High speed Lyria Tickets From AU$ 43
Experience the thrill of high speed travel on Lyria as you journey between France and Switzerland. Fares from AU$ 43 in 2nd class, or for just AU$ 15 more treat yourself to 1st class. Offer ends June 9th.
- Paris - Zurich: 04:03
- Book early, save up to 50%
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High Speed trains
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
TGV Lyria, high speed trains connecting France and Switzerland, serving Paris, Lausanne, Interlaken etc.
The TGV Lyria is the high speed train which takes passengers on a stunning journey between France and Switzerland. The trains are operated by the French national railway SNCF and the Swiss national railway CFF. From Paris, trains stop in France and then at Basel, Zurich, Bern, Lausanne, Interlaken and Geneva. This means you could be up the Eiffel Tower in the morning and skiing on the slopes by the afternoon. The trains are smooth and quiet and have comfortable reclining chairs with plenty of legroom and ample luggage storage at the ends of the carriages and in the overhead shelves.
Popular journeys and travel durations
TGV Lyria connects Paris and other French cities to major Swiss cities such as Geneva, Zurich, Basel and Lausanne.
|Geneva||Aix En Provence Tgv||03:40||AU$ 82|
|Neuchatel (loc)||Paris||04:02||AU$ 60|
|Geneva||Bourg En Bresse||01:16||AU$ 42|
|Geneva||St Raphael||05:24||AU$ 118|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TGV Lyria tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
The TGV Lyria uses Gare de Lyon in Paris as its departure railway station. There are car parking facilities and the station is connected on the metro to Gare du Nord and other major hubs. If you are early and need to lock away our luggage there are some storage options too. In Switzerland the train stations are well organized and have good connections for onward travel.
The platform number is displayed only 20 minutes before the train departs.Make sure to check the corresponding platform number of your train before boarding.Please note that it is not permitted to board a train if it is not displayed.The train doors will lock two minutes before departure so allow plenty of time to board the train and get settled. You don’t need to check in, just climb on board and keep your ticket and passport handy. Police and customs check may take place at national borders.
OnboardThere are two classes of service on board the TGV Lyria. First class includes large reclining seats, a welcome drink, power sockets and a gourmet meal served in-seat. Taxis can also be booked for arrival. Metro tickets for Paris can be bought in the buffet-bar on board. Second class includes generous legroom, and access to the buffet bar which serves a range of hot meals and refreshments.
|First class||Second class|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Meal and drink* A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
|Taxi reservation** Pre-book a taxi and don’t waste time when you get off at your destination. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
*except on Geneva <> Montpellier/Marseille/Nice ** except on Geneva<>Nice
The TGV Lyria Première service, a class above
The Lyria Premiere Service includes a quality meal, a delicious cold gourmet and other services. You will be served at your seat allowing you to travel in comfort. Depending on the time of the day, you will be offered either a breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea or an evening meal. The menu differs. In summer you can expect salads whereas in winter you can expect more festive meals. The quality does not change.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Lyria trains offer two different classes of travel. In First class, a delicious cold at-seat meal is offered to you, no matter what time you travel. A large selection of Swiss, French, international magazines and newspapers are also available for your perusal. Onboard taxi booking service is also available from Monday to Friday. Comfortable seats will welcome you in Second class where you can also enjoy the convenience of a bar-buffet car.
Q. Should Eurostar, Thalys and other High Speed Train tickets be purchased prior to your departure date?A. Many trains such as the Eurostar offer discounted tickets for advance purchase. These fares have limited availability and sell out quickly. To receive the best price on the train you want to travel on you should purchase your tickets prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains.
- A. Located in the middle of the train (carriage 4 or 14), TGV Lyria bar provides a service for tasty snacks and meals: sandwiches, hot/cold local dishes, salads, children’s menu, hot and cold drinks, treats are available to eat at the bar or take away. In First class, you can also enjoy the convenience of Lyriapremière service at seat.
- A. When travelling to Switzerland, or departing from this country, your ticket does not need to be punched. Ticket inspectors will check your ticket during your Lyria journey. You should be able to produce currently valid proof of eligibility for the fare you have chosen at any time.
- A. You can make reservations to travel on TGV Lyria trains up to 4 months before your travel date. To take advantage of the best fares, always try to buy your ticket as early as possible. And when buying your TGV Lyria tickets, check what exchange and refund conditions apply. Your fare type will be clearly stated on your ticket.
- A. First class on the Lyria offers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the Lyria offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. You can print your Lyria ticket directly from your printer at home or, alternatively, you can retrieve it from the self-service machines available at the train stations in France only before boarding your Lyria train.
- A. TGV Lyria offers direct, high speed services between Paris-Gare de Lyon, Dijon and cities such as Geneva, Lausanne, Basel, Neuchatel, Bern and Zurich. During winter, TGV Lyria snow train connects you directly from Paris to the charming resorts of the canton of Vaud (including Château-d’Oex, Leysin, Les Diablerets and Villars) and Valais (Verbier, CransMontana, Leukerbad, Saas-Fee and Zermatt, among others).
- A. TGV Lyria is a high speed train and requires a compulsory reservation. Special pass holder fares are available if you carry a Eurail Pass covering France or Switzerland, Swiss Pass or France Rail Pass but subject to limited availability.
- A. With Lyria, you’ll be allowed two bags or suitcases plus your hand luggage. Keep in mind that there is no charge for oversize luggage on Lyria trains.
answered | Posted by Bernard S. | Comments 2 | Created: 17/10/2016
answered | Posted by Jill Z. | Comments 0 | Created: 29/06/2016
answered | Posted by robyn s. | Comments 0 | Created: 19/06/2016
answered | Posted by Joanne G. | Comments 2 | Created: 07/05/2016
answered | Posted by Hudson H. | Comments 0 | Created: 02/04/2016
Reviews & ratings TGV Lyria
Overall rating (384)
Overall appreciationExcellent 40% Very good 37% Average 16% Poor 3% Terrible 3%
- "Hi-speed Relaxing way to go!" Rhonda m. 15/01/2017
Get to see the countryside without the worry of driving, stress free. Value for money Convenience
- "Great way to travel" . 12/01/2017
So much easier than flying. The train was a pleasure, a relaxing treat.
- "Great trip!" Edward r. 05/01/2017
Train service is great as long as you make your connection in Paris. If you have to change in Paris, make sure you leave 1 1/2 hours to make the other train. The Paris traffic is crazy. Value for money Convenience
- "Easiest Way to Travel" Peter h. 22/12/2016
Great way to get from Zurich to Paris. On time, only have to arrive to board train 15 to 20mins before train departs, can view scenery. Train over plane every time. Value for money Convenience
- "Good but can be better" David m. 03/11/2016
Overall trip was great, my only issue was the lack of storage space for luggage Value for money Convenience
- "Excellent " . 18/10/2016
Brilliant service Lovely staff Except in a 4 seater when a 2 seater was available
- "Easy way to travel" Ann h. 17/10/2016
It was just a bit of a challenge getting our luggage into the racks quickly. Seats don't turn so we spent the whole trip travelling backwards which we were not fussed about. Value for money Convenience
- "TGX Lyria" Maxwell f. 12/10/2016
A great way to travel.Very comfortable,on time and in my opinion much better than flying Value for money Convenience
- "A great way to travel" Mary e. 05/10/2016
Most comfortable and convenient.Our grandson loved travelling at such high speeds and we could still enjoy the scenery. Value for money Convenience
- "Great Trip" Brian w. 01/10/2016
The ease and times for the trains where great, information in the station is very good very easy to follow. never had any problems with delays. comfort is very good. Value for money Convenience
- "Geneva/Paris by TGV - perfect" Janet w. 29/09/2016
We caught the 9.42 train from central Geneva to Paris on a Monday. We are from Australia and bought and printed the tickets on line about 3 months before we were due to travel. The whole trip was perfect, took about 10 minutes to check in, we got there about half an hour before but could have left it a bit later. The train left on time and it was a really pleasant and scenic ride all the way. Really cheap and we arrived in the centre of Paris within about 3 hours. Forget the plane, no getting in and out of airports, waiting to check in, waiting for luggage. The best way to go. Value for money Convenience
- "Fine Dining" Roger h. 28/09/2016
We would like better dining facilities on the train , similar to the German trains Value for money Convenience
- "A great way to France" Yvonne k. 27/09/2016
Comfortable trip, first time I'd been at 160kph on a train. Speeds that are never seen on any train my state or indeed anywhere in Australia. Our main compliants if any where we traveled with our backs to the direction of travel Value for money Convenience
- "1st expeience on Bullet Train" Julie g. 21/09/2016
This was the first time my Husband and I have used this form of travel, and we thoughly found it relaxing and a great way to see the countyside whilst unwinding over lunch. We would highly recommend it and we will be travelling this way again to save time hanging around airports. Thank you for an enjoyable journey from Paris to Zurich. Value for money Convenience
- "Fast, but only fair" Tim s. 19/09/2016
Very unsmiling crew. Moderately comfortable seating. No way to request a seat facing the direction of travel. Food good, but very cold, dispassionate crew. Toilet was messy. Floor wet Value for money Convenience