Europe Summer Sales: Great deals to tour Europe!
Save up to AU$ 90 on your booking and enjoy a wonderful summertime in Europe!
- London - Edinburgh: 04:19
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 60 days in advance
- High speed trains
UK trains link all Britain from London to Oxford, Glasgow to Edinburg and Cardiff to Birmingham etc.
The United Kingdom is place of great contrasts. From the capital London the rail network spreads out across three different countries reaching up to the dramatic mountains in Scotland to the small towns and villages in Wales and past farmland and busy cities and into the quiet of the lakes and rolling hills of England. London is at the centre of the UK rail network. It has no less than 14 train stations. The 23 different train operators cover every major city and town from East to West and North to South. Although not all of the trains are high speed, there’s something romantic about soaking up the countryside as you sit comfortably, looking out of the window with a cup of tea. Booking tickets on so many different operators can be tricky so why not get your tickets here? Rail Europe partners with the UK rail network to offer the cheapest prices and a choice of tickets to suit you.
Popular journeys and travel durations
If you are based in London there are several easy day trips you can take on the train, from Oxford and Cambridge to Brighton and Windsor and more.
|London||Stratford Upon A||01:59||AU$ 13|
|Hull Gb||London||02:34||AU$ 56|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- UK Trains tickets are open for booking 60 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ Station
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Recommended for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket when offered by the train carrier. With the included reservation, you are guaranteed a seat to make your journey more enjoyable.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Avoid the queues… most stations will have the self-service ticket machines where you can easily collect the tickets you have bought from this website. First class ticket holders can make the most of any first class lounges at the main city stations.
|First class||Second class|
|Snacks and beverages Whenever you feel peckish, you can buy something on board to eat or drink. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board certain trains. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
- A. No you can’t. You need to buy your Swiss pass before coming to Europe.
Q. What is Rail Europe's cancellation policy for passes, point-to-point tickets, overnight trains, and specialty trains?A. Tickets and passes are neither refundable nor replaceable if stolen or lost. Refunds, when applicable, are limited to totally unused, and un-validated passes, tickets and inclusive packages. A minimum 15% cancellation charge applies. Refund amount for tickets will vary depending on the type of fare purchased. Please check the details for more specific refund policies for each ticket. For passes and packages please look at the Terms and Conditions. Sleepers: if cancelled and space released with the station of departure at least 24 hours before train departs, are generally 85% refundable. If reservation is not cancelled, no refund will be granted. Once in Europe, most tickets must be stamped as NOT USED before the Train Departure Date (for reservations) or the 1st day of validity (for tickets and passes) to be entiteled for refund. If you have already purchased your pass or tickets, please review the terms and conditions that come with your documents for specific information about the cancellation policy for each pass or ticket. To receive your refund for pass, documents must be returned to the issuing office within 6 months of the date of issuance (or 1st year depending on the pass). To receive you refund on combined tickets and reservations, they must be returned to the issuing office within 60 days. Click here to get the adress in our Contact Us section.
- A. Some passes may be purchased in Europe at a higher cost. It is best to place your order before you departure to ensure that you have your paper documents in hand.
- A. The Eurail Select Pass is valid on trains operated by the national railways of the three to five bordering countries you select. However, some trains require seat reservations. For example, for many high-speed services, international trains, scenic trains and all night trains, an advance reservation is compulsory.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer two classes of travel: first class and second class. First Class ticket holders will receive a welcome drink, a snack and a daily Italian newspaper. Either travel class you may choose, you will be able to surf the Net on Frecciarossa trains using a USB key or any other portable device equipped with a Wi-Fi antenna.
- A. The minimum check-in time for passengers with Business First tickets is 20 minutes. For passengers boarding ski trains, and passengers holding regular tickets, check-in time is 30 minutes.
- A. No, travel on Eurostar requires a separate ticket. However, many rail passes include discounted rates for the Eurostar called a Passholder fare. To see a list of passes that allow these fares select "details" when viewing fares with a pass.
- A. A Swiss Pass enables you to travel free of charge in the Swiss public transport services for periods ranging from four days to one month in 41 cities.
- A. Eurostar journeys can be booked up to 6 months in advance of the return date of travel. Eurostar Direct services to Disneyland Resort Paris have a longer booking period and are made available further in advance. And Eurostar Direct seasonal services to the French Alps and Avignon are opened for sale for the entire season.
answered | Posted by Peter B. | Comments 2 | Created: 07/12/2015
answered | Posted by Peter B. | Comments 0 | Created: 06/12/2015
answered | Posted by David H. | Comments 0 | Created: 27/09/2015
answered | Posted by Nasir A. | Comments 2 | Created: 10/09/2015
answered | Posted by Stephanie S. | Comments 0 | Created: 02/08/2015
Reviews & ratings UK Trains
Overall rating (145)
Overall appreciationExcellent 34% Very good 37% Average 21% Poor 2% Terrible 5%
- "Delays and cancellations" Russ p. 19/07/2016
Several trains prior and ours were cancelled and we finally got a later departure and went across the country and down the west coast. We paid for 1st Class and were lucky to get a seat in 36 Value for money Convenience
- "Durham to Edinburgh trip" . 18/07/2016
I really enjoyed my trip, train was comfortable, quiet and very pleasant. My only criticism would be travellers leaving all their food and drink rubbish when they got off the train, some of which was on the floor, other than that no complaints.
- "Eurostar - Paris to London " Brian Julian w. 17/07/2016
Thank goodness we allowed an hour and a half between the TGV from Avignon and the Eurostar Paris to London. We stood in a queue for the whole time waiting to go through customs. It was appalling - 2 people on duty for the hundreds of people travelling. surely the train people and the customs people can communivpcate the numbers travelling and adjust the officers on duty. The train was half an hour late leaving. I am not travelling by that train service ever again and certainly will be giving my friends and family the same advice Margaret Webb Melbourne Australia Value for money Convenience
- "Inflexable" Amanda m. 16/07/2016
I booked the trip and then had a family emergency and had to change the dates and was told it was not possible and no refund either. Was possible either as we are in Australia. So we flew to Edin from London instead as I was not going to pay Rail Europe any more money. Value for money Convenience
- "Campbell Family Trip" Alex c. 13/07/2016
It is so rare to have ones expectations reached and near impossible to have them exceeded. This was certainly the case with the train trip from London to Edinburgh. The whole experience was superb. Bravo to all involved. Value for money Convenience
- "Well organised trip" Susan Alma s. 13/07/2016
Booking on line was easy to organise and ticket was received within a couple of days. Once I realised that carriage numbers etc were displayed on the side of each carriage finding my seat was easy and the journey went very quickly. I would be happy to recommend your service to other travellers. Value for money Convenience
- "To Edinburgh from Kings Cross" Cynthia g. 13/07/2016
Very comfortable clean train. Surprised by the free drinks and snacks. Enjoyed just sitting looking out the window! Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable trip" . 10/07/2016
The trip was comfortable and pleasant. However, our trip on 9 June from Barcelona to Paris booked through rail Europe DEFINATELY was not value for money. We booked FIRST CLASS, paid a lot of money, and it was no comparison to the service we received on the Eurostar on 13 June. No complimentary food or drink, not even a bottle of water for a 6 and a half hour journey. The only extra of wider seats was not worth the money we paid. I would not recommend travelling first class on this service to anyone.
- "Virgin Train" . 10/07/2016
Better than we expected. We booked well in advance through Rail Europe. Got very good price. The journey itself was enjoyable with excellent 'table service', breakfast, lunch
- "Train - Edinburgh to London" Paul c. 09/07/2016
The journey is trouble free. Comfortable. Assigned seats marked as prebooked. Value for money Convenience
- "DELAYED but REPAID" Barry h. 09/07/2016
We arrived 90 minutes late because an earlier train broke down and had to unload its passengers onto our train causing overcrowding . However we have been offered a 50% refund . Otherwise al would have been fine . Value for money Convenience
- "London/Manchester" . 08/07/2016
Excellent service. Train running on time. Clean and comfortable.
- "Not very pleasant " Elizabeth c. 07/07/2016
Nowhere to store larger luggage. Had to stand the whole journey to look after suitcase. Other commuters unwilling to share seats so we could easily keep an eye on our suitcase and be comfortable. Very unpleasant and expensive trip. Value for money Convenience
- "Can do better" Brian m. 05/07/2016
Comfort was reduced as seat would not stay upright. Train toilets were very poor and were not well cleaned or cleaned often enough. Food choices were very limited. Staff were good but were stretched Not up to 1st Class standard Value for money Convenience
- "Comfort plus" Andrew s. 29/06/2016
It was more comfortable than travelling on the plane. Quite and great leg room. Value for money Convenience