- Book up to 120 days in advance
- Regional trains
TER are regional trains serving every major cities and small towns in France.
Regional trains are known as TER in France, although they are also referred to as local trains. Each region of France operates its own fleet of TER, which stands for Transport Express Régional in French. All trains are operated by the SNCF, the French railway company. TER are modern and comfortable trains, making it the most authentic way to travel from city to city without the need to rush.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Main routes||Travel time|
|Chalons En Champagne||Paris||01:33||AU$ 42|
|La Ferte-bernard||Paris||01:52||AU$ 42|
|Paris||Orry La Ville Coy||00:17||AU$ 14|
|Nogent Le Rotrou||Paris||01:39||AU$ 37|
|Paris||Le Mans||02:17||AU$ 48|
|Chatel Censoir||Paris||02:19||AU$ 50|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TER tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Free placement
Experience the service
Before you board
TER regional trains serve every train stations in all major cities and smaller towns in France.
|First class||Second class|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Ergonomic seats Cosy with more legroom, ergonomic seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Reservation is compulsory on Italo. When you buy a ticket for Italo, the reservation is included. Please note that if have even if you have a Rail Pass which includes Italy, you need a separate ticket to travel on board the Italo. Passholder fares do not apply to Italo.
- A. Breakfast is served before 11:00 a.m.; lunch is served between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00pm A snack is served between 2:00pm and 5:00pm Dinner is served after 5:00pm.
- A. When travelling to Switzerland, or departing from this country, your ticket does not need to be punched. Ticket inspectors will check your ticket during your Lyria journey. You should be able to produce currently valid proof of eligibility for the fare you have chosen at any time.
- A. Eurostar is a reservation-only service and bookings can be taken up to 6 months in advance. Also bear in mind that Eurostar is not included in the Eurail pass or France Rail Pass program but you can still get a discount on Eurostar when buying a pass.
- A. You will be able to book your TGV tickets 90 days in advance.
- A. Each passenger is allowed 2 pieces of luggage and 1 carry-on bag.
Q. Is it possible to travel from Cologne to Brussels by ICE and back by Thalys with a German Rail Pass Extension coupon?A. You can only travel from Cologne to Brussels with ICE trains. The extension is not valid on the Thalys train. There are 4 daily ICE trains between Germany and Belgium.
- A. Most major train stations have lockers or luggage storage available at an additional cost. Make sure you have some change available if you are planning to use a locker. We have information about luggage storage on our train station information pages.
- A. You will be able to book a Thalys ticket 90 days in advance.
- A. We recommend that you choose the Rail Protection Plan when travelling in Europe. It provides a compensation in the case of loss or theft when you are in Europe. Conditions apply. Visit our Contact us section to get more information about the Rail Protection Plan. Please note that the Rail Protection Plan is non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
answered | Posted by Jonathon H. | Comments 0 | Created: 28/09/2016
Our 1st class eurail global pass no is 37130723. i am unable to book seats onlin - amsterdam-paris-santiago de (...)Our 1st class Eurail Global Pass No is 37130723. We wish to booking for Amsterdam-Paris-Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon-Madrid-Barcelona-
answered | Posted by Ramaswsamy N. | Comments 0 | Created: 29/08/2016
answered | Posted by John D. | Comments 1 | Created: 26/08/2016
answered | Posted by DENNIS T. | Comments 2 | Created: 03/08/2016
answered | Posted by Romeo C. | Comments 0 | Created: 27/07/2016
Reviews & ratings TER
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
- "Comfortable" Kenneth b. 28/09/2016
A quiet regional trip Value for money Convenience
- "Avignon TGV to Avignon Centre" Peter t. 28/09/2016
The Avignon TGV station did not have proper signage and we were unable to find the train to Avignon Centre so we caught a taxi
- "Train from Nice to Milan" Eunice p. 28/09/2016
Difficult to access platforms and boarding train with cases due to many steps. Value for money Convenience
- "Going backwards to go forwards" Neil m. 27/09/2016
Whilst on time and the coach was clean, it lacked the electronic add-ons that would have assisted an international traveller some piece of mind, ie., no up-coming destination monitor to indicate which stations/gare were about to be arriving at. As the train stops so briefly at the various embarkation platforms, without prior warning it was difficult to determine when the disembarkation station had been reached. This caused me to disembark prematurely before my destination station , Antibes. (This old rolling stock was difficult to get heavy suitcases on board and off when disembarking) Value for money Convenience
- "Quick" Andrew l. 27/09/2016
Nice trip everything on time and very comfortable. Value for money Convenience
- "On time,smooth trip in comfort" Susanne b. 25/09/2016
I was new to trains in France and found the staff helpful,the trains were clean,comfortable seats, on time, with clear presence of the guard for personal security. I will travel on French trains again for my next trip in 2017. Merci Susanne from Australia Value for money Convenience
- "Day Trip to Normandy" Vincent h. 24/09/2016
The trip was uncomplicated and quite enjoyable as the countryside is very pleasant. In the last half of the journey there are many half timbered houses to see. St Lazare is better laid out than some other stations in Paris. Will take this trip for a fourth time sometime in the next few years Value for money Convenience
- "A pleasant short trip." Vincent h. 23/09/2016
We changed trains at Angers with minimum effort and some kind assistance from SNCF staff. A relatively slow trip on a smaller train. Great for seeing the countryside. Left and arrived on time. The lifts on platforms very convenient. Would do this trip again without hesitation. Value for money Convenience
- "Easy transfer" Anthony s. 22/09/2016
Even in second class, the only class available, travel was most pleasant as there was plenty of room for travellers. Still needs more room for luggage. Value for money Convenience
- "TER" Robert c. 20/09/2016
Not ALL possibilities for train times were available on the Australian website. We wanted to travel earlier in the day, and ended up jumping an earlier train. Value for money Convenience
- "TER Trip" Juanina g. 18/09/2016
Great trip. Thank you for your assistance in obtaining our rail tickets. So easy, no need for a travel agent. Everything went like clock work. Will definitely use RailEurope.com in the future. Value for money Convenience
- "Annecy" Janet s. 15/09/2016
No problems, with an easy change at Aix les Bains with clear details as to which platform we needed to go to. Value for money Convenience
- "nice trip" Maxine l. 14/09/2016
I found this a very nice trip but I do wish for once I could get it right and get a seat facing the engine Value for money Convenience
- "Bus" Jan b. 14/09/2016
No train available and arriving an hour late we were bused to Le Havre. Missed bus to Honfleur because of train delayed. We had to wait an hour and a half for the next local bus. Our hosts in Honfleur were grossly inconvenienced as were we. Value for money Convenience
- "Rail is the way to go !" Geoffrey m. 12/09/2016
Travelling by rail between cities in France is fast, convenient and economic. You can rely on the timetable and just relax until you reach your destination which is generally close to the center of the town or city. Value for money Convenience