Italian International Trains
- Zurich - Milan: 03:41
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High Speed trains
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
Italian International Trains
Italian Int. trains. Ideal to travel between Italy and Zurich, Geneva, Basel, Budapest, Zagreb etc.
Travelling around Italy by train is a dream but you can also explore further afield with the Italian International Trains. The high-speed Cisalpino is one of the world’s most modern tilting trains. Imagine taking a ride through the snow-capped Dolomite Mountains or through the deep forests of Germany. The Italian International service can help you explore Italy’s riches and much further to Switzerland, Germany or Austria. Perhaps you want to start out in the fashion capital of Milan and end up in Geneva just less than four hours later.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations for the Italian International Trains include Munich, Innsbruck, Geneva, Lugano and Zurich.
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian International Trains tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
All the main Italian city train stations have plenty of food outlets, shops and services such as luggage storage, foreign exchange and car rental.You don’t need to check in for these trains. All ticket checks will take place on board.
OnboardItalian International trains offer both first and second class. All trains are air-conditioned with a restaurant and bar car serving both hot meals and light refreshments.
|First class||Second class|
|Air conditioned carriages Makes it bliss when travelling during the summer period.|
|Restaurant car Drinks, snacks and delicious meals, to make the most of your trip.|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff.|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride.|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. 1st Class seats often recline, there are fewer seats per car, and there is more space for luggage. On some high-speed trains, the price of a 1st Class ticket includes a meal. 1st class is generally quieter with more business and adult passengers. 2nd Class accommodations are less expensive, but not as spacious, as there are more seats per car. For trips over 2 hours we recommend that you book 1st class.
- A. TGV trains offer a buffet car where you can find a vast choice of hot and cold meals. Drinks and snacks are also available at vending machines on all TGV trains. You are also allowed to bring your own food and drink onto the train.
- A. You can book your ICE train up to 3 months in advance.
- A. Yes, there is a catering service on board Italo trains. While there are 2 Area break with self-service vending machines, there are no bar/restaurant coaches. From the vending machines which are in coach 3 and 7, you can but hot and cold drinks as well as snacks. Passengers in Club and Prima class will be offered a catering service at an extra cost, which you must pay once on board. You can order the Italo breakfast, if you are travelling in the early morning between Milan and Rome.
- A. We are unable to ship tickets purchased on Raileurope outside of your country of residence. We recommend that you have all travel documents in hand before departing from your country of residence.
- A. A travel day lasts 24 hours, in which you can take as many trains as you wish.
Q. Under train tickets and schedules, does the fare represent a per person rate or total for everyone?A. Our "Train Tickets and Schedules" section calculates the total cost of your outbound journey first, and it includes the cost for the number of people that you specify. Once you choose an outbound journey, the costs of the return journey appear.
Q. On Eurostar, what are the differences between the Business Premier, Leisure Select, and Standard Classes of service?A. Business Premier class is dedicated to serving the business traveler with its superior service. Business travelers can expect a nonsmoking car, fast lane check-in, use of the Executive Lounges, breakfast or a 3-course lunch or dinner with choice of entrée and wine, complimentary drink, newspapers, Wifi access in the terminal and lap top sockets on board the train. Leisure Select tickets provide complimentary food (including a 3-course dinner), beverages, and newspapers while you relax in your reclining seat. Full Fare tickets gives you access to the Eurostar Lounge. Standard Class offers comfort, convenience, and value. Enjoy the bar car, or purchase snacks and refreshments from the trolley cart when it comes to your seat.
- A. In order to accommodate a group of 5 travelers, you will need to do 2 separate requests. You have the following options: * 2 passengers in a double, and the other 3 in a T3 compartment (if offered). * 4 passengers in a T4 (if offered) and 1 passenger in a single. * 4 passengers split into 2 double compartments, and 1 passenger in a single. * Reserve all 5 in a T6 compartment. Options a, b, and c will need to be requested separately as it has been broken down. Option d can be requested all at once.
Q. When I select the box that says I have a pass I am not receiving any schedules, but when I do not select the box that says I have a pass I receive schedules. Why can't I book a reservation with a Pass?A. The train you are requesting does not offer reservations. Please note the train time for your travel information. To board this train you will need your pass and can take any available seat.
answered | Posted by Giuseppina R. | Comments 0 | Created: 06/05/2016
answered | Posted by Leanne M. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/03/2016
answered | Posted by Lisa S. | Comments 0 | Created: 02/03/2016
answered | Posted by Walter L. | Comments 0 | Created: 27/01/2016
Is there a route from venice (santa lucia) to grindelwald on 28-05-16 1st class cabin. how much is the (...)Hi I am looking to purchase one way ticket from Venice (santa lucia) to Grindelwald Swiss. Would like to leave after 2pm on (...)
answered | Posted by ANKIT K. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/01/2016
Reviews & ratings Italian International Trains
Overall rating (256)
Overall appreciationExcellent 30% Very good 37% Average 18% Poor 6% Terrible 8%
- "excellent train" . 22/08/2016
The train ride was exceptional. Comfort, nice staff, very clean and quiet train.
- "A great way to enter Venice..." Phoebe Helen w. 23/06/2016
The trip was great and we had good seats, single seats opposite each other with the window. I do wish, though, that when I booked the tickets I had been asked if I wanted to go to Venice Mestre or Santa Lucia. Luckily, we were able to travel through to Santa Lucia on the same train with no extra payment. Value for money Convenience
- "Across Europe" Adrian h. 22/06/2016
Smooth and comfortable. Train ran exactly to time. Value for money Convenience
- "scenery plus" Dean p. 14/06/2016
We took the direct mid morning train from Munich to Venice. The scenery was unbelievable, we also enjoyed a meal and a few beers in the very good buffet car. The service was exceptional and the journey altogether was simply fascinating. Would highly recommend Euro rail, cheers from down under. Value for money Convenience
- "Beautiful Scenery" Mary b. 12/06/2016
Highly recommend this trip with great views of clinging clouds on sharp peaks and beautiful trip around a lake Value for money Convenience
- "Lindsay Lake" Lindsay l. 09/06/2016
The train arrived at Verona 5 minutes late. I was so panicked to miss another train from Verona to Munich but it was stranded for another 15 minutes. Oh! my god that I was very lucky. Only 4 minutes transfer to another train departs for Munich it should be 15 minutes for transfer time. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfy" Timothy b. 06/06/2016
1st Class differs in Italy but you are offered refreshments as you travel. Same as in Switzerland but no complimentary refreshments but much more room and less crowded than 2nd class. Value for money Convenience
- "Salzburg to Innsbruck" Timothy f. 26/05/2016
Our trip on this train to Innsbruck was part of a longer journey. Our seats had been used by previous passengers and was left with food on the seats, tray table and floor, magazines were left and it was generally uncomfortable. Convenience
- "Good trip" Dale s. 15/05/2016
Our trip from Venice to Innsbruck was good. The convenience of doing this trip by train was good. It was excellent that we could book, pay and receive our tickets at home before setting off on our travels.Only problem, a minor one, why book six people with bags into one first class cabin when half the train was empty. Value for money Convenience
- "So very pleased" Jerry f. 14/05/2016
The Italian rail, especially Freccarosa, was our favourite from all the rail trips we did in Europe. Top class Value for money Convenience
- "Freccia still performing well" John p. 25/04/2016
This was unfortunately, only the first short stage of the trip. The Freccia is fast and comfortable. Value for money Convenience
- "Excellent scencery" . 21/03/2016
Despite the poor service from rail Europe this was an amazing scenic trip
- "Train from Milan to Geneva" Jerome Paul c. 18/01/2016
We found the Milan central station easily accessible, easy to navigate around and comfortable to wait at. I would recommend this trip for those wanting a relaxed connection to Geneva. Value for money Convenience
- "Great trip" Harry c. 12/11/2015
Reasonable comfort, extra cost service in first class. Usual problem - no indication of which end of the train to board that results in running the length of a crowded platform with heavy suitcases. Value for money Convenience
- "family holiday" Maria h. 10/11/2015
excellent service very comfortable and punctual the scenery on this journey was amazing Value for money Convenience