Swedish Day trains
- Copenhagen - Stockholm: 05:03
- Book early, save up to 30%
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- High speed trains
Swedish Day trains
Swedish day trains, high speed link between Stockholm, Copenhagen, Göteborg, Malmö and Oslo.
Sweden is a beautiful country stretching right up to Lapland and the North Pole and there is no better way to see it than by train. The X2000 and X3000 are Sweden’s high-speed trains, travelling at a speed of up to 200km/h using state-of-the-art tilting technology to help them negotiate bends without slowing down. The X2000 and X3000 use the capital Stockholm as their hub to make their smooth silent journeys across the country day and night. The high speed trains also operate on the Stockholm to Copenhagen (Denmark) route.
Popular journeys and travel durations
The X2000 and X3000 trains have their hub in Stockholm and travel all over the country but the main destinations cities include Gothenburg and Copenhagen.
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Swedish Day trains tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
For extra comfort before the travel , 1st class passengers can relax in the lounges at Stockholm Central station and Gothenburg Central Station. All you need is a 1st class ticket for the X2000 and X3000.
OnboardThere are two classes on board the X2000 and X3000. Both of them propose a bistro car for refreshments and hot and cold meals. There is also a family car with a play area to keep the children happy. Take a look at the table below to help you make your decision. The high speed trains have comfortable seats, wifi access, in-seat sockets, and friendly helpful staff. There is also a family car with a play area to keep the children happy.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board certain TGVs. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|2-bed exclusive cabin Ideal for more intimacy and more space. small>|
|2, 3 or 6-bed cabin Wide range of choice to travel comfortably. small>|
|Concessions Free coffee and fruits are offered to passengers. small>|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Bathroom Freshen up or use the WC for more convenience. small>|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Reservation is compulsory on TGV and if you are a pass holder, you still need to buy a TGV ticket. Among the passes available on TGV, you’ll be able to choose between Eurail Global, Eurail Select Pass or Eurail two country pass including France. France Rail Pass and France Rail Pass Premium are also among the possible options and offer last minute Easy Access reservations.
- A. Not presently but as soon as European railways introduce e-tickets, we will be able to offer them.
- A. Reservation is only compulsory for ICE Trains called ICE Sprinter as these trains have special services such as a meal and newspaper. Here is the list: Hamburg HBF - Frankfurt HBF, Frankfurt HBF- Berlin HBF, Berlin HBF - Frankfurt HBF, Hamburg HBF – Koeln HBF and Koeln HBF – Hamburg HBF. Passes valid to travel within Germany cover Eurail Global and Select Passes including Germany / Eurail Germany-Benelux Pass / Eurail Germany-Denmark Pass / Eurail Germany-France / German Rail Pass.
- A. First class on the TGV Medoffers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the TGV Med offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. Gatwick Express arrives in London's Victoria Station.
- A. Paper tickets will be sent to you by postal mail prior to departure.
- A. A Eurail Select Pass offers you unlimited travel on the national rail networks of any 3, 4 or 5 adjoining countries that are connected by train or ship. These countries are to be chosen from a list of 24 participating countries.
- A. We are unable to ship tickets purchased on Raileurope outside of your country of residence. We recommend that you have all travel documents in hand before departing from your country of residence.
- A. A railpass month is counted as a calendar month. For example, a pass that begins on July 15th will expire at midnight on August 14th.
- A. No, but we do offer discounted rate for many of our tickets and passes for Youth passengers. To qualify for a Youth Pass, you must be under age 26 on the first day of travel.
answered | Posted by Sue T. | Comments 0 | Created: 12/01/2015
answered | Posted by Karl L. | Comments 0 | Created: 13/09/2014
answered | Posted by Leong O. | Comments 0 | Created: 09/07/2014
answered | Posted by alan m. | Comments 0 | Created: 08/07/2014
answered | Posted by Roz O. | Comments 2 | Created: 09/06/2014
Reviews & ratings Swedish Day trains
Overall rating (23)
Overall appreciationExcellent 26% Very good 36% Average 23% Poor 4% Terrible 10%
- "in process of a refund claim" Bradley q. 23/10/2016
In process of refund claim, Unhappy with the support and service given by raileurope.com.au. There is no official pre-sales support inside the raileurope.com.au, only FAQ. Value for money Convenience
- "Great trip" Janice w. 28/09/2016
Efficient, comfortable Appreciated coffee,yummy muffins in First Cass Problem with a high pitched noise and staff vey conscientious and quick about dealing with it ( happened each tie after we stopped) Great scenery Value for money Convenience
- "Day trip to Stockholm" Antonio b. 19/09/2016
Recently visited relatives in Sweden. Decided on a day trip to Stockholm from Gothenburg, return. Option to fly, drive or train. Chose train for convenience, arrival to central Stockholm, easy access to all that I wanted to see and do. No fuss with having to travel from airport to city... Value for money Convenience
- "Oslo to Stockholm" Brian g. 12/09/2016
The service on the train was great. The ride was smooth and comfortable. We traveled first class. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable Train Ride" Paul w. 08/09/2016
Train was on time departing Oslo and arriving Stockholm. The train was a bit older than we would have expected but was still comfortable and clean. Complimentary coffee/tea together with mandarins and mini cupcakes a pleasant customer service. Had to sit backwards and would definitely have preferred forward facing seats. Staff were accommodating. All in all, a comfortable/on time journey. Value for money Convenience
- "Trip to Flam, Norway." . 04/09/2016
Great trip, good, seats and food.
- "Helpful staff and very comfort" Amanda h. 15/08/2016
It is always reassuring to have booked seat numbers as everyone rushes for a train, which this leg of our journey had. The train was clean and comfortable even in coach class and the staff at the station very helpful. Going across the Oresund Bridge was disappointing as really couldn't see much. Whilst waiting for the train the platform certainly wouldn't be a place I would want to be in rain or winter as there is no cover. Value for money Convenience
- "Copenhagen to Stockholm" Kevin a. 06/08/2016
Good and comfortable. Unfortunately my husband left his AUSSIe Akubra HAT on the train....Did you find it??? Was not as fast as I expected but an easy way to travel. Value for money Convenience
- "the Trans-sweden" Norman h. 01/08/2016
We had to book first class, as the second class was full, but the extra comfort and breakfast, fruit and muffins all journey , and lots of leg room made it a very pleasant trip. Not a lot to see scenically - rolling farmlands, small villages etc. Value for money Convenience
- "Difficult to find Platform 26" Laura g. 03/07/2016
We followed the sign posts at Copenhagen train station to where we saw it marked at platform 26. We were early and hung around but couldn't see many people - at a point I asked someone and realised you have to go to the end of the platform, catch a lift up and then down and then you are on platform 26, we had to run and almost missed the train which was a bad start. It's quite a nice trip to Stockholm, there's nothing that stands out about the train, not particularly fast or comfortable, just an average journey. Value for money Convenience
- "Copenhagen to Stockholm" John h. 14/06/2016
We recently travelled by train from Copenhagen to Stockholm direct on a fast speed SJ2000 train. The train journey was great and lived up to expectations provided through other online reviews. Both railway stations were pleasant experiences, clean and well looked after, but beware - you need money for the toilets and it is reasonably expensive. The first class experience on the train was good but luggage capacity is limited. Lifting a 20kg suitcase overhead is difficult for aged and short people. The on-board attendant was polite, courteous and helpful. Finding the correct platform at Copenhagen was not well sign posted and warnings need to visible about the time required to walk from platform 5 to platform 28. You need ten minutes to walk the distance and negotiate the negotiate the lifts to cross tracks. Value for money Convenience
- "Scandinavia holiday" Alan c. 12/05/2016
The trip was fast, pleasant and relaxing and everything you would normally expect of European trains, which we found to be clean and departed and arrived on time. We would certainly recommend this trip to friends and family. Value for money Convenience
- "Swedish high speed train" Raymond r. 10/07/2015
Quite comfortable with good WiFi. Arrived quite relaxed in Copenhagen. Value for money Convenience
- "Stockholm to Goteborg smoothly" Bruce c. 08/07/2015
Enjoyed a comfortable and smooth journey between these major cities, with the convenience of short travel times between rail stations and hotels. Avoided delays faced on air travel. on board, staff friendly, helpful and committed to making the trip enjoyable. Food and drinks provided on first class added to the comfort and convenience. Value for money Convenience
- "Stockholm to Copenhagen" Phoebe Helen w. 01/07/2015
We were very happy that we travelled 1st class and we enjoyed the trip through the Swedish countryside. The only downside was that the train stopped out of the station in Copenhagen and the lift wasn't working so we had to lug our suitcases up a flight of stairs. The complimentary SIM card was gratefully received, thank you. Value for money Convenience