Find a Train Ticket
- London - Edinburgh: 04:19
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 60 days in advance
- High speed trains
Reviews & ratings (145)
Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2014
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
UK trains link all Britain from London to Oxford, Glasgow to Edinburg and Cardiff to Birmingham etc.
The United Kingdom is place of great contrasts. From the capital London the rail network spreads out across three different countries reaching up to the dramatic mountains in Scotland to the small towns and villages in Wales and past farmland and busy cities and into the quiet of the lakes and rolling hills of England. London is at the centre of the UK rail network. It has no less than 14 train stations. The 23 different train operators cover every major city and town from East to West and North to South. Although not all of the trains are high speed, there’s something romantic about soaking up the countryside as you sit comfortably, looking out of the window with a cup of tea. Booking tickets on so many different operators can be tricky so why not get your tickets here? Rail Europe partners with the UK rail network to offer the cheapest prices and a choice of tickets to suit you.
Popular journeys and travel durations
If you are based in London there are several easy day trips you can take on the train, from Oxford and Cambridge to Brighton and Windsor and more.
|London||Stratford Upon A||01:59||AU$ 13|
|Hull Gb||London||02:34||AU$ 58|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- UK Trains tickets are open for booking 60 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ Station
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Recommended for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket when offered by the train carrier. With the included reservation, you are guaranteed a seat to make your journey more enjoyable.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Avoid the queues… most stations will have the self-service ticket machines where you can easily collect the tickets you have bought from this website. First class ticket holders can make the most of any first class lounges at the main city stations.
|First class||Second class|
|Snacks and beverages Whenever you feel peckish, you can buy something on board to eat or drink. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board certain trains. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Unfortunately, you cannot request a forward-facing seat. Trains generally pull into a station in one direction, and pull out in another direction and seat positions change, depending on the train.
- A. Yes, you may travel as many times are you like between countries that are on your pass.
- A. A travel day lasts 24 hours, in which you can take as many trains or public transport services as you wish.
Q. There is also a train connection from Munich to Prague, can I use these trains to travel to Prague with the coupon?A. No, the German Rail Pass Extension is only valid on the DB Expressbus between Munich/Nuremberg and Prague.
- A. Toilets are easily accessible on all the trains and are usually marked with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each train car (also known as a coach), and will include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
- A.No. A German Rail Pass Extension alone is not valid to travel on board trains. You have to use your extension as an add-on to your German Rail Pass.
- A. Most major train stations have lockers or luggage storage available at an additional cost. Make sure you have some change available if you are planning to use a locker.
- A. Sorry, partially used passes are not refundable.
- A. Most major train stations have lockers or luggage storage available at an additional cost. Make sure you have some change available if you are planning to use a locker. We have information about luggage storage on our train station information pages.
- A. You will need to first figure out who wants to share, and who does not. Once you have your travel party broken down, request the number of passengers who want to share a room together and request as either a 1, 2 or 3 person room. Request each compartment separately until all passengers have been reserved in a room.
answered | Posted by Nasir A. | Comments 2 | Created: 10/09/2015
answered | Posted by chris r. | Comments 2 | Created: 17/07/2015
answered | Posted by Georgina E. | Comments 4 | Created: 12/07/2015
answered | Posted by Julie W. | Comments 0 | Created: 08/07/2015
answered | Posted by James N. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/05/2015
Reviews & ratings UK Trains
Overall rating (145)
Overall appreciationExcellent 34% Very good 37% Average 21% Poor 2% Terrible 5%
"Journey to London"Sylvia h. 31/10/2015
The train was crowded but the service was good and friendly. I appreciated having free snacks and drinks throughout the journey. The train could have been a little cleaner but was OK. The train was on time arriving into London which I appreciated as I was being met. Value for money Convenience
"Scottish holiday"Sylvia h. 31/10/2015
Very clean and comfortable train. It was a pleasant surprise to find that in first class I could have free snacks and drinks throughout the journey. I enjoyed the scenery in particular and the large, clean windows made that even better. The cleanness and fresh paint, and individual colour schemes of the stations en route were also a delight. Arriving on time was important as I had a connecting train. Value for money Convenience
"Travel through Scotland"Lynda w. 13/08/2015
Train left on time and arrived on time. Seats were comfortable and the scenery spectacular. Great relaxed way to travel. We had pre-booked seat numbers but apparently they were not booked so we could sit wherever we wanted. Value for money Convenience
"Good travel experience"Brian p. 22/06/2015
This was a very good experience - with no issues getting our reserved seats. A nice train Value for money Convenience
"Nice train experience"Brian p. 22/06/2015
This was a much better experience where we actually got our first class and reserved seats without any issues. Quick and smooth journey. Value for money Convenience
"London to Edinburgh"Susan s. 12/06/2015
As a traveller visiting from Australia,I must say that I had a very pleasant trip from London to Edinburgh. The train seat was comfortable, the big windows allowed for a great view as we sped along, and the convenience of the " refreshment trolley" meant that I did not have to leave my seat to get a snack. Value for money Convenience
"UK trains are the only way"Geoffrey m. 07/05/2015
we travelled 1st class non stop from York to kings cross and walked straight into a cab to our west end hotel. Superb in under 2:30 hours door to door. Value for money Convenience
"Paddington to Cardiff"Matthew a. 23/01/2015
Off the plane at Heathrow and at Paddington in 60 mins. Nice and quick ticket pick up and onto the train easily. I travelled in offpeak which was very comfortable. I travelled back at a busier time which was not as easy with lugguage. However being in a major station close to good under connections provided very good value. Value for money Convenience
"Ease of travel"Joanne m. 21/12/2014
A great way to see Englands lovely countryside. The trip was quick Value for money Convenience
"UK train"Jun y. 16/11/2014
Great central locations for convenience. Easy ticket pick-up. Value for money Convenience
"Nice and quite"Darryl j. 27/10/2014
My daughter and I were more than satisfied with the journey. comfortable, quite and great value for money....even after converting from Australian dollars to pounds. Very impressed with the power outlets (we upgraded to first class). Polite and helpful staff, would recommend and use Great Western Railways again! Booked online from Australia! Value for money Convenience
"very good"Peter o. 20/10/2014
a clean and pleasant journey with great help from the staff we were travelling with bags and everything was accommodated nicely Value for money Convenience
"U.K Train Travel"Penny c. 18/10/2014
As international travellers we found the trains very convenient, clean and comfortable. The voice over announcements, telling us which stations were coming up was a bonus and took away some of the stress of travelling in a another country and not being familiar with the area. Value for money Convenience
"Comfortable travel "Kah Seng u. 17/10/2014
Online booking and getting our tickets was easy with clear instructions We booked our tickets online from Australia and arrived at Liverpool stn at 8.00 am on the day of travel. Staff at information desk pointed us to the ticket machines and we retrieved our tickets without any hassle. The journey was comfortable and price reasonable. We enjoyed our day trip to Cambridge and travelling by train gives us the flexibility to have a longer stay at this fascinating and historical University town. There were so much to see, do and experience and travelling by rail gives control over how much time we want to spend in this town. The cost is reasonable, ride comfortable and we will definitely recommend a visitor to consider a day trip to Cambridge by train! So easy to book for a comfortable travel which takes slightly over an hour to get to. John Value for money Convenience
"A great way to travel". 16/10/2014
We recently travelled from Edinburgh to London, first class, as part of a trip around the UK. The train was fast, comfortable and on time with plenty of room for luggage. The train station in Edinburg was conviently located and, once in London, it was easy to get a taxi to our hotel. I think value for money and convenience the train was a winner.