- Paris - Milan: 07:07
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High Speed trains
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
TGV France-Italy high speed trains are best for a multi-city visit. They link Paris to Turin or Milan.
Travellers exploring Europe can enjoy the cultural highlights of Paris and Milan with the TGV France Italy’s superb daily connection. Travelling at speeds of up to 270 km/h the TGV France Italy offers three daily round trips to link the two cities. Those wanting to take the trip at a more leisurely pace can also stop off along the way as the train visits 12 destinations en route. On-board there’s comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet which offers a wide range of refreshments and snacks.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations include Paris, Torino and Milan in France and Italy.
|St Jean De Maurienne||Milan||03:27||AU$ 40|
|Turin||Aix Les Bains||02:49||AU$ 89|
|Turin||Bourg En Bresse||03:55||AU$ 89|
|St Jean De Maurienne||Turin||01:54||AU$ 40|
|Turin||Lyon St Exupery Airport||03:47||AU$ 45|
|Milan||Lyon St Exupery Airport||05:15||AU$ 45|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TGV France-Italy tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Gare de Lyon in Paris, Torino Porta Susa and Milano Porta Garibaldi have excellent transport links.Train doors will be locked at least two minutes before departure so make sure you arrive in plenty of time. There is no check in, just have your tickets ready to show on the train.
OnboardOn board the TGV France-Italy trains travellers have the choice of first or second class service. Second class seating has the option of two adjoining seats with plenty of legroom. You can buy metro tickets for Milan and Paris on board the train at the buffet-bar.
|First class||Second class|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Subway tickets Tickets for Paris Metro and Milan Metro are on sale on board, allowing to save time and avoid confusion. small>|
|Kid’s facilities There is a nursery area on board for infants. small>|
|Seating/Club Space Travel in the intimacy of Club Space or seated next to your companion. small>|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
In 1st or 2nd class, always travel in comfort
- Onboard of TGV France-Italy trains, you can travel in 1st class which offers large and comfortable reclining seats. Travelling onboard of the TGV France-Italy in 2nd class also allows you to have generous legroom.
Time saver: Subway tickets are available for sale onboard of TGV France-Italy
- Plan your journey to save time and hassle. Tickets for subway rail services in Milan and Paris can now be purchased at the buffet-bar on all France-Italy TGVs.
Meals and Beverages
- Quench your thirst and sate your hunger! TGV France-Italy trains have a bar-buffet which offers a large selection of beverages and snacks, be it in 1st class or 2nd class. You can enjoy your drinks or snacks seated comfortably.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Eurostar is a reservation-only service and bookings can be taken up to 6 months in advance. Also bear in mind that Eurostar is not included in the Eurail pass or France Rail Pass program but you can still get a discount on Eurostar when buying a pass.
- A. You can print your Thalys ticket directly from your printer at home or retrieve it from the self-service machines available in FRANCE ONLY before boarding your Thalys train.
- A. To begin using your pass, go to the ticket window at the rail station before boarding your first train and have a railroad official enter the first and last day of the validity on your pass. The railroad official will also stamp your pass and you will have to show your passport.
- A. Breakfast is served before 11:00 a.m.; lunch is served between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00pm A snack is served between 2:00pm and 5:00pm Dinner is served after 5:00pm.
- A. No, travel on Eurostar requires a separate ticket. However, many rail passes include discounted rates for the Eurostar called a Passholder fare. To see a list of passes that allow these fares select "details" when viewing fares with a pass.
- A. The AVE offers 2 first class options they are called Club class and Preferente class. Club class on the AVE offers access to the AVE lounges at the rail stations, large comfortable reclining seats, a selection of video and audio programs at your seat, and friendly staff serves you drinks and light snacks at your seat. This class of service offers tables for each seat. Preferente class on the AVE offers access to the AVE lounges at the rail stations, large comfortable reclining seats, a selection of video and audio programs at your seat, and friendly staff serves you drinks and light snacks at your seat. Tourist class (2nd Class) on the AVE offers generous legroom, a selection of video and audio programs at your seat and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. Travel from London - Paris/Brussels and most of the train stations in between these 2 routes. For more detailed information on how to use a Eurostar self service kiosk review: How do I retrieve my e-tickets at Eurostar train stations ?
- A. On-board Frecciarossa trains, the official luggage allowance is two large bags or suitcases and one piece of hand luggage. It’s enough to enjoy a very long trip and explore the richness of Italy.
- A. Showers facilities are generally not offered on trains in Europe.
- A. Many people take advantage of additional time they have in a city, then they board their overnight train. You depart from one city and arrive in your destination the next morning, refreshed and ready to start your day. It also saves you money that you may have spent on a hotel.
answered | Posted by Liliya S. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/11/2016
answered | Posted by Gerhardus M. | Comments 0 | Created: 02/11/2016
answered | Posted by Bernard S. | Comments 2 | Created: 17/10/2016
answered | Posted by Thomas M. | Comments 0 | Created: 30/09/2016
answered | Posted by Shelley W. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/09/2016
Reviews & ratings TGV France-Italy
Overall rating (164)
Overall appreciationExcellent 38% Very good 34% Average 18% Poor 4% Terrible 6%
- "Trip good although delayed" William g. 07/11/2016
Apart from the significant delay due to signalling problems, the trip was very good. Plenty of space for us and our luggage! Comfortable and quiet. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable" Leo Michael s. 26/10/2016
We paid for first class and again we did not have the amenities that were listed in the paperwork that came with the tickets. Wi fi was not available and we had to use an adapter for the USB. A comfortable trip. Value for money Convenience
- "Paris to Rome, via Milan" Debra c. 25/10/2016
Comfortable and very scenic train journey. Pleasant staff and good selection of refreshments. Appreciated the in seat service of coffee and tea. Highly recommend to other travellers. Value for money Convenience
- "No better way to see Europe" David n. 25/10/2016
In Australia trains are slow, overpriced, and massively under utilised. If only they could learn from your example. Value for money Convenience
- "Hassle Free " Donald m. 22/10/2016
First time using rail around Europe and found it great. With booking online it was much easier and wuicker to board the train than purchasing at the station Value for money Convenience
- "Very enjoyable trip" Laura m. 20/10/2016
We had a great trip from Milan to Lyon via Chambery Challes. The trip was very comfortable and the scenery was spectacular. A very efficient means of travelling between countries. Value for money Convenience
- "CHAMBERY CHALLES - TORINO" David v. 07/10/2016
Comfortable. Quick. Beats driving. A Nice touch was the info people in CHAMBERY CHALLES who were very helpful and even handed out water to waiting passengers. Value for money Convenience
- "Turin to Modane" Janet s. 15/09/2016
Although the train was late in arriving, there were plenty of notices to let us know. Very smooth journey. Value for money Convenience
- "Paris to Torino" Kim w. 13/09/2016
Excellent train trip and very scenic Value for money Convenience
- "Holiday travel" Ross s. 13/09/2016
Our group were very happy with our first experience of European train travel. We had quite a bit of luggage, which we found hard to find enough storage space for. Comfort and service levels were great. Value for money Convenience
- "Paris to Torino" Peter n. 13/09/2016
Very interesting journey and great scenery. The train was very comfortable but we could not get much assistance at Torino Susa to go to Porto Nouvo. Value for money Convenience
- "Chambery to Milan" Noela s. 11/09/2016
Very good Value for money Convenience
- "Rail Europe - Montmelian" . 01/08/2016
A change of train made easy by the clear instructions and advice provided with the tickets.
- "Great trip" . 23/07/2016
We were unexpectedly pleased with our train trip from Milan to Paris It was NOT easy finding the platform. and had to ask other travellers where to find the train, however this was the only problem. The seats are comfortable, coffee tea and food at your service, place to put your luggage. Power points to charge computer etc Great scenery, we are glad to have used the train rather than to fly
- "Great Trip" Henry m. 15/07/2016
Left Milan to Paris, the trip was very comfortable and great, train left on time. taking what you want munch on the train can save your pocket as everything on the train is x3 and not that good.. Value for money Convenience