Save AU$ 45 with code EUROPE1734 - book 3 months in advance
Save AU$ 30 with code EUROPE1718 - book 2 months in advance
Save AU$ 15 with code EUROPE1702 - book 1 month in advance
- Interlaken - Lucerne: 01:51
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- Scenic trains
- Unique travel experience
- Panoramic route
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
GoldenPass Line. Best of Swiss Alpine scenery, Lucerne to Lake Geneva, serving Montreux, Interlaken etc.
The GoldenPass Line connects the lakes of Lucerne, Interlaken and Montreux stopping at some beautiful Swiss towns along the way. You’ll travel nearly 150 miles through the incredible Swiss scenery before arriving at your destination. The modern panoramic trains run throughout the year and there are several trains a day. GoldenPass Line routes include Lucerne to Interlaken, Interlaken to Spiez-Zweisimmen and Zweisimmen to Montreux. Starting on the shores of Lake Lucerne you’ll pass Giswil, cross over Brünig Pass to Meringen and Brienz before arriving at Interlaken. Right in the heart of Switzerland, on this part of the route you’ll pass typical mountain timber houses and see beautiful alpine flowers and enjoy the views from the panoramic oversized windows. On this last leg of the journey the train passes through Gstaad home to the rich and famous and through Chateau-d’Oex before descending steeply towards Montreux, through the country estates and vineyards until you reach Lake Geneva.
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- GoldenPass Line tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before boardingMake sure to reach the train station at least 10 minutes prior to the train departures, especially when you are unfamiliar with the premises.
|First class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||First class||Second class|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Panoramic cars Large windows offering panoramic view of the stunning landscape. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
answered | Posted by Sally Q. | Comments 0 | Created: 13/06/2014
answered | Posted by tony g. | Comments 2 | Created: 06/06/2014
answered | Posted by Geoffrey G. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/06/2014
answered | Posted by tony g. | Comments 2 | Created: 21/05/2014
answered | Posted by Eleanor H. | Comments 2 | Created: 09/04/2014
Reviews & ratings GoldenPass Line
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
No reviews for this product yet