Save AU$ 45 with code EUROPE1734 - book 3 months in advance
Save AU$ 30 with code EUROPE1718 - book 2 months in advance
Save AU$ 15 with code EUROPE1702 - book 1 month in advance
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- Regional trains
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
TER are regional trains serving every major cities and small towns in France.
Regional trains are known as TER in France, although they are also referred to as local trains. Each region of France operates its own fleet of TER, which stands for Transport Express Régional in French. All trains are operated by the SNCF, the French railway company. TER are modern and comfortable trains, making it the most authentic way to travel from city to city without the need to rush.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Main routes||Travel time|
|Vitry Le Francois||Paris||01:51||AU$ 47|
|Paris||La Ferte-bernard||01:52||AU$ 40|
|Le Mans||Paris||02:17||AU$ 49|
|Chateau Thierry||Paris||00:51||AU$ 24|
|Paris||Bornel Belle Egli||00:36||AU$ 14|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TER tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Free placement
Experience the service
TER regional trains serve every train stations in all major cities and smaller towns in France.
|First class||Second class|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Ergonomic seats Cosy with more legroom, ergonomic seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Eurostar Business Premier passengers will be offered a 3-course meal with refreshments at seat meanwhile in Standard Premier, you will get a light and cold meal with refreshments at seat. A bar buffet car with a selection of food and beverages for purchase is also available on Standard class.
- A. 1st Class seats often recline, there are fewer seats per car, and there is more space for luggage. On some high-speed trains, the price of a 1st Class ticket includes a meal. 1st class is generally quieter with more business and adult passengers. 2nd Class accommodations are less expensive, but not as spacious, as there are more seats per car. For trips over 2 hours we recommend that you book 1st class.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding a Frecciarossa train. Though, ticket control and passport checks will occur on board Frecciarossa train.
- A. A "point to point ticket" is a rail ticket valid on a specific route, between two city stations whereas a Eurail Select Pass offers unlimited travel in 3 to 5 adjoining countries on a total list of 24 countries. The Eurail Select Pass allows you to save money if travelling mainly by train from one country to another.
- A. Breakfast is served before 11:00 a.m.; lunch is served between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00pm A snack is served between 2:00pm and 5:00pm Dinner is served after 5:00pm.
- A. It's easy! Use the self service kiosks at the rail station to retrieve your tickets in a few easy steps.
- A. A travel day lasts 24 hours, in which you can take as many trains or public transport services as you wish.
- A. On-board Eurostar, you are allowed two medium-sized cases (85cm at their longest length), and one piece of hand luggage per passenger. Any luggage over the allowance will be counted as excess luggage and will incur a fee. This will be arranged at the Eurostar terminal on your arrival.
- A. Gatwick and Heathrow Express trains run every 15 minutes.
- A. You can print your Thalys ticket directly from your printer at home or retrieve it from the self-service machines available in FRANCE ONLY before boarding your Thalys train.
answered | Posted by Cheryl C. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/02/2017
answered | Posted by Helen A. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/02/2017
Overnight train from amsterdam to zurich traveling with 2bicycles does the train have storage to carry the (...)We need to get from Amsterdam to Zurich,we have 2 bicycles which we have been travelling with.There is a overnight direct train (...)
answered | Posted by John D. | Comments 2 | Created: 16/02/2017
answered | Posted by Sarah R. | Comments 0 | Created: 13/02/2017
Your site states that the eurail global pass offers a 25% discount on rail travel between interlaken and murren however the rail (...)Hello, Your site states that the Eurail Global Pass offers a 25% discount on the rail travel between Interlaken and Murren In (...)
answered | Posted by Georgia W. | Comments 2 | Created: 03/02/2017
Reviews & ratings TER
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
- "Easy arrangements" Margaret k. 14/01/2017
Rail Europe website easy to use. Was a bit anxious that there was only 16 minutes break between connection ting train on different platform - made it by 2 minutes as first train was late - but made it! Would have preferred to have larger gap, but all worked out ok. Value for money Convenience
- "French regional train" . 11/01/2017
Paper ticket. Regional train a bit overcrowded because of holiday season. Pleasant enough otherwise.
- "Straightforward trip" . 11/01/2017
Easy booking but paper ticket issued in this instance. 2bd class train was comfortable with pleasant coastal views en route.
- "A short but memorable trip" Kenneth g. 31/12/2016
This was a short but important sector of a longer trip. We were completely satisfied. Value for money Convenience
- "Transfer" Desmond g. 14/12/2016
Comfortable and quick Value for money Convenience
- "Train" Michael t. 28/11/2016
Good reliable service. Value for money Convenience
- "Rail" Michael t. 20/11/2016
Great trip - easy travel centre to centre. Value for money Convenience
- "Narbonne to Carcassonne" Jane r. 03/11/2016
There was no lift at Narbonne Station which meant hauling a suitcase down a flight of steps and then up another flight to the platform for the onward rail journey. Also having done that I had to leave my cases in care of strangers to return to the ticket office to insert my ticket into the little yellow machine. Not terribly convenient. There was no signage in any language except French. Value for money Convenience
- "Brugge - Kortruk Train." Janis w. 02/11/2016
Straightforward, efficient way of travelling across the country. Value for money Convenience
- "Very useful" Paul j. 28/10/2016
Much better than driving to Paris . Easy access to taxi at Montparnasse Value for money Convenience
- "My First TER" Geoffrey h. 21/10/2016
The journey was great, unfortunately the train was late, so a group going on to St Jean Pied de Port arrived at Bayonne after the last train to St Jean, but a bus was provided, so all was well. Value for money Convenience
- "Easy trip to France" Laura m. 20/10/2016
This was the second leg of our trip to Lyon and it was an easy way to get to France from Milan. The train was on time and very comfortable. Value for money Convenience
- "Good Service" Ann h. 17/10/2016
Good service for a regional train, plenty of room and reasonably quiet Value for money Convenience
- "L’Oc Parfum" Raymond j. 14/10/2016
Swift and on time journey with comfort and quiet in carriage. Value for money Convenience
- "Travel in comfort and style" Peter h. 14/10/2016
The convenience and comfort of travelling by rail is amazing. Easy access to stations and clear information regarding trains, time and booking. Always centrally located. Trains are spacious in allocation of seating area and storage of luggage. Very clean and extremely helpful staff. Value for money Convenience