Great deals to tour Europe!
Get up to AU$ 90 off your booking and enjoy summer in Europe!
Discover iconic cities such as Paris, London and Rome.
Find a Train Ticket
- London - Edinburgh: 04:19
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 60 days in advance
- High speed trains
Reviews & ratings (145)
Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
UK trains link all Britain from London to Oxford, Glasgow to Edinburg and Cardiff to Birmingham etc.
The United Kingdom is place of great contrasts. From the capital London the rail network spreads out across three different countries reaching up to the dramatic mountains in Scotland to the small towns and villages in Wales and past farmland and busy cities and into the quiet of the lakes and rolling hills of England. London is at the centre of the UK rail network. It has no less than 14 train stations. The 23 different train operators cover every major city and town from East to West and North to South. Although not all of the trains are high speed, there’s something romantic about soaking up the countryside as you sit comfortably, looking out of the window with a cup of tea. Booking tickets on so many different operators can be tricky so why not get your tickets here? Rail Europe partners with the UK rail network to offer the cheapest prices and a choice of tickets to suit you.
Popular journeys and travel durations
If you are based in London there are several easy day trips you can take on the train, from Oxford and Cambridge to Brighton and Windsor and more.
|London||Stratford Upon A||01:59||AU$ 12|
|Hull Gb||London||02:34||AU$ 54|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- UK Trains tickets are open for booking 60 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ Station
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Recommended for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket when offered by the train carrier. With the included reservation, you are guaranteed a seat to make your journey more enjoyable.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Avoid the queues… most stations will have the self-service ticket machines where you can easily collect the tickets you have bought from this website. First class ticket holders can make the most of any first class lounges at the main city stations.
|First class||Second class|
|Snacks and beverages Whenever you feel peckish, you can buy something on board to eat or drink. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board certain trains. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
Q. Under train tickets and schedules, does the fare represent a per person rate or total for everyone?A. Our "Train Tickets and Schedules" section calculates the total cost of your outbound journey first, and it includes the cost for the number of people that you specify. Once you choose an outbound journey, the costs of the return journey appear.
- A. A travel day lasts 24 hours, in which you can take as many trains as you wish.
- A. ICE trains link major German cities from Cologne in the west to Berlin in the east. But they also cross borders and go into France, Switzerland, Belgium, Austria, Denmark and the Netherlands.
- A. Unfortunately, you cannot request a forward-facing seat. Trains generally pull into a station in one direction, and pull out in another direction and seat positions change, depending on the train.
- A. No, travel on Eurostar requires a separate ticket. However, many rail passes include discounted rates for the Eurostar called a Passholder fare. To see a list of passes that allow these fares select "details" when viewing fares with a pass.
Q. What is Rail Europe's cancellation policy for passes, point-to-point tickets, overnight trains, and specialty trains?A. Tickets and passes are neither refundable nor replaceable if stolen or lost. Refunds, when applicable, are limited to totally unused, and un-validated passes, tickets and inclusive packages. A minimum 15% cancellation charge applies. Refund amount for tickets will vary depending on the type of fare purchased. Please check the details for more specific refund policies for each ticket. For passes and packages please look at the Terms and Conditions. Sleepers: if cancelled and space released with the station of departure at least 24 hours before train departs, are generally 85% refundable. If reservation is not cancelled, no refund will be granted. Once in Europe, most tickets must be stamped as NOT USED before the Train Departure Date (for reservations) or the 1st day of validity (for tickets and passes) to be entiteled for refund. If you have already purchased your pass or tickets, please review the terms and conditions that come with your documents for specific information about the cancellation policy for each pass or ticket. To receive your refund for pass, documents must be returned to the issuing office within 6 months of the date of issuance (or 1st year depending on the pass). To receive you refund on combined tickets and reservations, they must be returned to the issuing office within 60 days. Click here to get the adress in our Contact Us section.
- A. Depending on where you are traveling, there are two different rules regarding overnight travel. Some trains allow travelers departing after 7 PM to mark only the following day on the pass, meaning that only one travel day will be used. However, other trains will require that this travel use 2 days on your pass. It is recommended that you check the rules included in the ticket jacket included with your pass for more specific information.
- A. Your e-ticket is included in the email confirmation you receive from Rail Europe.
- A. Eurostar offers 3 classes of service: 2 for 1st class and 1 for 2nd class. Business Premier which offers priority express check-in at the terminals, a dedicated ticket desk for check in, access to the Eurostar Executive lounges, spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, wifi access at the terminals, a dedicated coach for business travelers, complimentary newspapers, 3-course meal with refreshments at your seat. Leisure Select offers spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, complimentary newspapers, and 3-course meal with refreshments at your seat. Standard class (2nd class) offers generous legroom and access to a bar-buffet car where a selection of food and beverages are available for purchase.
- A. No, but we do offer discounted rate for many of our tickets and passes for Youth passengers. To qualify for a Youth Pass, you must be under age 26 on the first day of travel.
answered | Posted by James N. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/05/2015
answered | Posted by Keith W. | Comments 0 | Created: 12/05/2015
answered | Posted by Ian C. | Comments 3 | Created: 08/12/2014
What is the best train route to take to visit these countries: belgium, denmark, england, france, germany, greece, ireland, italy, (...)As I will be travelling around Europe by train. I want to know what is the BEST & CHEAPEST train route to START & FINISH my train (...)
answered | Posted by geoffrey j. | Comments 2 | Created: 28/11/2014
answered | Posted by leesa m. | Comments 0 | Created: 23/10/2014
Reviews & ratings
Overall rating (145)
Overall appreciationExcellent 34% Very good 37% Average 21% Poor 2% Terrible 5%
"Good travel experience"Brian p.
This was a very good experience - with no issues getting our reserved seats. A nice train Value for money Convenience
"Nice train experience"Brian p. 22/06/2015
This was a much better experience where we actually got our first class and reserved seats without any issues. Quick and smooth journey. Value for money Convenience
"London to Edinburgh"Susan s. 12/06/2015
As a traveller visiting from Australia,I must say that I had a very pleasant trip from London to Edinburgh. The train seat was comfortable, the big windows allowed for a great view as we sped along, and the convenience of the " refreshment trolley" meant that I did not have to leave my seat to get a snack. Value for money Convenience
"UK trains are the only way"Geoffrey m. 07/05/2015
we travelled 1st class non stop from York to kings cross and walked straight into a cab to our west end hotel. Superb in under 2:30 hours door to door. Value for money Convenience
"Paddington to Cardiff"Matthew a. 23/01/2015
Off the plane at Heathrow and at Paddington in 60 mins. Nice and quick ticket pick up and onto the train easily. I travelled in offpeak which was very comfortable. I travelled back at a busier time which was not as easy with lugguage. However being in a major station close to good under connections provided very good value. Value for money Convenience
"Ease of travel"Joanne m. 21/12/2014
A great way to see Englands lovely countryside. The trip was quick Value for money Convenience
"UK train"Jun y. 16/11/2014
Great central locations for convenience. Easy ticket pick-up. Value for money Convenience
"Nice and quite"Darryl j. 27/10/2014
My daughter and I were more than satisfied with the journey. comfortable, quite and great value for money....even after converting from Australian dollars to pounds. Very impressed with the power outlets (we upgraded to first class). Polite and helpful staff, would recommend and use Great Western Railways again! Booked online from Australia! Value for money Convenience
"very good"Peter o. 20/10/2014
a clean and pleasant journey with great help from the staff we were travelling with bags and everything was accommodated nicely Value for money Convenience
"U.K Train Travel"Penny c. 18/10/2014
As international travellers we found the trains very convenient, clean and comfortable. The voice over announcements, telling us which stations were coming up was a bonus and took away some of the stress of travelling in a another country and not being familiar with the area. Value for money Convenience
"Comfortable travel "Kah Seng u. 17/10/2014
Online booking and getting our tickets was easy with clear instructions We booked our tickets online from Australia and arrived at Liverpool stn at 8.00 am on the day of travel. Staff at information desk pointed us to the ticket machines and we retrieved our tickets without any hassle. The journey was comfortable and price reasonable. We enjoyed our day trip to Cambridge and travelling by train gives us the flexibility to have a longer stay at this fascinating and historical University town. There were so much to see, do and experience and travelling by rail gives control over how much time we want to spend in this town. The cost is reasonable, ride comfortable and we will definitely recommend a visitor to consider a day trip to Cambridge by train! So easy to book for a comfortable travel which takes slightly over an hour to get to. John Value for money Convenience
"A great way to travel"Kah Seng u. 16/10/2014
We recently travelled from Edinburgh to London, first class, as part of a trip around the UK. The train was fast, comfortable and on time with plenty of room for luggage. The train station in Edinburg was conviently located and, once in London, it was easy to get a taxi to our hotel. I think value for money and convenience the train was a winner.
"Crowded trains"Kah Seng u. 14/10/2014
We took the 3.30pm train from Waterloo to Weymouth and only just managed to get a seat. Many people stood in the aisles for the first hour. The usual trolley snack service could not operate as it could not get through the crowded train. At GBP 47 return, it was an expensive trip too. On the positive side, the train was clean, on time and ran smoothly with good communication from the staff on board. The lifts on Brockenhurst station are a great improvement and make it easy to transfer bikes between platforms.
"Crazy Chaos"Russell s. 10/10/2014
Mad rush to get to train once it was designated a platform. Got on train OK but trying to manoeuvre with our luggage was difficult and uncomfortable. Train had departed platform and people still trying to store luggage and get to their seats. Very chaotic for 1st class. Hate to be in cattle class. Once the dust settled it was a relaxing, enjoyable trip. Value for money Convenience
"Great train journey"Georgina t. 08/10/2014
I was very impressed with the service and facilities on my recent journey from London to Edinburgh. Thoroughly recommended. Value for money Convenience