Italian trains: Frecciargento
Save AU$ 45 with code EUROPE1734 - book 3 months in advance
Save AU$ 30 with code EUROPE1718 - book 2 months in advance
Save AU$ 15 with code EUROPE1702 - book 1 month in advance
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High Speed trains
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
Italian trains: Frecciargento
Frecciargento, high speed trains serving all main cities like Rome, Venice, Reggio Calabria and more.
Along with Frecciarossa and Frecciabianca, Frecciargento are long distance high speed trains connecting all major Italian cities. Frecciargento trains run on both traditional and high speed. The Italian trains, operated by Trenitalia, serve Rome and the major cities located in the north east and the south of Italy. Frecciargento trains travel at a speed of up to 250km/h.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Main routes||Travel time|
|Rome||Villa S Giovanni||04:55||AU$ 122|
|Rome||Reggio Di Calab V||05:12||AU$ 122|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian trains: Frecciargento tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Main railway stations like Venezia Mestre and Roma Termini, to name but a few, are served by the Frecciabianca trains.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Yes, you may travel as many times are you like between countries that are on your pass.
- A. Yes you can buy a German Rail Pass separately from your German Rail Pass. However, you will have to use it in complementary with your German Rail Pass. We strongly recommend that you buy your Extension together with your rail pass, so as to make sure that you are going to receive them at the same time.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer a full sit-down restaurant service, with a regularly changing menu of traditional Italian dishes. The restaurant is very modern and elegant. Alternatively, Frecciarossa trains also feature a coffee bar service offering fresh sandwiches, snacks, desserts and hot and cold beverages.
- A. Austria, Benelux (includes Belgium, Luxembourg, Holland), Bulgaria/Serbia/Montenegro, Czech Republic, Croatia/Slovenia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
- A. Each passenger is allowed 2 bags/suitcases plus 1 piece of hand luggage and every piece of luggage must be labelled. Luggage can be stored in the racks above your seat on ICE trains.
- A. Travel from London - Paris/Brussels and most of the train stations in between these 2 routes. For more detailed information on how to use a Eurostar self service kiosk review: How do I retrieve my e-tickets at Eurostar train stations ?
- A. To begin using your pass, go to the ticket window at the rail station before boarding your first train and have a railroad official enter the first and last day of the validity on your pass. The railroad official will also stamp your pass and you will have to show your passport.
- A. With a Eurail Italy pass, you can get free and discounted ferry crossings, as well as other great offers in museums and monuments.
- A. Most cites with airports are easily accessible by public transportation (Train, Bus, Subway or Taxi). The following airports listed have access to the downtown train stations: Amsterdam Schiphol, Athens, Barcelona, Berlin Schoenefeld, Birmingham, Brussels National, Cologne, Copenhagen, Dresden, Duesseldorf, Frankfurt, Geneva-Cointrin, Glasgow, Graz, Hannover, Krakow, Leipzig, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, London Stanstead, Madrid, Malaga, Manchester, Munich, Milan Malpensa, Newcastle, Nice, Nuremberg, Oslo, Palermo, Paris Charles de Gaulle, Pisa, Porto, Rome Fiumicino, Southampton, Stockholm, Stuttgart , Torino, Tronheim, Valencia, Vienna , and Zurich.
- A. Lyria trains offer two different classes of travel. In First class, a delicious cold at-seat meal is offered to you, no matter what time you travel. A large selection of Swiss, French, international magazines and newspapers are also available for your perusal. Onboard taxi booking service is also available from Monday to Friday. Comfortable seats will welcome you in Second class where you can also enjoy the convenience of a bar-buffet car.
answered | Posted by rodney b. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/10/2016
answered | Posted by Shelley W. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/09/2016
answered | Posted by Faye O. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/07/2016
answered | Posted by Sonja M. | Comments 0 | Created: 11/07/2016
answered | Posted by Kelli L. | Comments 0 | Created: 17/05/2016
Reviews & ratings Italian trains: Frecciargento
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
- "Venice to Florence" Claire c. 07/01/2017
Love train travel, it's always a lovely adventure. Clean trains, lovely staff and everything running perfectlybto time.. Value for money Convenience
- "City to city convenience" William Barton b. 18/11/2016
Excellent service and fast trip. We booked and paid in advice for our trip which proved to be very convenient. Value for money Convenience
- "Excellent Trip" Carmel m. 06/11/2016
No complaints whatsoever. Service good, comfortable seats and train on time. Value for money Convenience
- "Only One a Day" Gregory m. 02/11/2016
This service, the Flecciargento from Rome airport to Padua, Florence, Bologna and Venice only runs once a day in each direction, as far as I know. It saves a lot of mucking about with changing trains Value for money Convenience
- "Venezia to Roma" John c. 26/10/2016
Always a pleasure to travel by train in Italy. Comfortable, clean and the convenience of snacks. Value for money Convenience
- "Easy travel" James m. 18/10/2016
Our family of 5 travelled from Roma to Firenze. We had booked seats and it was convenient to travel without needing to print tickets. Train was punctual, clean and comfortable. Would use this service again. Value for money Convenience
- "Terrible Journey" . 17/10/2016
This trip was terrible, probably the worst we've experienced including Indian 4th Class. The train arrived at Firenze 30 minutes late. At Rome Termini there was a delay of around 25 minutes, then a message (in Italian only) that the last leg to Fiumicino was 'cancelled'. No help or advice was given to the passengers going to the airport. Many of us were able to cram on to a later train to the airport, and the situation on this overcrowded train was chaotic with people and luggage jammed into every centimetre of space. This train also stalled for around half and hour, and many passengers missed their flights. A terrible experience!
- "Venice - Rome" Peter b. 15/10/2016
A very comfortable, convenient trip. Train was on time. However waiting for the train meant a lot of standing around….there should be a designated seating/waiting area for train travellers. Value for money Convenience
- "Euro rail" Debra b. 09/10/2016
pleasantly surprised with the train travel. Very comfortable and clean train. Value for money Convenience
- "Efficient Travel" Vanessa s. 08/10/2016
Very good way to travel in Italy. Reliable and on time. Enjoyed complimentary snack. Dreaded to use the toilet, needs to be cleaned more regularly. Would have liked the option to choose seats. Found booking online a little frustrating, couldn't choose seats to be with friends. Value for money Convenience
- "Ease and speed" Jan b. 08/10/2016
Having handed back the car it was a relaxing way to travel to Roma. Whilst the train was full in our coach, we managed to find space for our luggage. The train departed and arrived on time and was most efficient. I would recommend this mode of transport. Value for money Convenience
- "EAVE THE LUGAGE AT HOME" Jeffery r. 05/10/2016
THE TRAIN IS FINE BUT LACKS SPACE FOR LUGAGE. Value for money Convenience
- "Good Decision " . 05/10/2016
- "Comfortable and affordable" Nicole a. 04/10/2016
The train ride was comfortable and was reasonably priced. We were in first class so also had some snacks provided. There was plenty of room and the train was on time. It was a fun experience. Value for money Convenience
- "A great way to travel" Peter l. 27/09/2016
The train service is very good. However the train had about 12 carriages and there was no early signage on the platform to indicate where each carriage would stop. We and many other people had to walk and run with luggage to get to the correct carriage. This is not good enough. Value for money Convenience