Save AU$ 45 with code EUROPE1734 - book 3 months in advance
Save AU$ 30 with code EUROPE1718 - book 2 months in advance
Save AU$ 15 with code EUROPE1702 - book 1 month in advance
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- Regional trains
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
TER are regional trains serving every major cities and small towns in France.
Regional trains are known as TER in France, although they are also referred to as local trains. Each region of France operates its own fleet of TER, which stands for Transport Express Régional in French. All trains are operated by the SNCF, the French railway company. TER are modern and comfortable trains, making it the most authentic way to travel from city to city without the need to rush.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Main routes||Travel time|
|Paris||St Quentin||01:39||AU$ 37|
|Courville Sur Eur||Paris||01:13||AU$ 25|
|Val De Reuil||Paris||01:12||AU$ 27|
|Paris||Bar Le Duc||02:23||AU$ 54|
|Longueil Ste Mari||Paris||00:52||AU$ 19|
|Paris||Le Mans||02:17||AU$ 46|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TER tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Free placement
Experience the service
TER regional trains serve every train stations in all major cities and smaller towns in France.
|First class||Second class|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Ergonomic seats Cosy with more legroom, ergonomic seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. When travelling with Thalys, you can carry a maximum of two suitcases per paying passenger (the largest side must be equal to 85 centimetres) and one item of hand luggage.
- A. A "point to point ticket" is a rail ticket valid on a specific route, between two city stations whereas a Eurail Select Pass offers unlimited travel in 3 to 5 adjoining countries on a total list of 24 countries. The Eurail Select Pass allows you to save money if travelling mainly by train from one country to another.
- A. Yes, you may travel as many times are you like between countries that are on your pass.
- A. Depending on where you are traveling, there are two different rules regarding overnight travel. Some trains allow travelers departing after 7 PM to mark only the following day on the pass, meaning that only one travel day will be used. However, other trains will require that this travel use 2 days on your pass. It is recommended that you check the rules included in the ticket jacket included with your pass for more specific information.
- A. The best-selling Eurail Global Pass offers unlimited, 1st Class train travel in 24 European countries: Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Bulgarian Denmark, Finland, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, France, Ireland, Italy, Hungary, Netherlands, Norway, Luxembourg, Romania, Slovenia, Portugal, Slovakia, Switzerland, Spain, Sweden and Turkey. Choices range from 15 consecutive days to 3 months of travel or 10 and 15 flexible days within a 2-month time period, plus money-saving Eurail Global Pass bonuses. The Eurail Select Pass provides unlimited train travel for the duration you select in your choice of any 3, 4 or 5 countries that border each other, as well as attractive bonuses. Select from Austria, Benelux (Belgium, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands), Bulgaria/Serbia/Montenegro, Croatia/Slovenia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey.
- A. TGV trains offer a buffet car where you can find a vast choice of hot and cold meals. Drinks and snacks are also available at vending machines on all TGV trains. You are also allowed to bring your own food and drink onto the train.
- A. A rail day lasts from midnight to midnight. You can take as many trains as you wish during this time.
Q. Under train tickets and schedules, does the fare represent a per person rate or total for everyone?A. Our "Train Tickets and Schedules" section calculates the total cost of your outbound journey first, and it includes the cost for the number of people that you specify. Once you choose an outbound journey, the costs of the return journey appear.
- A. Sleeping accommodations vary according to the train and route. The most common compartments are Singles, Doubles and Couchettes. Some offer T3, T4, and Deluxe sleepers.
- A. Thalys trains offer two classes of travel: 1st class with Comfort 1 and 2nd class with Comfort 2. In Comfort 1, reclining seats will offer you a high level of comfort. Sockets for laptop or mobile phone are also available on some carriages as well as free newspapers on major routes. Wi-Fi is free in Thalys Comfort 1 and in 2nd class with flexible tickets. In 2nd class (Comfort 2), you will get access to a bar-buffet car offering food and refreshments for purchase. Wi-Fi is available at an additional cost in second class for more restrictive tickets.
answered | Posted by Kerrie S. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/03/2017
answered | Posted by Sampath R. | Comments 0 | Created: 12/03/2017
answered | Posted by Walter T. | Comments 0 | Created: 02/03/2017
answered | Posted by Cheryl C. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/02/2017
answered | Posted by Helen A. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/02/2017
Reviews & ratings TER
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
- "Easy arrangements" Margaret k. 14/01/2017
Rail Europe website easy to use. Was a bit anxious that there was only 16 minutes break between connection ting train on different platform - made it by 2 minutes as first train was late - but made it! Would have preferred to have larger gap, but all worked out ok. Value for money Convenience
- "French regional train" . 11/01/2017
Paper ticket. Regional train a bit overcrowded because of holiday season. Pleasant enough otherwise.
- "Straightforward trip" . 11/01/2017
Easy booking but paper ticket issued in this instance. 2bd class train was comfortable with pleasant coastal views en route.
- "A short but memorable trip" Kenneth g. 31/12/2016
This was a short but important sector of a longer trip. We were completely satisfied. Value for money Convenience
- "Transfer" Desmond g. 14/12/2016
Comfortable and quick Value for money Convenience
- "Train" Michael t. 28/11/2016
Good reliable service. Value for money Convenience
- "Rail" Michael t. 20/11/2016
Great trip - easy travel centre to centre. Value for money Convenience
- "Narbonne to Carcassonne" Jane r. 03/11/2016
There was no lift at Narbonne Station which meant hauling a suitcase down a flight of steps and then up another flight to the platform for the onward rail journey. Also having done that I had to leave my cases in care of strangers to return to the ticket office to insert my ticket into the little yellow machine. Not terribly convenient. There was no signage in any language except French. Value for money Convenience
- "Brugge - Kortruk Train." Janis w. 02/11/2016
Straightforward, efficient way of travelling across the country. Value for money Convenience
- "Very useful" Paul j. 28/10/2016
Much better than driving to Paris . Easy access to taxi at Montparnasse Value for money Convenience
- "My First TER" Geoffrey h. 21/10/2016
The journey was great, unfortunately the train was late, so a group going on to St Jean Pied de Port arrived at Bayonne after the last train to St Jean, but a bus was provided, so all was well. Value for money Convenience
- "Easy trip to France" Laura m. 20/10/2016
This was the second leg of our trip to Lyon and it was an easy way to get to France from Milan. The train was on time and very comfortable. Value for money Convenience
- "Good Service" Ann h. 17/10/2016
Good service for a regional train, plenty of room and reasonably quiet Value for money Convenience
- "L’Oc Parfum" Raymond j. 14/10/2016
Swift and on time journey with comfort and quiet in carriage. Value for money Convenience
- "Travel in comfort and style" Peter h. 14/10/2016
The convenience and comfort of travelling by rail is amazing. Easy access to stations and clear information regarding trains, time and booking. Always centrally located. Trains are spacious in allocation of seating area and storage of luggage. Very clean and extremely helpful staff. Value for money Convenience