- Prices from AU$ 88
- Book up to 180 days in advance
- High speed trains
Eurostar, high speed trains. Preferred way to travel between main cities like London, Paris and Brussels.
For high-speed train travel between London, Lille, Paris and Brussels the Eurostar is the perfect answer! Journey times are so fast you can easily do a return trip to another country in one day. With speeds of up to 300 km/h you can travel from London to Lille or from London to Paris conveniently. As well as exciting city destinations, Eurostar also has seasonal routes. Over the summer a popular route is from London to Avignon, and during the winter there is no better way to travel from London to within reach of over 40 fantastic ski resorts from Moûtiers, Aime-la-Plagne and Bourg St Maurice.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Eurostar serves main destinations like London, Paris and Brussels but it also has direct trains to Disneyland Resort Paris from London. Look out for other seasonal services too.
|Ebbsfleet International||Paris||02:05||AU$ 105|
|London||Marne La Vallee||02:43||AU$ 207|
|Brussels||Ebbsfleet International||01:49||AU$ 80|
|Lille||Ebbsfleet International||01:09||AU$ 80|
|Calais||Ebbsfleet International||00:44||AU$ 80|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Eurostar tickets are open for booking 180 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
By train or by plane?Is the train faster than the plane, is the train cheaper or more comfortable as compared to flying? Overall, the Eurostar high speed trains are cheaper, faster and more comfortable than airplanes.
Eurostar is the best way to travel if you want to avoid the hassle of airport security, queues and long check in times. With Eurostar’s international service you can take your time, see the sights and relax in a comfortable stylish environment.
Experience the service
Before you board
- Eurostar’s main stations, Paris Gare du Nord, Brussels Midi/Zuid and London St Pancras International, are all located in city centres.
- All stations have good transport links for onward travel by train, bus or taxi, and there are plenty of hotels close by.
- Anyone travelling in Business Premier will also find lounges in the stations to relax in before boarding the train.
OnboardPassengers travelling in Business Premier are served at seat a three course meal. Early risers will enjoy a hot or cold breakfast. Standard class passengers can take a stroll to the buffet car where they will find friendly staff serving hot and cold snacks and drinks. Eurostar has three classes to choose from and whichever class you choose, you will be welcomed on board by a friendly multilingual staff and you will find comfortable seats in modern air conditioned carriages. Business Premier carriages offer passengers spacious reclining seats with generous legroom and each seat has table to eat or work off as well as power sockets for your devices. Travellers with Business Premier tickets also benefit from flexible tickets (so they can catch an earlier train if there is space available) and free Wi-Fi in the business lounges.
|First class||First class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||Business Premier||Standard Premier||Standard|
|10 minute check-in Avoid queues and get fast-tracked to board the train. small>|
|Business lounge at station Get the ultimate treat before any trip, or simply an ideal place to continue working. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|30 minute check-in Such a short moment considering you are about to board one of the most famous trains in the world. small>|
|60 minute check-in (seasonal routes) Shorter than any airport check-in for a memorable trip ahead. small>|
Standard or Business Premier: make your choice.
- Whether you travel in Business or Standard Premier Class aboard Eurostar, you benefit from a wide range of services to travel in comfort and style. You are welcome by staff at the entrance of the carriage and you benefit from air-conditioned and specially designated carriages for your comfort. Eurostar trains offer you spacious reclining seats with generous legroom. Each seat has either an individual slide out table or a fixed table shared with adjacent passengers and is equipped with power sockets. Flexibility of ticket, wireless in the business lounges, additional aboard services like the Express breakfast option for those who wish to work: dedicated to Business travellers, the Eurostar Business Premier Class makes you benefit from a wide range of services especially designed for your comfort and peace of mind.
No need to burden yourself, Eurostar trains offer all you need!
- There is a luggage limit onboard Eurostar trains. You are allowed 2 pieces of luggage and 1 carry-on bag. Eurostar has plenty of storage space for luggage at the end of each carriage, and in the overhead racks so make sure you can lift your bags easily.
Will there be a toilet on the train?
- Toilets are easily accessible on all the Eurostar trains and are usually most of the time indicated with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each Eurostar train coach, and include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
Travelling by high speed train with Eurostar makes every journey hassle free. Sit back, relax, and enjoy a meal and the views as Eurostar transports you directly to your destination in comfort and style.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Each passenger is allowed 2 pieces of luggage and 1 carry-on bag.
- A. Breakfast is served before 11:00 a.m.; lunch is served between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00pm A snack is served between 2:00pm and 5:00pm Dinner is served after 5:00pm.
- A. No, travel on Eurostar requires a separate ticket. However, many rail passes include discounted rates for the Eurostar called a Passholder fare. To see a list of passes that allow these fares select "details" when viewing fares with a pass.
- A. From London to Paris and vice versa, Eurostar offers frequent service: every 30 minutes during peak hours and approximately once per hour during non-peak time. During the peak summer season, up to 24 trains run daily to Paris. From London to Brussels and vice versa, service is offered approximately every 2 hours. During summer, Eurostar offers daily service to Disneyland Paris. During winter, there is 1 train a week.
- A. A passenger qualifies for Senior Fares at age 60 and over.
- A. Eurostar is a reservation-only service and bookings can be taken up to 6 months in advance. Also bear in mind that Eurostar is not included in the Eurail pass or France Rail Pass program but you can still get a discount on Eurostar when buying a pass.
- A. Eurostar journeys can be booked up to 6 months in advance of the return date of travel. Eurostar Direct services to Disneyland Resort Paris have a longer booking period and are made available further in advance. And Eurostar Direct seasonal services to the French Alps and Avignon are opened for sale for the entire season.
- A. Eurostar offers 3 classes of service: 2 for 1st class and 1 for 2nd class. Business Premier which offers priority express check-in at the terminals, a dedicated ticket desk for check in, access to the Eurostar Executive lounges, spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, wifi access at the terminals, a dedicated coach for business travelers, complimentary newspapers, 3-course meal with refreshments at your seat. Leisure Select offers spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, complimentary newspapers, and 3-course meal with refreshments at your seat. Standard class (2nd class) offers generous legroom and access to a bar-buffet car where a selection of food and beverages are available for purchase.
Q. Should Eurostar, Thalys and other High Speed Train tickets be purchased prior to your departure date?A. Many trains such as the Eurostar offer discounted tickets for advance purchase. These fares have limited availability and sell out quickly. To receive the best price on the train you want to travel on you should purchase your tickets prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains.
- A. Toilets are easily accessible on all the trains and are usually marked with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each train car (also known as a coach), and will include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
answered | Posted by Shelley W. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/09/2016
answered | Posted by Jeff S. | Comments 0 | Created: 28/08/2016
answered | Posted by chrisitne b. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/08/2016
answered | Posted by kevin h. | Comments 0 | Created: 12/07/2016
answered | Posted by Peter M. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/05/2016
Reviews & ratings Eurostar
Overall rating (1893)
Overall appreciationExcellent 39% Very good 36% Average 18% Poor 4% Terrible 2%
- "Easy trip to London" Tracey e. 25/09/2016
As a single female traveller it would have been nice to have someone help with my luggage in the First Class carriage as I was left to struggle with my own suitcase. Trip was uneventful with good announcement made throughout, maybe a little more space for suitcases on the train as space was limited. Value for money Convenience
- "Great way to travel" Judith l. 24/09/2016
The Eurostar is a really great way to get from Paris to London. Seats are comfortable and the service is good. The only down side is there isn't always enough room for suitcases. Value for money Convenience
- "London to Paris " Lesley r. 23/09/2016
Travelling directly from Heathrow to Paddington to St Pancras was easy. We arrived early and were allowed to change to an earlier train, which was great as we had already been travelling for 30 hours. Very comfortable, enjoyable trip. Value for money Convenience
- "Europe 2016" Jeffrey b. 23/09/2016
Travelled 2nd class , was very comfortable , we have no regrets or complaints Value for money Convenience
- "No seat allocation" Nicholas c. 22/09/2016
Booking directly with rail companies allows the traveller to select seats. RailEurope do not provide this option and it's not possible to request seat allocation from the rail company after they have been booked by RailEurope. My partner suffers from motion sickness so this is an important consideration if we want to enjoy our holiday. Fortunately we were facing forwards, but we won't be taking this risk by booking with RailEurope in the future. Value for money Convenience
- "Mr. Arthur" Arthur Clement l. 22/09/2016
My first trip on a fast train and I enjoyed the experience. The staff in the meal car were courteous in communication. The seats are comfortable and booking on line gives value for money. Value for money Convenience
- "convenient" Caron c. 22/09/2016
most convenient and efficient way to travel to Paris. The customer service was very good and ease of boarding was also good Value for money Convenience
- "Into the Heart of Paris" Wayne g. 21/09/2016
We love this way of travelling into the heart of Paris from the heart of London. None of the hassles involved with getting to and from airports with the long checkin times, security queues and luggage issues. Travel on time (to the minute), in comfort (plenty of legroom and space to move around) and on arrival in Paris, simply grab your bags and go! Value for money Convenience
- "train trip" Suzanne s. 21/09/2016
the trip was on time, well organised and relaxing Value for money Convenience
- "Last leg of or trip" Michael d. 20/09/2016
The train travel was just a perfect end to our holiday we have now gone both ways from London.Cant thank Rail Europe team enough. Thanks guys Value for money Convenience
- "Excellent assistance" Lesley h. 19/09/2016
I use a walking stick and had not realised that to secure assistance, I needed to pre-book. However, the lady at the welcome desk made my departure much easier by changing my seat to a carriage which did not require me to walk so far. Also, staff assisted me with my case both on embarking and disembarking. Excellent service and now know that I can pre-bbok assistance on future trips. Value for money Convenience
- "Train was old" Ken a. 17/09/2016
Overall trip was good. Ran a few minutes over time so put pressure on short connection time in Paris as we needed to transfer to Montparnasse. Train is old and lacking modern features like USB ports, wifi. Not sure if this was reflected in price or not. Value for money Convenience
- "Excellent" . 16/09/2016
We experienced our journey from London to Paris return and were very happy with the comfort and value for money. Colleen Taylor Australia
- "First time on the Euro Star." Anna c. 15/09/2016
It was our first trip on the Euro Star and were pleasantly impressed. We were placed on board in an orderly manner considering there were a few people travelling that day. The ride was comfortable and quick. Got to London in just over 2 hours. Would highly recommend this type of travel and would certainly do it again. Value for money Convenience
- "Fast and smooth" Ronald Mayo w. 13/09/2016
This was our first experience on the fast train. The seats were comfy, meals and drinks fine and staff were very friendly. The train ride was so smooth even though we were going really fast. What a great way to travel from London to Paris. Value for money Convenience