Italian trains: Frecciargento
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High Speed trains
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
Italian trains: Frecciargento
Frecciargento, high speed trains serving all main cities like Rome, Venice, Reggio Calabria and more.
Along with Frecciarossa and Frecciabianca, Frecciargento are long distance high speed trains connecting all major Italian cities. Frecciargento trains run on both traditional and high speed. The Italian trains, operated by Trenitalia, serve Rome and the major cities located in the north east and the south of Italy. Frecciargento trains travel at a speed of up to 250km/h.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Main routes||Travel time|
|Rome||Reggio Di Calab V||05:12||AU$ 124|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian trains: Frecciargento tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Main railway stations like Venezia Mestre and Roma Termini, to name but a few, are served by the Frecciabianca trains.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Gatwick and Heathrow Express trains run every 15 minutes.
- A. Unfortunately, you cannot request a forward-facing seat. Trains generally pull into a station in one direction, and pull out in another direction and seat positions change, depending on the train.
Q. Should Eurostar, Thalys and other High Speed Train tickets be purchased prior to your departure date?A. Many trains such as the Eurostar offer discounted tickets for advance purchase. These fares have limited availability and sell out quickly. To receive the best price on the train you want to travel on you should purchase your tickets prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains.
- A. You can travel in first or second class. It depends on the classes of services which correspond to your German Rail Pass. In the ExpressBus to/from Munich to Prague, only 2nd class is available.
- A. Your Eurail Italy pass must be validated at a ticket window at a larger train station in Italy only. A railway official will fill in the first and last day of validity and your passport number, and will stamp your Eurail Italy pass, so that it is valid for travel.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer a full sit-down restaurant service, with a regularly changing menu of traditional Italian dishes. The restaurant is very modern and elegant. Alternatively, Frecciarossa trains also feature a coffee bar service offering fresh sandwiches, snacks, desserts and hot and cold beverages.
- A. Travel from London - Paris/Brussels and most of the train stations in between these 2 routes. For more detailed information on how to use a Eurostar self service kiosk review: How do I retrieve my e-tickets at Eurostar train stations ?
- A. You will be offered the Print @ home ticket delivery to travel on board Italo trains in Italy. Receive your ticket reference in your inbox, print it and you are ready to travel. The Print @ home is more convenient and has no shipping fees.
- A. Your e-ticket is included in the email confirmation you receive from Rail Europe.
- A. Book 1 passenger at a time, and select the Single compartment. You will need to do this step twice, once for each passenger.
answered | Posted by rodney b. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/10/2016
answered | Posted by Shelley W. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/09/2016
answered | Posted by Faye O. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/07/2016
answered | Posted by Sonja M. | Comments 0 | Created: 11/07/2016
answered | Posted by Kelli L. | Comments 0 | Created: 17/05/2016
Reviews & ratings Italian trains: Frecciargento
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
- "City to city convenience" William Barton b. 18/11/2016
Excellent service and fast trip. We booked and paid in advice for our trip which proved to be very convenient. Value for money Convenience
- "Excellent Trip" Carmel m. 06/11/2016
No complaints whatsoever. Service good, comfortable seats and train on time. Value for money Convenience
- "Only One a Day" Gregory m. 02/11/2016
This service, the Flecciargento from Rome airport to Padua, Florence, Bologna and Venice only runs once a day in each direction, as far as I know. It saves a lot of mucking about with changing trains Value for money Convenience
- "Venezia to Roma" John c. 26/10/2016
Always a pleasure to travel by train in Italy. Comfortable, clean and the convenience of snacks. Value for money Convenience
- "Easy travel" James m. 18/10/2016
Our family of 5 travelled from Roma to Firenze. We had booked seats and it was convenient to travel without needing to print tickets. Train was punctual, clean and comfortable. Would use this service again. Value for money Convenience
- "Terrible Journey" . 17/10/2016
This trip was terrible, probably the worst we've experienced including Indian 4th Class. The train arrived at Firenze 30 minutes late. At Rome Termini there was a delay of around 25 minutes, then a message (in Italian only) that the last leg to Fiumicino was 'cancelled'. No help or advice was given to the passengers going to the airport. Many of us were able to cram on to a later train to the airport, and the situation on this overcrowded train was chaotic with people and luggage jammed into every centimetre of space. This train also stalled for around half and hour, and many passengers missed their flights. A terrible experience!
- "Venice - Rome" Peter b. 15/10/2016
A very comfortable, convenient trip. Train was on time. However waiting for the train meant a lot of standing around….there should be a designated seating/waiting area for train travellers. Value for money Convenience
- "Euro rail" Debra b. 09/10/2016
pleasantly surprised with the train travel. Very comfortable and clean train. Value for money Convenience
- "Efficient Travel" Vanessa s. 08/10/2016
Very good way to travel in Italy. Reliable and on time. Enjoyed complimentary snack. Dreaded to use the toilet, needs to be cleaned more regularly. Would have liked the option to choose seats. Found booking online a little frustrating, couldn't choose seats to be with friends. Value for money Convenience
- "Ease and speed" Jan b. 08/10/2016
Having handed back the car it was a relaxing way to travel to Roma. Whilst the train was full in our coach, we managed to find space for our luggage. The train departed and arrived on time and was most efficient. I would recommend this mode of transport. Value for money Convenience
- "EAVE THE LUGAGE AT HOME" Jeffery r. 05/10/2016
THE TRAIN IS FINE BUT LACKS SPACE FOR LUGAGE. Value for money Convenience
- "Good Decision " . 05/10/2016
- "Comfortable and affordable" Nicole a. 04/10/2016
The train ride was comfortable and was reasonably priced. We were in first class so also had some snacks provided. There was plenty of room and the train was on time. It was a fun experience. Value for money Convenience
- "A great way to travel" Peter l. 27/09/2016
The train service is very good. However the train had about 12 carriages and there was no early signage on the platform to indicate where each carriage would stop. We and many other people had to walk and run with luggage to get to the correct carriage. This is not good enough. Value for money Convenience
- "Frecciargento" . 27/09/2016
Due to a death in my family I was unable to make my journey. I attempted to cancel the booking using my mobile phone internet but was unable to access the website properly to do so. I cannot comment on the journey but was not happy with the access to communication with the company.