Save AU$ 45 with code EUROPE1734 - book 3 months in advance
Save AU$ 30 with code EUROPE1718 - book 2 months in advance
Save AU$ 15 with code EUROPE1702 - book 1 month in advance
- Paris - Milan: 07:07
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High Speed trains
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
TGV France-Italy high speed trains are best for a multi-city visit. They link Paris to Turin or Milan.
Travellers exploring Europe can enjoy the cultural highlights of Paris and Milan with the TGV France Italy’s superb daily connection. Travelling at speeds of up to 270 km/h the TGV France Italy offers three daily round trips to link the two cities. Those wanting to take the trip at a more leisurely pace can also stop off along the way as the train visits 12 destinations en route. On-board there’s comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet which offers a wide range of refreshments and snacks.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations include Paris, Torino and Milan in France and Italy.
|Milan||St Jean De Maurienne||03:33||AU$ 24|
|Turin||St Jean De Maurienne||01:54||AU$ 54|
|Turin||Aix Les Bains||02:49||AU$ 86|
|Turin||Bourg En Bresse||03:55||AU$ 86|
|Turin||Lyon St Exupery Airport||03:47||AU$ 44|
|Lyon St Exupery Airport||Milan||05:02||AU$ 44|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TGV France-Italy tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Gare de Lyon in Paris, Torino Porta Susa and Milano Porta Garibaldi have excellent transport links.Train doors will be locked at least two minutes before departure so make sure you arrive in plenty of time. There is no check in, just have your tickets ready to show on the train.
OnboardOn board the TGV France-Italy trains travellers have the choice of first or second class service. Second class seating has the option of two adjoining seats with plenty of legroom. You can buy metro tickets for Milan and Paris on board the train at the buffet-bar.
|First class||Second class|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Subway tickets Tickets for Paris Metro and Milan Metro are on sale on board, allowing to save time and avoid confusion. small>|
|Kid’s facilities There is a nursery area on board for infants. small>|
|Seating/Club Space Travel in the intimacy of Club Space or seated next to your companion. small>|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
In 1st or 2nd class, always travel in comfort
- Onboard of TGV France-Italy trains, you can travel in 1st class which offers large and comfortable reclining seats. Travelling onboard of the TGV France-Italy in 2nd class also allows you to have generous legroom.
Time saver: Subway tickets are available for sale onboard of TGV France-Italy
- Plan your journey to save time and hassle. Tickets for subway rail services in Milan and Paris can now be purchased at the buffet-bar on all France-Italy TGVs.
Meals and Beverages
- Quench your thirst and sate your hunger! TGV France-Italy trains have a bar-buffet which offers a large selection of beverages and snacks, be it in 1st class or 2nd class. You can enjoy your drinks or snacks seated comfortably.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. First class on the TGV France-Italy offers large, comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the TGV France-Italy offers generous legroom and bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. Reservation is compulsory on Italo. When you buy a ticket for Italo, the reservation is included. Please note that if have even if you have a Rail Pass which includes Italy, you need a separate ticket to travel on board the Italo. Passholder fares do not apply to Italo.
- A. Simply enter 1 passenger on the request page. The results page will display 1-3 passenger rooms depending on what is available. When booking a room that has more than one bed, the compartment is shared.
- A. Our popular Swiss Card provides 1 roundtrip by rail from any Swiss airport or border to 1 single destination. It also includes a 50% discount on all Swiss railways, lake steamers, postal buses, and excursions to mountaintops.
Q. When I select the box that says I have a pass I am not receiving any schedules, but when I do not select the box that says I have a pass I receive schedules. Why can't I book a reservation with a Pass?A. The train you are requesting does not offer reservations. Please note the train time for your travel information. To board this train you will need your pass and can take any available seat.
- A. There are two options: Option 1 You can select a Single compartment for 1 of the passengers and select a Double compartment for the 2 remaining passengers. Option 2 You can select 3 Single compartments, each will need to be requested on the website separately having 1 passenger on each reservation.
- A. The term "Gender Specific" means that these compartments will not allow male and female passengers to travel in the same compartment. The exception to this condition is if you and your travel companion(s) intend on using all beds within the compartment. Trains in which this condition applies are: Elipsos, CNL, Lusitania, Spanish Night trains.
- A. All passengers with an AVE ticket may carry up to two pieces of hand luggage, for which they will be responsible and which they must store in the designated areas. The total weight limit is 20 kg and the combined dimensions (length + width + height) of each piece of luggage must not be more than 250 cm.
- A. Yes, you may need to make a reservation. All trains that travel internationally will require reservations. All night trains and high-speed trains will require reservations. Most trains in these countries will require reservations: France, Spain, and Italy.
- A. Yes, there is a catering service on board Italo trains. While there are 2 Area break with self-service vending machines, there are no bar/restaurant coaches. From the vending machines which are in coach 3 and 7, you can but hot and cold drinks as well as snacks. Passengers in Club and Prima class will be offered a catering service at an extra cost, which you must pay once on board. You can order the Italo breakfast, if you are travelling in the early morning between Milan and Rome.
answered | Posted by Liliya S. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/11/2016
answered | Posted by Gerhardus M. | Comments 0 | Created: 02/11/2016
answered | Posted by Bernard S. | Comments 2 | Created: 17/10/2016
answered | Posted by Thomas M. | Comments 0 | Created: 30/09/2016
answered | Posted by Shelley W. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/09/2016
Reviews & ratings TGV France-Italy
Overall rating (164)
Overall appreciationExcellent 38% Very good 34% Average 18% Poor 4% Terrible 6%
- "Comfortable and Relaxing trip" Alfons m. 12/01/2017
The TGV trip from Paris to Milan during the day was exceptional. The train carriage was clean, quiet and the scenery was spectacular! Definitely will include TGV in our next trip. Alfons Value for money Convenience
- "Trip good although delayed" William g. 07/11/2016
Apart from the significant delay due to signalling problems, the trip was very good. Plenty of space for us and our luggage! Comfortable and quiet. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable" Leo Michael s. 26/10/2016
We paid for first class and again we did not have the amenities that were listed in the paperwork that came with the tickets. Wi fi was not available and we had to use an adapter for the USB. A comfortable trip. Value for money Convenience
- "Paris to Rome, via Milan" Debra c. 25/10/2016
Comfortable and very scenic train journey. Pleasant staff and good selection of refreshments. Appreciated the in seat service of coffee and tea. Highly recommend to other travellers. Value for money Convenience
- "No better way to see Europe" David n. 25/10/2016
In Australia trains are slow, overpriced, and massively under utilised. If only they could learn from your example. Value for money Convenience
- "Hassle Free " Donald m. 22/10/2016
First time using rail around Europe and found it great. With booking online it was much easier and wuicker to board the train than purchasing at the station Value for money Convenience
- "Very enjoyable trip" Laura m. 20/10/2016
We had a great trip from Milan to Lyon via Chambery Challes. The trip was very comfortable and the scenery was spectacular. A very efficient means of travelling between countries. Value for money Convenience
- "CHAMBERY CHALLES - TORINO" David v. 07/10/2016
Comfortable. Quick. Beats driving. A Nice touch was the info people in CHAMBERY CHALLES who were very helpful and even handed out water to waiting passengers. Value for money Convenience
- "Turin to Modane" Janet s. 15/09/2016
Although the train was late in arriving, there were plenty of notices to let us know. Very smooth journey. Value for money Convenience
- "Paris to Torino" Kim w. 13/09/2016
Excellent train trip and very scenic Value for money Convenience
- "Holiday travel" Ross s. 13/09/2016
Our group were very happy with our first experience of European train travel. We had quite a bit of luggage, which we found hard to find enough storage space for. Comfort and service levels were great. Value for money Convenience
- "Paris to Torino" Peter n. 13/09/2016
Very interesting journey and great scenery. The train was very comfortable but we could not get much assistance at Torino Susa to go to Porto Nouvo. Value for money Convenience
- "Chambery to Milan" Noela s. 11/09/2016
Very good Value for money Convenience
- "Rail Europe - Montmelian" . 01/08/2016
A change of train made easy by the clear instructions and advice provided with the tickets.
- "Great trip" . 23/07/2016
We were unexpectedly pleased with our train trip from Milan to Paris It was NOT easy finding the platform. and had to ask other travellers where to find the train, however this was the only problem. The seats are comfortable, coffee tea and food at your service, place to put your luggage. Power points to charge computer etc Great scenery, we are glad to have used the train rather than to fly