Italian trains: Frecciargento
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High Speed trains
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
Italian trains: Frecciargento
Frecciargento, high speed trains serving all main cities like Rome, Venice, Reggio Calabria and more.
Along with Frecciarossa and Frecciabianca, Frecciargento are long distance high speed trains connecting all major Italian cities. Frecciargento trains run on both traditional and high speed. The Italian trains, operated by Trenitalia, serve Rome and the major cities located in the north east and the south of Italy. Frecciargento trains travel at a speed of up to 250km/h.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Main routes||Travel time|
|Rome||Reggio Di Calab V||05:12||AU$ 126|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian trains: Frecciargento tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Main railway stations like Venezia Mestre and Roma Termini, to name but a few, are served by the Frecciabianca trains.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. In some cases. Normally, your bicycle must be boxed and placed in a separate car, or it might have to be transported on a separate train. Extra charges may apply, and you must arrange bike transport locally. Bikes are allowed as checked luggage on the EC, IC, ICE, and TGV trains. The bike must be wrapped, with the wheels and pedals detached, and the handlebars parallel to the frame.
- A. From Germany, several cities in bordering countries can be reached. The Intercity Express (ICE) goes to Brussels, the DB Expressbus to Prague, the DB-ÖBB Eurocity to Kufstein and Innsbruck and the DB-ÖBB Eurocity to Bolzzano/Bozen, Verona, Bologna and Venice.
- A. 1st Class seats often recline, there are fewer seats per car, and there is more space for luggage. On some high-speed trains, the price of a 1st Class ticket includes a meal. 1st class is generally quieter with more business and adult passengers. 2nd Class accommodations are less expensive, but not as spacious, as there are more seats per car. For trips over 2 hours we recommend that you book 1st class.
- A. Yes, you’ll need to reserve your place on AVE trains like in most high speed trains in Europe.
- A. The AVE offers 2 first class options they are called Club class and Preferente class. Club class on the AVE offers access to the AVE lounges at the rail stations, large comfortable reclining seats, a selection of video and audio programs at your seat, and friendly staff serves you drinks and light snacks at your seat. This class of service offers tables for each seat. Preferente class on the AVE offers access to the AVE lounges at the rail stations, large comfortable reclining seats, a selection of video and audio programs at your seat, and friendly staff serves you drinks and light snacks at your seat. Tourist class (2nd Class) on the AVE offers generous legroom, a selection of video and audio programs at your seat and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. Toilets are easily accessible on all the trains and are usually marked with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each train car (also known as a coach), and will include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
- A. Check-in is usually open 30 minutes before AVE train leaves and is closed 2 minutes before departure. Also, bear in mind that ticket control and passport checks will occur before boarding AVE Trains. For travellers carrying Eurail Pass including Spain – just remember that you need to validate your pass prior to boarding AVE trains and get a reservation.
- A. - Business class offers the highest class of service in trains. It will include 1st seats, meals , access to lounges, and no restrictions on being exchanged. Flexi First class offers on day train 1st class seat , and are the most exchangeable. Night trains will offer first class couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers and are exchangeable. Meal service may be available for purchase. Best Price First class day trains will also offer 1st class seats with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Meal service may be available for purchase. Night trains will offer first class couchette or sleepers and lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Flexi Second day trains will offer 2nd class seats that are exchangeable. Night trains offer lower comfort couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers and are exchangeable. Best Price Second day trains will offer 2nd class seats with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Night trains offer lower comfort couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Super Saver class is available on night train only and will offer reclingin seats with with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions.
- A. No you can’t. You need to buy your Swiss pass before coming to Europe.
Q. How do I file a request to receive reimbursement through the Rail Protection Plan if there has been loss or theft ?A. Pass/ticket holders must file a police report within twenty-four (24) hours of the incident. Pass/ticket holders may purchase a replacement rail pass or rail tickets in order to continue with his/her travel plans. Upon return to your country, pass/tickets holder must submit a request to Rail Europe within thirty (30) days including a police report, replacement passes or tickets purchased abroad, airline tickets to/from Europe. A brief explanation of the situation is also necessary to better evaluate the traveler request form.
answered | Posted by rodney b. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/10/2016
answered | Posted by Shelley W. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/09/2016
answered | Posted by Faye O. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/07/2016
answered | Posted by Sonja M. | Comments 0 | Created: 11/07/2016
answered | Posted by Kelli L. | Comments 0 | Created: 17/05/2016
Reviews & ratings Italian trains: Frecciargento
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
- "City to city convenience" William Barton b. 18/11/2016
Excellent service and fast trip. We booked and paid in advice for our trip which proved to be very convenient. Value for money Convenience
- "Excellent Trip" Carmel m. 06/11/2016
No complaints whatsoever. Service good, comfortable seats and train on time. Value for money Convenience
- "Only One a Day" Gregory m. 02/11/2016
This service, the Flecciargento from Rome airport to Padua, Florence, Bologna and Venice only runs once a day in each direction, as far as I know. It saves a lot of mucking about with changing trains Value for money Convenience
- "Venezia to Roma" John c. 26/10/2016
Always a pleasure to travel by train in Italy. Comfortable, clean and the convenience of snacks. Value for money Convenience
- "Easy travel" James m. 18/10/2016
Our family of 5 travelled from Roma to Firenze. We had booked seats and it was convenient to travel without needing to print tickets. Train was punctual, clean and comfortable. Would use this service again. Value for money Convenience
- "Terrible Journey" . 17/10/2016
This trip was terrible, probably the worst we've experienced including Indian 4th Class. The train arrived at Firenze 30 minutes late. At Rome Termini there was a delay of around 25 minutes, then a message (in Italian only) that the last leg to Fiumicino was 'cancelled'. No help or advice was given to the passengers going to the airport. Many of us were able to cram on to a later train to the airport, and the situation on this overcrowded train was chaotic with people and luggage jammed into every centimetre of space. This train also stalled for around half and hour, and many passengers missed their flights. A terrible experience!
- "Venice - Rome" Peter b. 15/10/2016
A very comfortable, convenient trip. Train was on time. However waiting for the train meant a lot of standing around….there should be a designated seating/waiting area for train travellers. Value for money Convenience
- "Euro rail" Debra b. 09/10/2016
pleasantly surprised with the train travel. Very comfortable and clean train. Value for money Convenience
- "Efficient Travel" Vanessa s. 08/10/2016
Very good way to travel in Italy. Reliable and on time. Enjoyed complimentary snack. Dreaded to use the toilet, needs to be cleaned more regularly. Would have liked the option to choose seats. Found booking online a little frustrating, couldn't choose seats to be with friends. Value for money Convenience
- "Ease and speed" Jan b. 08/10/2016
Having handed back the car it was a relaxing way to travel to Roma. Whilst the train was full in our coach, we managed to find space for our luggage. The train departed and arrived on time and was most efficient. I would recommend this mode of transport. Value for money Convenience
- "EAVE THE LUGAGE AT HOME" Jeffery r. 05/10/2016
THE TRAIN IS FINE BUT LACKS SPACE FOR LUGAGE. Value for money Convenience
- "Good Decision " . 05/10/2016
- "Comfortable and affordable" Nicole a. 04/10/2016
The train ride was comfortable and was reasonably priced. We were in first class so also had some snacks provided. There was plenty of room and the train was on time. It was a fun experience. Value for money Convenience
- "A great way to travel" Peter l. 27/09/2016
The train service is very good. However the train had about 12 carriages and there was no early signage on the platform to indicate where each carriage would stop. We and many other people had to walk and run with luggage to get to the correct carriage. This is not good enough. Value for money Convenience
- "Frecciargento" . 27/09/2016
Due to a death in my family I was unable to make my journey. I attempted to cancel the booking using my mobile phone internet but was unable to access the website properly to do so. I cannot comment on the journey but was not happy with the access to communication with the company.