- London - Edinburgh: 04:19
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 60 days in advance
- High speed trains
UK trains link all Britain from London to Oxford, Glasgow to Edinburg and Cardiff to Birmingham etc.
The United Kingdom is place of great contrasts. From the capital London the rail network spreads out across three different countries reaching up to the dramatic mountains in Scotland to the small towns and villages in Wales and past farmland and busy cities and into the quiet of the lakes and rolling hills of England. London is at the centre of the UK rail network. It has no less than 14 train stations. The 23 different train operators cover every major city and town from East to West and North to South. Although not all of the trains are high speed, there’s something romantic about soaking up the countryside as you sit comfortably, looking out of the window with a cup of tea. Booking tickets on so many different operators can be tricky so why not get your tickets here? Rail Europe partners with the UK rail network to offer the cheapest prices and a choice of tickets to suit you.
Popular journeys and travel durations
If you are based in London there are several easy day trips you can take on the train, from Oxford and Cambridge to Brighton and Windsor and more.
|Hull Gb||London||02:34||AU$ 55|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- UK Trains tickets are open for booking 60 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ Station
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Recommended for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket when offered by the train carrier. With the included reservation, you are guaranteed a seat to make your journey more enjoyable.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Avoid the queues… most stations will have the self-service ticket machines where you can easily collect the tickets you have bought from this website. First class ticket holders can make the most of any first class lounges at the main city stations.
|First class||Second class|
|Snacks and beverages Whenever you feel peckish, you can buy something on board to eat or drink. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board certain trains. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Yes, there is a catering service on board Italo trains. While there are 2 Area break with self-service vending machines, there are no bar/restaurant coaches. From the vending machines which are in coach 3 and 7, you can but hot and cold drinks as well as snacks. Passengers in Club and Prima class will be offered a catering service at an extra cost, which you must pay once on board. You can order the Italo breakfast, if you are travelling in the early morning between Milan and Rome.
- A. Lyria trains offer two different classes of travel. In First class, a delicious cold at-seat meal is offered to you, no matter what time you travel. A large selection of Swiss, French, international magazines and newspapers are also available for your perusal. Onboard taxi booking service is also available from Monday to Friday. Comfortable seats will welcome you in Second class where you can also enjoy the convenience of a bar-buffet car.
Q. What is the difference between 1st and 2nd class on the Thalys (Paris to Brussels and Amsterdam)?A. First class on the Thalys offers large comfortable reclining seats and drinks and a light snack served at your seat. Second class on the Thalys offers generous legroom and a selection of drinks and snacks at your seat that are available for purchase.
- A. There are two options: Option 1 You can select a Single compartment for 1 of the passengers and select a Double compartment for the 2 remaining passengers. Option 2 You can select 3 Single compartments, each will need to be requested on the website separately having 1 passenger on each reservation.
- A. The best-selling Eurail Global Pass offers unlimited, 1st Class train travel in 24 European countries: Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Bulgarian Denmark, Finland, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, France, Ireland, Italy, Hungary, Netherlands, Norway, Luxembourg, Romania, Slovenia, Portugal, Slovakia, Switzerland, Spain, Sweden and Turkey. Choices range from 15 consecutive days to 3 months of travel or 10 and 15 flexible days within a 2-month time period, plus money-saving Eurail Global Pass bonuses. The Eurail Select Pass provides unlimited train travel for the duration you select in your choice of any 3, 4 or 5 countries that border each other, as well as attractive bonuses. Select from Austria, Benelux (Belgium, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands), Bulgaria/Serbia/Montenegro, Croatia/Slovenia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey.
- A. The Swiss Travel Pass must be used within 6 months of the date of purchase.It is a pre-validated pass, i.e. at the time of booking, you will be asked to indicate your first travel date.
- A. Eurostar journeys can be booked up to 6 months in advance of the return date of travel. Eurostar Direct services to Disneyland Resort Paris have a longer booking period and are made available further in advance. And Eurostar Direct seasonal services to the French Alps and Avignon are opened for sale for the entire season.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer two classes of travel: first class and second class. First Class ticket holders will receive a welcome drink, a snack and a daily Italian newspaper. Either travel class you may choose, you will be able to surf the Net on Frecciarossa trains using a USB key or any other portable device equipped with a Wi-Fi antenna.
- A. You can buy all your AVE tickets trains quickly and easily online, with no booking fee, and print them in the convenience of your home.
- A. First class on the Spanish day train offers large, comfortable reclining seats, friendly staff to serve you drinks and light snacks at your seat and major routes have audio and video programs at your seat. Second class on the Spanish day train offers generous legroom, bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase and major routes have audio and video programs at your seat.
answered | Posted by Peter B. | Comments 2 | Created: 07/12/2015
answered | Posted by Peter B. | Comments 0 | Created: 06/12/2015
answered | Posted by David H. | Comments 0 | Created: 27/09/2015
answered | Posted by Nasir A. | Comments 2 | Created: 10/09/2015
answered | Posted by Stephanie S. | Comments 0 | Created: 02/08/2015
Reviews & ratings UK Trains
Overall rating (145)
Overall appreciationExcellent 34% Very good 37% Average 21% Poor 2% Terrible 5%
- "LONDON EUSTON - MANCHESTER PIC" Joseph g. 29/08/2016
Being a first timer to the UK I found it easy to catch the train.Staff were also very helpful.Generally,enjoyed the experience. Value for money Convenience
- "London to Edinburgh " Allan c. 26/08/2016
Booked tickets online, printed tickets at any station with good easy to use instructions received via email. A lot of details given via email. First class seating excellent value for money with comfortable seats, clean train and toilets and free Wifi. Food was small but of very good quality however staff unfriendly. Lack of assistance with luggage so be prepared to lug your bags yourself. Overall really good experience Value for money Convenience
- "Enjoyable trip" Kathleen Blanche w. 26/08/2016
This was a great journey. I enjoyed using the first class lounge and the fact lunch on the train was included was an unexpected bonus. Value for money Convenience
- "Great trip " Penelope m. 26/08/2016
The trip was very comfortable and on e were officials around at St Pancras to confirm which was the correct train. I all a good experience . The booking system is excellent . Value for money Convenience
- "London to Edinburgh in style!" Anne l. 22/08/2016
Travelled first class. The service was excellent and the journey was comfortable. I would definitely use Virgin Trains EC again! Anne Value for money Convenience
- "Good but not excellent" Christine s. 22/08/2016
We travelled by train in First Class from London to Edinburgh which was excellent-food, service, comfort Value for money Convenience
- "First class all the way" Fiona a. 21/08/2016
Travelled from London to Aberdeen and purchased a couple of first class seats. Being from overseas was not sure of the service offered. The seating size was excellent, and the food service was excellent. The time flew by. Value for money Convenience
- "Train to Edinburgh" Graeme h. 19/08/2016
Great trip, lovely views along the way, friendly fellow-travellers, would do it again in a heartbeat Value for money Convenience
- "Average" Robert c. 18/08/2016
Luggage racks not big enough Value for money Convenience
- "Unhappy with seating" Christine u. 02/08/2016
We had booked and paid for our trip 2 months ahead. When boarding found our seats were taken. We had our ticket but was told there was a problem and no seating was allocated. All customers were confused and angry. It looked like we were going to have to sit separately however through the good nature of another passanger we sat together. This was very unsatisfactory as we had done what was asked of us and was confronted with angry passangers and no one to sort it out. Value for money Convenience
- "Excellent Service" . 27/07/2016
- "London-Edinburgh" . 27/07/2016
The trip and service very good in fact wished had made return journey by train. I was given excellent help to board the train being an older person.
- "Seating issue" Pauline Victoria h. 21/07/2016
We were in 2 rear facing seats. I booked quite a bit in advance and appreciate families are given preference for table seating but more tables would have been good on such a long journey. Not so cramped. Value for money Convenience
- "Delays and cancellations" Russ p. 19/07/2016
Several trains prior and ours were cancelled and we finally got a later departure and went across the country and down the west coast. We paid for 1st Class and were lucky to get a seat in 36 Value for money Convenience
- "Durham to Edinburgh trip" . 18/07/2016
I really enjoyed my trip, train was comfortable, quiet and very pleasant. My only criticism would be travellers leaving all their food and drink rubbish when they got off the train, some of which was on the floor, other than that no complaints.