- London - Edinburgh: 04:19
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 60 days in advance
- High speed trains
UK trains link all Britain from London to Oxford, Glasgow to Edinburg and Cardiff to Birmingham etc.
The United Kingdom is place of great contrasts. From the capital London the rail network spreads out across three different countries reaching up to the dramatic mountains in Scotland to the small towns and villages in Wales and past farmland and busy cities and into the quiet of the lakes and rolling hills of England. London is at the centre of the UK rail network. It has no less than 14 train stations. The 23 different train operators cover every major city and town from East to West and North to South. Although not all of the trains are high speed, there’s something romantic about soaking up the countryside as you sit comfortably, looking out of the window with a cup of tea. Booking tickets on so many different operators can be tricky so why not get your tickets here? Rail Europe partners with the UK rail network to offer the cheapest prices and a choice of tickets to suit you.
Popular journeys and travel durations
If you are based in London there are several easy day trips you can take on the train, from Oxford and Cambridge to Brighton and Windsor and more.
|London||Stratford Upon A||01:59||AU$ 13|
|Hull Gb||London||02:34||AU$ 56|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- UK Trains tickets are open for booking 60 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ Station
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Recommended for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket when offered by the train carrier. With the included reservation, you are guaranteed a seat to make your journey more enjoyable.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Avoid the queues… most stations will have the self-service ticket machines where you can easily collect the tickets you have bought from this website. First class ticket holders can make the most of any first class lounges at the main city stations.
|First class||Second class|
|Snacks and beverages Whenever you feel peckish, you can buy something on board to eat or drink. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board certain trains. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Yes. If you’re on Turista class, you could buy some nice snacks and beverages to a bar buffet car. On Ave First class, a catering service will deliver you some meal and beverages directly to your seat. You could also get access to an A la Carte service at seat and even a bar service.
Q. How do I file a request to receive reimbursement through the Rail Protection Plan if there has been loss or theft ?A. Pass/ticket holders must file a police report within twenty-four (24) hours of the incident. Pass/ticket holders may purchase a replacement rail pass or rail tickets in order to continue with his/her travel plans. Upon return to your country, pass/tickets holder must submit a request to Rail Europe within thirty (30) days including a police report, replacement passes or tickets purchased abroad, airline tickets to/from Europe. A brief explanation of the situation is also necessary to better evaluate the traveler request form.
- A. Yes. Passengers can use baggage lockers which are found between the coaches. However they have to make a 1 euro deposit. There are also luggage areas at the end of the carriage which can be used without any supplement.
- A. You can print your Thalys ticket directly from your printer at home or retrieve it from the self-service machines available in FRANCE ONLY before boarding your Thalys train.
Q. There is also a train connection from Munich to Prague, can I use these trains to travel to Prague with the coupon?A. No, the German Rail Pass Extension is only valid on the DB Expressbus between Munich/Nuremberg and Prague.
- A. All ICE trains convey a Bordbistro and/or a Bordrestaurant. Depending on the time of the day, you can choose from various breakfast menus to suit any taste or main dishes from the "à la carte" menu. In addition to the standard dishes, the menu often features German and European regional specialties freshly prepared. The Bordbistro serves snacks and a wide selection of beverages which you can enjoy there or take back to your seat. In 1st Class coaches a selection of beverages and meals from the menus can be served at your seat on request. Snacks and beverages are also available at your seat in 2nd Class on ICE trains.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding TGV trains. However, you must be onboard at the latest 2 minutes prior to the departure time, beyond which access to the train cannot be guaranteed. Ticket control and passport checks will occur on board the train.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer two classes of travel: first class and second class. First Class ticket holders will receive a welcome drink, a snack and a daily Italian newspaper. Either travel class you may choose, you will be able to surf the Net on Frecciarossa trains using a USB key or any other portable device equipped with a Wi-Fi antenna.
- A. From Germany, several cities in bordering countries can be reached. The Intercity Express (ICE) goes to Brussels, the DB Expressbus to Prague, the DB-ÖBB Eurocity to Kufstein and Innsbruck and the DB-ÖBB Eurocity to Bolzzano/Bozen, Verona, Bologna and Venice.
Q. If I'm traveling through a country not included on Eurail Select Pass, can I add that country to the pass?A. Passes are only valid for travel in the countries covered by that particular pass. If you travel through a country not included on your pass, you'll need to purchase an additional ticket for that part of the trip. For example, if you travel from Germany to Italy through Austria, Austria is not a country on your Eurail Select Pass and will not be covered; you must purchase an additional ticket. If you have not purchased your pass please view our online maps to see if you will be travelling through a country you have not planned for.
answered | Posted by Peter B. | Comments 2 | Created: 07/12/2015
answered | Posted by Peter B. | Comments 0 | Created: 06/12/2015
answered | Posted by David H. | Comments 0 | Created: 27/09/2015
answered | Posted by Nasir A. | Comments 2 | Created: 10/09/2015
answered | Posted by Stephanie S. | Comments 0 | Created: 02/08/2015
Reviews & ratings UK Trains
Overall rating (145)
Overall appreciationExcellent 34% Very good 37% Average 21% Poor 2% Terrible 5%
- "Excellent" Genevieve h. 21/05/2016
Great train journey. It was clean, fast, and efficient way. However, 15mins of free internet for a 4 hour journey is a bit of a joke. Value for money Convenience
- "Signal Breakdown" Mark-leon t. 16/05/2016
I was running late to catch this train because Paddington Station is confusing and I was struggling with my bags but instead of trying to help me, the staff scowled at me. I jumped onto the first available carriage and tried to recover but they scowled at me again and told me that I was in the wrong carriage. Then they made an announcement that the train will be running late due to a signal fault and apologized for the inconvenience. Value for money Convenience
- "Markinch to London" . 11/05/2016
Absolutely fantastic. Boys loved the internet speed and free food!
- "Great trip" Justine r. 08/05/2016
Staff at Cambridge were polite helpful and spoke clearly. The trains were clean, comfey and fast. Value for money as we were able to use the ticket all day. I was impressed that I could collect our tickets (at St Pancres arrived on EuroStar)the day before our trip hince I booked the tickets 2 months in AUSTRALIA. VERY HAPPY TRAVELLER¤ Value for money Convenience
- "A relaxing Journey" Helen c. 02/05/2016
Can be a bit 'nerve wracking knowing you have to catch that exact train . Cant believe it is so much more expensive to book on the day. Value for money Convenience
- "Quick and easy" Brett l. 12/04/2016
A very quick and easy mode of transport with assistance where required Value for money Convenience
- "Melb/York/Blackpool return" Carolyn w. 28/02/2016
I travelled Heathrow to York and Blackpool to Heathrow. The trains were clean and on time. I enjoyed the whole experience. I especially enjoyed unexpectedly being upgraded to First Class on the way back to Heathrow. The staff were attentive and personable and it was comfortable. Far better than driving. Carolyn Worth Value for money Convenience
- "London to Cardiff return" John o. 21/12/2015
First Class London to Cardiff, and then return. First Class lounge at Paddington was very good. Secure, plus a range of drinks, fresh fruits and pastries available all gratis. First Class lounge at Cardiff smaller, also secure, no fruit or pastries, but drinks available and still adequate. First Class train carriage was comfortable, and drinks and cakes (gratis) on trip. Overall, a nice, convenient way to travel between the two cities, especially to see some of the country-side in passing. Value for money Convenience
- "Delayed train " Nicola m. 22/11/2015
Everything about the train ride was great except that the train was delayed which meant i missed my connecting train. My short journey then turned into a long day as the next train was delayed and I had to have multiple changes. Value for money Convenience
- "Journey to London" Sylvia h. 31/10/2015
The train was crowded but the service was good and friendly. I appreciated having free snacks and drinks throughout the journey. The train could have been a little cleaner but was OK. The train was on time arriving into London which I appreciated as I was being met. Value for money Convenience
- "Scottish holiday" Sylvia h. 31/10/2015
Very clean and comfortable train. It was a pleasant surprise to find that in first class I could have free snacks and drinks throughout the journey. I enjoyed the scenery in particular and the large, clean windows made that even better. The cleanness and fresh paint, and individual colour schemes of the stations en route were also a delight. Arriving on time was important as I had a connecting train. Value for money Convenience
- "Carnaerfon Trip" James h. 21/10/2015
I recently traveled from London to Bagor on the Virgin train and found the experience easy and comfortable. I would definitely use this mode of transport again (and will). By the way, the first class journey was as equal to any air flight I have taken. Value for money Convenience
- "Advance booking recommended" Hamish m. 17/10/2015
This is the second time we have used Rail Europe and as before it was a trouble free experience. I find train travel in UK inordinately expensive in comparison to air and by booking in advanced with Rail Europe our rates were significantly better than if we had booked on the day of travel at the stations. Very happy with the service and will use again. Value for money Convenience
- "Bletchley" James g. 02/10/2015
Fast and comfortable. Value for money Convenience
- "Efficient trip " David k. 20/09/2015
was very happy with the efficiency of the trip on Virgin Trains return from Glasgow to London. The trains were punctual and arrived on time. Value for money Convenience