Italian International Trains
- Zurich - Milan: 03:41
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High speed trains
Italian International Trains
Italian Int. trains. Ideal to travel between Italy and Zurich, Geneva, Basel, Budapest, Zagreb etc.
Travelling around Italy by train is a dream but you can also explore further afield with the Italian International Trains. The high-speed Cisalpino is one of the world’s most modern tilting trains. Imagine taking a ride through the snow-capped Dolomite Mountains or through the deep forests of Germany. The Italian International service can help you explore Italy’s riches and much further to Switzerland, Germany or Austria. Perhaps you want to start out in the fashion capital of Milan and end up in Geneva just less than four hours later.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations for the Italian International Trains include Munich, Innsbruck, Geneva, Lugano and Zurich.
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian International Trains tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
All the main Italian city train stations have plenty of food outlets, shops and services such as luggage storage, foreign exchange and car rental.You don’t need to check in for these trains. All ticket checks will take place on board.
OnboardItalian International trains offer both first and second class. All trains are air-conditioned with a restaurant and bar car serving both hot meals and light refreshments.
|First class||Second class|
|Air conditioned carriages Makes it bliss when travelling during the summer period.|
|Restaurant car Drinks, snacks and delicious meals, to make the most of your trip.|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff.|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride.|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
Q. Is it possible to travel from Cologne to Brussels by ICE and back by Thalys with a German Rail Pass Extension coupon?A. You can only travel from Cologne to Brussels with ICE trains. The extension is not valid on the Thalys train. There are 4 daily ICE trains between Germany and Belgium.
- A. Heathrow Express arrives in London's Paddington Station.
- A. With a Eurail Italy pass, you can get free and discounted ferry crossings, as well as other great offers in museums and monuments. 1st class pass holders are entitled to free transfers between Roma Fiumicino Airport and Roma Termini train station on the Leonardo Express and also between Pisa airport and Florence central station.
- A. To validate your German Rail Pass Extension, it needs to be accompanied by a German Rail Pass and your passport. Please note that the use of the extension requires a travel day of the German Rail Pass for each trip used.
- A. A travel day is any travel between 12 midnight on one day to 12 midnight of the following day (i.e. a 24-hour period). On each travel day, you can take as many trains or participating ferries as you wish.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding TGV trains. However, you must be onboard at the latest 2 minutes prior to the departure time, beyond which access to the train cannot be guaranteed. Ticket control and passport checks will occur on board the train.
- A. The standard of amount of luggage is 2 large items per person. Trains have either overhead storage racks throughout the car, storage room behind the back of your seat or luggage areas at the end of the car. There is no porter service available and all passengers are responsible for putting their own luggage on the train. Note: Luggage kept by the passenger and placed in the luggage racks remains under the sole responsibility of the traveler. The railroads assume no responsibility in case of loss, damage, or theft.
- A. Austria, Benelux (includes Belgium, Luxembourg, Holland), Bulgaria/Serbia/Montenegro, Czech Republic, Croatia/Slovenia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
- A. Toilets are easily accessible on all the trains and are usually marked with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each train car (also known as a coach), and will include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
- A. Yes. Passengers can use baggage lockers which are found between the coaches. However they have to make a 1 euro deposit. There are also luggage areas at the end of the carriage which can be used without any supplement.
answered | Posted by Giuseppina R. | Comments 0 | Created: 06/05/2016
answered | Posted by Leanne M. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/03/2016
answered | Posted by Lisa S. | Comments 0 | Created: 02/03/2016
answered | Posted by Walter L. | Comments 0 | Created: 27/01/2016
Is there a route from venice (santa lucia) to grindelwald on 28-05-16 1st class cabin. how much is the (...)Hi I am looking to purchase one way ticket from Venice (santa lucia) to Grindelwald Swiss. Would like to leave after 2pm on (...)
answered | Posted by ANKIT K. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/01/2016
Reviews & ratings Italian International Trains
Overall rating (256)
Overall appreciationExcellent 30% Very good 37% Average 18% Poor 6% Terrible 8%
- "excellent train" . 22/08/2016
The train ride was exceptional. Comfort, nice staff, very clean and quiet train.
- "A great way to enter Venice..." Phoebe Helen w. 23/06/2016
The trip was great and we had good seats, single seats opposite each other with the window. I do wish, though, that when I booked the tickets I had been asked if I wanted to go to Venice Mestre or Santa Lucia. Luckily, we were able to travel through to Santa Lucia on the same train with no extra payment. Value for money Convenience
- "Across Europe" Adrian h. 22/06/2016
Smooth and comfortable. Train ran exactly to time. Value for money Convenience
- "scenery plus" Dean p. 14/06/2016
We took the direct mid morning train from Munich to Venice. The scenery was unbelievable, we also enjoyed a meal and a few beers in the very good buffet car. The service was exceptional and the journey altogether was simply fascinating. Would highly recommend Euro rail, cheers from down under. Value for money Convenience
- "Beautiful Scenery" Mary b. 12/06/2016
Highly recommend this trip with great views of clinging clouds on sharp peaks and beautiful trip around a lake Value for money Convenience
- "Lindsay Lake" Lindsay l. 09/06/2016
The train arrived at Verona 5 minutes late. I was so panicked to miss another train from Verona to Munich but it was stranded for another 15 minutes. Oh! my god that I was very lucky. Only 4 minutes transfer to another train departs for Munich it should be 15 minutes for transfer time. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfy" Timothy b. 06/06/2016
1st Class differs in Italy but you are offered refreshments as you travel. Same as in Switzerland but no complimentary refreshments but much more room and less crowded than 2nd class. Value for money Convenience
- "Salzburg to Innsbruck" Timothy f. 26/05/2016
Our trip on this train to Innsbruck was part of a longer journey. Our seats had been used by previous passengers and was left with food on the seats, tray table and floor, magazines were left and it was generally uncomfortable. Convenience
- "Good trip" Dale s. 15/05/2016
Our trip from Venice to Innsbruck was good. The convenience of doing this trip by train was good. It was excellent that we could book, pay and receive our tickets at home before setting off on our travels.Only problem, a minor one, why book six people with bags into one first class cabin when half the train was empty. Value for money Convenience
- "So very pleased" Jerry f. 14/05/2016
The Italian rail, especially Freccarosa, was our favourite from all the rail trips we did in Europe. Top class Value for money Convenience
- "Freccia still performing well" John p. 25/04/2016
This was unfortunately, only the first short stage of the trip. The Freccia is fast and comfortable. Value for money Convenience
- "Excellent scencery" . 21/03/2016
Despite the poor service from rail Europe this was an amazing scenic trip
- "Train from Milan to Geneva" Jerome Paul c. 18/01/2016
We found the Milan central station easily accessible, easy to navigate around and comfortable to wait at. I would recommend this trip for those wanting a relaxed connection to Geneva. Value for money Convenience
- "Great trip" Harry c. 12/11/2015
Reasonable comfort, extra cost service in first class. Usual problem - no indication of which end of the train to board that results in running the length of a crowded platform with heavy suitcases. Value for money Convenience
- "family holiday" Maria h. 10/11/2015
excellent service very comfortable and punctual the scenery on this journey was amazing Value for money Convenience