- Book up to 120 days in advance
- Regional trains
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
TER are regional trains serving every major cities and small towns in France.
Regional trains are known as TER in France, although they are also referred to as local trains. Each region of France operates its own fleet of TER, which stands for Transport Express Régional in French. All trains are operated by the SNCF, the French railway company. TER are modern and comfortable trains, making it the most authentic way to travel from city to city without the need to rush.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Main routes||Travel time|
|Bar Le Duc||Paris||02:17||AU$ 55|
|Verneuil Sur Avre||Paris||01:09||AU$ 28|
|Chatel Censoir||Paris||02:19||AU$ 48|
|Villers St Paul||Paris||00:34||AU$ 15|
|Paris||St Dizier||02:10||AU$ 51|
|Paris||Chalons En Champagne||01:30||AU$ 40|
|Paris||Auxerre St Gervais||01:35||AU$ 42|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TER tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Free placement
Experience the service
TER regional trains serve every train stations in all major cities and smaller towns in France.
|First class||Second class|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Ergonomic seats Cosy with more legroom, ergonomic seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Yes, you may travel as many times as you like before Midnight on a travel day.
- A. First class on the TGV France-Italy offers large, comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the TGV France-Italy offers generous legroom and bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. First class on the Talgo 200 offers large, comfortable reclining seats, friendly staff to serve you drinks and light snacks at your seat and major routes have audio and video programs at your seat. Second class on the Talgo offers generous legroom, bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase and major routes have audio and video programs at your seat.
- A. You can use your Swiss pass in the whole Swiss Travel System: in all trains, Postbuses, ships, buses and even trams.
- A. Validation of your pass is having a Rail Official at the train station stamp your pass as valid.
- A. You will be offered the Print @ home ticket delivery to travel on board Italo trains in Italy. Receive your ticket reference in your inbox, print it and you are ready to travel. The Print @ home is more convenient and has no shipping fees.
- A. Not presently but as soon as European railways introduce e-tickets, we will be able to offer them.
- A. Yes. If you have a twin pass to travel in Germany, you need two German Rail Pass Extensions.
- A. We are unable to ship tickets purchased on Raileurope outside of your country of residence. We recommend that you have all travel documents in hand before departing from your country of residence.
- A. You can buy all your AVE tickets trains quickly and easily online, with no booking fee, and print them in the convenience of your home.
What train pass will i need for intra spain, paris to belgium to the netherlands and then intra netherlands?I want to travel through Spain - Barcelona to Valencia, Valencia to Madrid, Madrid to Seville. Then I want to travel from Paris, (...)
answered | Posted by fay p. | Comments 2 | Created: 09/04/2017
answered | Posted by Michael D. | Comments 0 | Created: 07/04/2017
answered | Posted by Martin N. | Comments 0 | Created: 27/03/2017
answered | Posted by Kerrie S. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/03/2017
answered | Posted by Sampath R. | Comments 0 | Created: 12/03/2017
Reviews & ratings TER
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
- "Easy arrangements" Margaret k. 14/01/2017
Rail Europe website easy to use. Was a bit anxious that there was only 16 minutes break between connection ting train on different platform - made it by 2 minutes as first train was late - but made it! Would have preferred to have larger gap, but all worked out ok. Value for money Convenience
- "French regional train" . 11/01/2017
Paper ticket. Regional train a bit overcrowded because of holiday season. Pleasant enough otherwise.
- "Straightforward trip" . 11/01/2017
Easy booking but paper ticket issued in this instance. 2bd class train was comfortable with pleasant coastal views en route.
- "A short but memorable trip" Kenneth g. 31/12/2016
This was a short but important sector of a longer trip. We were completely satisfied. Value for money Convenience
- "Transfer" Desmond g. 14/12/2016
Comfortable and quick Value for money Convenience
- "Train" Michael t. 28/11/2016
Good reliable service. Value for money Convenience
- "Rail" Michael t. 20/11/2016
Great trip - easy travel centre to centre. Value for money Convenience
- "Narbonne to Carcassonne" Jane r. 03/11/2016
There was no lift at Narbonne Station which meant hauling a suitcase down a flight of steps and then up another flight to the platform for the onward rail journey. Also having done that I had to leave my cases in care of strangers to return to the ticket office to insert my ticket into the little yellow machine. Not terribly convenient. There was no signage in any language except French. Value for money Convenience
- "Brugge - Kortruk Train." Janis w. 02/11/2016
Straightforward, efficient way of travelling across the country. Value for money Convenience
- "Very useful" Paul j. 28/10/2016
Much better than driving to Paris . Easy access to taxi at Montparnasse Value for money Convenience
- "My First TER" Geoffrey h. 21/10/2016
The journey was great, unfortunately the train was late, so a group going on to St Jean Pied de Port arrived at Bayonne after the last train to St Jean, but a bus was provided, so all was well. Value for money Convenience
- "Easy trip to France" Laura m. 20/10/2016
This was the second leg of our trip to Lyon and it was an easy way to get to France from Milan. The train was on time and very comfortable. Value for money Convenience
- "Good Service" Ann h. 17/10/2016
Good service for a regional train, plenty of room and reasonably quiet Value for money Convenience
- "L’Oc Parfum" Raymond j. 14/10/2016
Swift and on time journey with comfort and quiet in carriage. Value for money Convenience
- "Travel in comfort and style" Peter h. 14/10/2016
The convenience and comfort of travelling by rail is amazing. Easy access to stations and clear information regarding trains, time and booking. Always centrally located. Trains are spacious in allocation of seating area and storage of luggage. Very clean and extremely helpful staff. Value for money Convenience