Swedish Day trains
Save AU$ 45 with code EUROPE1734 - book 3 months in advance
Save AU$ 30 with code EUROPE1718 - book 2 months in advance
Save AU$ 15 with code EUROPE1702 - book 1 month in advance
- Copenhagen - Stockholm: 05:03
- Book early, save up to 30%
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- High Speed trains
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
Swedish Day trains
Swedish day trains, high speed link between Stockholm, Copenhagen, Göteborg, Malmö and Oslo.
Sweden is a beautiful country stretching right up to Lapland and the North Pole and there is no better way to see it than by train. The X2000 and X3000 are Sweden’s high-speed trains, travelling at a speed of up to 200km/h using state-of-the-art tilting technology to help them negotiate bends without slowing down. The X2000 and X3000 use the capital Stockholm as their hub to make their smooth silent journeys across the country day and night. The high speed trains also operate on the Stockholm to Copenhagen (Denmark) route.
Popular journeys and travel durations
The X2000 and X3000 trains have their hub in Stockholm and travel all over the country but the main destinations cities include Gothenburg and Copenhagen.
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Swedish Day trains tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
For extra comfort before the travel , 1st class passengers can relax in the lounges at Stockholm Central station and Gothenburg Central Station. All you need is a 1st class ticket for the X2000 and X3000.
OnboardThere are two classes on board the X2000 and X3000. Both of them propose a bistro car for refreshments and hot and cold meals. There is also a family car with a play area to keep the children happy. Take a look at the table below to help you make your decision. The high speed trains have comfortable seats, wifi access, in-seat sockets, and friendly helpful staff. There is also a family car with a play area to keep the children happy.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board certain TGVs. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|2-bed exclusive cabin Ideal for more intimacy and more space. small>|
|2, 3 or 6-bed cabin Wide range of choice to travel comfortably. small>|
|Concessions Free coffee and fruits are offered to passengers. small>|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Bathroom Freshen up or use the WC for more convenience. small>|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Yes. If you’re on Turista class, you could buy some nice snacks and beverages to a bar buffet car. On Ave First class, a catering service will deliver you some meal and beverages directly to your seat. You could also get access to an A la Carte service at seat and even a bar service.
- A. A Swiss pass enables you to travel free of charge in the Swiss public transport services whereas a "point to point" ticket is a rail ticket valid on a specific route, between two city stations.
- A. Each passenger is allowed 2 bags/suitcases plus 1 piece of hand luggage and every piece of luggage must be labelled. Luggage can be stored in the racks above your seat on ICE trains.
- A. A youth pass is valid for any traveler who is 27 years of age and younger.
- A. Toilets are easily accessible on all the trains and are usually marked with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each train car (also known as a coach), and will include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
- A. A consecutive-day pass provides unlimited rail travel on any day or all days for the duration of the pass. A flexipass is valid for a specific number of days within a longer period.
- A. Sleeping accommodations vary according to the train and route. The most common compartments are Singles, Doubles and Couchettes. Some offer T3, T4, and Deluxe sleepers.
- A. A travel day lasts 24 hours, in which you can take as many trains or public transport services as you wish.
- A. Passes are non-transferable as travelers name appears on the Railpass, and are valid for 6 months from date of purchase, which offers you the opportunity to reschedule your trip.
- A. The best-selling Eurail Global Pass offers unlimited, 1st Class train travel in 24 European countries: Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Bulgarian Denmark, Finland, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, France, Ireland, Italy, Hungary, Netherlands, Norway, Luxembourg, Romania, Slovenia, Portugal, Slovakia, Switzerland, Spain, Sweden and Turkey. Choices range from 15 consecutive days to 3 months of travel or 10 and 15 flexible days within a 2-month time period, plus money-saving Eurail Global Pass bonuses. The Eurail Select Pass provides unlimited train travel for the duration you select in your choice of any 3, 4 or 5 countries that border each other, as well as attractive bonuses. Select from Austria, Benelux (Belgium, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands), Bulgaria/Serbia/Montenegro, Croatia/Slovenia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey.
answered | Posted by Sue T. | Comments 0 | Created: 12/01/2015
answered | Posted by Karl L. | Comments 0 | Created: 13/09/2014
answered | Posted by Leong O. | Comments 0 | Created: 09/07/2014
answered | Posted by alan m. | Comments 0 | Created: 08/07/2014
answered | Posted by Roz O. | Comments 2 | Created: 09/06/2014
Reviews & ratings Swedish Day trains
Overall rating (23)
Overall appreciationExcellent 26% Very good 36% Average 23% Poor 4% Terrible 10%
- "Cross country travel" Iromi s. 24/11/2016
Crossing Europe by train was the best idea. The most frustrating thing about air travel is all the security check points that add hours to the journey. We had a seamless trip from Copenhagen to Linkoping in Sweden. The train also brings you to the centre of the city which is far more convenient than flying. Highly recommended! Value for money Convenience
- "Scandinavian train ride" John b. 24/10/2016
Recently travelled Stockholm to Copenhagen by train. Second class was really comfortable and we never felt Ike an upgrade would have justified the cost. Train was really smooth and seats were comfortable. Great to relax and take in the view without all the hassles associated with air flight, such getting to airport, early check in etc. Free WiFi would have been nice - especially as my children currently traveling on much cheaper have it. Value for money Convenience
- "in process of a refund claim" Bradley q. 23/10/2016
In process of refund claim, Unhappy with the support and service given by raileurope.com.au. There is no official pre-sales support inside the raileurope.com.au, only FAQ. Value for money Convenience
- "Great trip" Janice w. 28/09/2016
Efficient, comfortable Appreciated coffee,yummy muffins in First Cass Problem with a high pitched noise and staff vey conscientious and quick about dealing with it ( happened each tie after we stopped) Great scenery Value for money Convenience
- "Day trip to Stockholm" Antonio b. 19/09/2016
Recently visited relatives in Sweden. Decided on a day trip to Stockholm from Gothenburg, return. Option to fly, drive or train. Chose train for convenience, arrival to central Stockholm, easy access to all that I wanted to see and do. No fuss with having to travel from airport to city... Value for money Convenience
- "Oslo to Stockholm" Brian g. 12/09/2016
The service on the train was great. The ride was smooth and comfortable. We traveled first class. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable Train Ride" Paul w. 08/09/2016
Train was on time departing Oslo and arriving Stockholm. The train was a bit older than we would have expected but was still comfortable and clean. Complimentary coffee/tea together with mandarins and mini cupcakes a pleasant customer service. Had to sit backwards and would definitely have preferred forward facing seats. Staff were accommodating. All in all, a comfortable/on time journey. Value for money Convenience
- "Trip to Flam, Norway." . 04/09/2016
Great trip, good, seats and food.
- "Helpful staff and very comfort" Amanda h. 15/08/2016
It is always reassuring to have booked seat numbers as everyone rushes for a train, which this leg of our journey had. The train was clean and comfortable even in coach class and the staff at the station very helpful. Going across the Oresund Bridge was disappointing as really couldn't see much. Whilst waiting for the train the platform certainly wouldn't be a place I would want to be in rain or winter as there is no cover. Value for money Convenience
- "Copenhagen to Stockholm" Kevin a. 06/08/2016
Good and comfortable. Unfortunately my husband left his AUSSIe Akubra HAT on the train....Did you find it??? Was not as fast as I expected but an easy way to travel. Value for money Convenience
- "the Trans-sweden" Norman h. 01/08/2016
We had to book first class, as the second class was full, but the extra comfort and breakfast, fruit and muffins all journey , and lots of leg room made it a very pleasant trip. Not a lot to see scenically - rolling farmlands, small villages etc. Value for money Convenience
- "Difficult to find Platform 26" Laura g. 03/07/2016
We followed the sign posts at Copenhagen train station to where we saw it marked at platform 26. We were early and hung around but couldn't see many people - at a point I asked someone and realised you have to go to the end of the platform, catch a lift up and then down and then you are on platform 26, we had to run and almost missed the train which was a bad start. It's quite a nice trip to Stockholm, there's nothing that stands out about the train, not particularly fast or comfortable, just an average journey. Value for money Convenience
- "Copenhagen to Stockholm" John h. 14/06/2016
We recently travelled by train from Copenhagen to Stockholm direct on a fast speed SJ2000 train. The train journey was great and lived up to expectations provided through other online reviews. Both railway stations were pleasant experiences, clean and well looked after, but beware - you need money for the toilets and it is reasonably expensive. The first class experience on the train was good but luggage capacity is limited. Lifting a 20kg suitcase overhead is difficult for aged and short people. The on-board attendant was polite, courteous and helpful. Finding the correct platform at Copenhagen was not well sign posted and warnings need to visible about the time required to walk from platform 5 to platform 28. You need ten minutes to walk the distance and negotiate the negotiate the lifts to cross tracks. Value for money Convenience
- "Scandinavia holiday" Alan c. 12/05/2016
The trip was fast, pleasant and relaxing and everything you would normally expect of European trains, which we found to be clean and departed and arrived on time. We would certainly recommend this trip to friends and family. Value for money Convenience
- "Swedish high speed train" Raymond r. 10/07/2015
Quite comfortable with good WiFi. Arrived quite relaxed in Copenhagen. Value for money Convenience