Wilhem Tell Express
- Lucerne - Locarno: 05:01
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- Scenic trains
- Unique travel experience
- Panoramic route
Wilhem Tell Express
Wilhem Tell Express, the unique steamer on Lake Lucerne and panoramic train serving Lucerne and Lugano.
This is a unique opportunity to enjoy a cruise on a paddle steamer on Lake Lucerne followed by a train journey through the Swiss mountains. Passengers will enjoy a luxury meal and views of the mountains surrounding the clear lake water. After the paddle steamer experience passengers will board the William Tell Express train and continue on their journey in first or second class air-conditioned coaches. Take the historic paddle steamer from Luzern pier opposite the train station. Enjoy a three-hour cruise on Lake Lucerne with a gourmet meal. Afterwards, at Flüelen you will board the panoramic William Tell Express train, which will take you on a wonderful journey through charming mountain villages to Locarno. From Lucerne, on-board the nostalgic steamboat, you will be able to enjoy a gourmet meal in the first class restaurant with a perfect view over the quiet bays and picturesque villages. In Flüelen, travellers are invited to board the air-conditioned, first-class panorama cars of the Swiss Federal Railways. The train which passes through charming villages and over stunning bridges will take you to Lugano or Locarno.
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Wilhem Tell Express tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Departure from Luzern SGV is at pier across from train station.There is no check in prior to boarding the Wilhelm Tell Express. However ticket control may take place on board.
|First class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||First class||Second class|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Panoramic cars Large windows offering panoramic view of the stunning landscape. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
answered | Posted by Margaret Q. | Comments 12 | Created: 05/09/2015
I want to book the willhelm tell express from lucerne to lugano on 8th october. i cannot find an option to book this train using (...)I want to book the Willhelm Tell express from Lucerne to Lugano on 8th October. I've tried searching in your system for timetables (...)
answered | Posted by Matthew D. | Comments 2 | Created: 16/08/2015
answered | Posted by Mercedita C. | Comments 0 | Created: 28/05/2015
answered | Posted by Suzanne C. | Comments 0 | Created: 02/04/2015
answered | Posted by Sandi S. | Comments 0 | Created: 16/03/2015
Reviews & ratings Wilhem Tell Express
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
No reviews for this product yet