- London - Edinburgh: 04:19
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 60 days in advance
- High speed trains
UK trains link all Britain from London to Oxford, Glasgow to Edinburg and Cardiff to Birmingham etc.
The United Kingdom is place of great contrasts. From the capital London the rail network spreads out across three different countries reaching up to the dramatic mountains in Scotland to the small towns and villages in Wales and past farmland and busy cities and into the quiet of the lakes and rolling hills of England. London is at the centre of the UK rail network. It has no less than 14 train stations. The 23 different train operators cover every major city and town from East to West and North to South. Although not all of the trains are high speed, there’s something romantic about soaking up the countryside as you sit comfortably, looking out of the window with a cup of tea. Booking tickets on so many different operators can be tricky so why not get your tickets here? Rail Europe partners with the UK rail network to offer the cheapest prices and a choice of tickets to suit you.
Popular journeys and travel durations
If you are based in London there are several easy day trips you can take on the train, from Oxford and Cambridge to Brighton and Windsor and more.
|London||Stratford Upon A||01:59||AU$ 13|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- UK Trains tickets are open for booking 60 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ Station
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Recommended for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket when offered by the train carrier. With the included reservation, you are guaranteed a seat to make your journey more enjoyable.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Avoid the queues… most stations will have the self-service ticket machines where you can easily collect the tickets you have bought from this website. First class ticket holders can make the most of any first class lounges at the main city stations.
|First class||Second class|
|Snacks and beverages Whenever you feel peckish, you can buy something on board to eat or drink. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board certain trains. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Gatwick Express arrives in London's Victoria Station.
- A. No, Eurostar does not transport cars. You can transport your car on Le Shuttle, which carries cars through the Channel Tunnel. For reservations with Le Shuttle, please call 08705 35 35 35 or at www.eurotunnel.com.
- A. Your Eurail Italy pass must be validated at a ticket window at a larger train station in Italy only. A railway official will fill in the first and last day of validity and your passport number, and will stamp your Eurail Italy pass, so that it is valid for travel.
- A. You can request 2 passengers in a double compartment. If there are no Double compartments available, you can then book a shared T3 but keep in mind, the third bed will be occupied by another passenger.
- A. When travelling to Switzerland, or departing from this country, your ticket does not need to be punched. Ticket inspectors will check your ticket during your Lyria journey. You should be able to produce currently valid proof of eligibility for the fare you have chosen at any time.
- A. Reservation is compulsory on Italo. When you buy a ticket for Italo, the reservation is included. Please note that if have even if you have a Rail Pass which includes Italy, you need a separate ticket to travel on board the Italo. Passholder fares do not apply to Italo.
- A.Refund policies for tickets will vary depending on the type of train and fare that are booked. Please check the "details" tab of each fare to obtain specific refund information for the fare you are purchasing.If you have already purchased your tickets, please review the terms and conditions that came with your documents. Except for PayPal, for which the amount can be reimbursed automatically on the PayPal account. For all the other payment services, a BIC (Bank Identifier Code) must be sent to receive the reimbursement of your purchase.
- A. Yes. If you’re on Turista class, you could buy some nice snacks and beverages to a bar buffet car. On Ave First class, a catering service will deliver you some meal and beverages directly to your seat. You could also get access to an A la Carte service at seat and even a bar service.
- A. The following trains require reservations: Eurostar, Thalys, Lyria, all TGV's, AVE, TGV France-Italy, Renfe, Trenitalia, Riveria, Swedish trains, City Night Line, DB (German) night trains, Elipsos, and the Paris-Germany night train. To check if the train you are looking at is on of these trains you just need to look at the details on the fare results to see the type of train in the title. The Swiss Scenic trains and some of the German ICE trains will also need reservations. These are route and time specific.
- A. No. A ticket allows you to board the train, but does not guarantee you a seat. You must make a seat reservation to have a guaranteed seat on the train. NOTE: On certain trains tickets and reservations are sold together as one ticket.
answered | Posted by Peter B. | Comments 2 | Created: 07/12/2015
answered | Posted by Peter B. | Comments 0 | Created: 06/12/2015
answered | Posted by David H. | Comments 0 | Created: 27/09/2015
answered | Posted by Nasir A. | Comments 2 | Created: 10/09/2015
answered | Posted by Stephanie S. | Comments 0 | Created: 02/08/2015
Reviews & ratings UK Trains
Overall rating (145)
Overall appreciationExcellent 34% Very good 37% Average 21% Poor 2% Terrible 5%
- "London to Cardiff return" John o. 21/12/2015
First Class London to Cardiff, and then return. First Class lounge at Paddington was very good. Secure, plus a range of drinks, fresh fruits and pastries available all gratis. First Class lounge at Cardiff smaller, also secure, no fruit or pastries, but drinks available and still adequate. First Class train carriage was comfortable, and drinks and cakes (gratis) on trip. Overall, a nice, convenient way to travel between the two cities, especially to see some of the country-side in passing. Value for money Convenience
- "Delayed train " Nicola m. 22/11/2015
Everything about the train ride was great except that the train was delayed which meant i missed my connecting train. My short journey then turned into a long day as the next train was delayed and I had to have multiple changes. Value for money Convenience
- "Journey to London" Sylvia h. 31/10/2015
The train was crowded but the service was good and friendly. I appreciated having free snacks and drinks throughout the journey. The train could have been a little cleaner but was OK. The train was on time arriving into London which I appreciated as I was being met. Value for money Convenience
- "Scottish holiday" Sylvia h. 31/10/2015
Very clean and comfortable train. It was a pleasant surprise to find that in first class I could have free snacks and drinks throughout the journey. I enjoyed the scenery in particular and the large, clean windows made that even better. The cleanness and fresh paint, and individual colour schemes of the stations en route were also a delight. Arriving on time was important as I had a connecting train. Value for money Convenience
- "Carnaerfon Trip" James h. 21/10/2015
I recently traveled from London to Bagor on the Virgin train and found the experience easy and comfortable. I would definitely use this mode of transport again (and will). By the way, the first class journey was as equal to any air flight I have taken. Value for money Convenience
- "Advance booking recommended" Hamish m. 17/10/2015
This is the second time we have used Rail Europe and as before it was a trouble free experience. I find train travel in UK inordinately expensive in comparison to air and by booking in advanced with Rail Europe our rates were significantly better than if we had booked on the day of travel at the stations. Very happy with the service and will use again. Value for money Convenience
- "Bletchley" James g. 02/10/2015
Fast and comfortable. Value for money Convenience
- "Efficient trip " David k. 20/09/2015
was very happy with the efficiency of the trip on Virgin Trains return from Glasgow to London. The trains were punctual and arrived on time. Value for money Convenience
- "Good service" Kathleen l. 19/09/2015
We enjoyed the trip which was helped by the friendly staff. The food and the regular drinks service was good. Real value for money especially as we were able to use their first class lounge before departure. Thank you Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable journey" Vanessa p. 23/08/2015
Overall I thought the experience was good. I was surprised that no free wifi was offered Value for money Convenience
- "Travel through Scotland" Lynda w. 13/08/2015
Train left on time and arrived on time. Seats were comfortable and the scenery spectacular. Great relaxed way to travel. We had pre-booked seat numbers but apparently they were not booked so we could sit wherever we wanted. Value for money Convenience
- "Relaxing way to go ..." Phillip m. 11/08/2015
Train was comfortable, and provided a great way to see the countryside. Only downside is the seat configuration. Not all seats go forward, so be prepared to go backwards for 4 hours. Value for money Convenience
- "Brilliant train service" Peter m. 09/08/2015
An excellent service. Value for money Convenience
- "Edinburgh Trip" Terence h. 09/08/2015
Excellent trip,staff on train especially Joanne were great,food and comfort fantastic cheers Value for money Convenience
- "fantastic" Peter w. 01/08/2015
Thank you for the great trip and the staff were more than helpful the train was very clean and relaxing thanks again will do it again a high light of my holidays. THANKS Value for money Convenience