Save AU$ 45 with code EUROPE1734 - book 3 months in advance
Save AU$ 30 with code EUROPE1718 - book 2 months in advance
Save AU$ 15 with code EUROPE1702 - book 1 month in advance
- London - Edinburgh: 04:19
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 60 days in advance
- High Speed trains
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
UK trains link all Britain from London to Oxford, Glasgow to Edinburg and Cardiff to Birmingham etc.
The United Kingdom is place of great contrasts. From the capital London the rail network spreads out across three different countries reaching up to the dramatic mountains in Scotland to the small towns and villages in Wales and past farmland and busy cities and into the quiet of the lakes and rolling hills of England. London is at the centre of the UK rail network. It has no less than 14 train stations. The 23 different train operators cover every major city and town from East to West and North to South. Although not all of the trains are high speed, there’s something romantic about soaking up the countryside as you sit comfortably, looking out of the window with a cup of tea. Booking tickets on so many different operators can be tricky so why not get your tickets here? Rail Europe partners with the UK rail network to offer the cheapest prices and a choice of tickets to suit you.
Popular journeys and travel durations
If you are based in London there are several easy day trips you can take on the train, from Oxford and Cambridge to Brighton and Windsor and more.
|London||Stratford Upon A||01:59||AU$ 12|
|Hull Gb||London||02:34||AU$ 53|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- UK Trains tickets are open for booking 60 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ Station
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Recommended for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket when offered by the train carrier. With the included reservation, you are guaranteed a seat to make your journey more enjoyable.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Avoid the queues… most stations will have the self-service ticket machines where you can easily collect the tickets you have bought from this website. First class ticket holders can make the most of any first class lounges at the main city stations.
|First class||Second class|
|Snacks and beverages Whenever you feel peckish, you can buy something on board to eat or drink. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board certain trains. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. No. You have to buy your Eurail Select Pass before travelling to Europe. Eurail passes can be bought up to 11 months in advance of your travel date.
- A. Validation of your pass is having a Rail Official at the train station stamp your pass as valid.
- A. Generally, dogs are permitted on trains. Sometimes they may need to be contained in a pet carrier, or they may have to wear a muzzle or leash. Dogs normally travel at half the fare of a 2nd class ticket; this charge is payable directly to the conductor. Pets are not allowed on trains in Great Britain, Spain, Ireland, Norway, and Finland. Currently the only animals that will be permitted to travel on the Eurostar are guide dogs for the visually impaired.
- A. Toilets are easily accessible on all the trains and are usually marked with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each train car (also known as a coach), and will include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
- A. You can request 2 passengers in a double compartment. If there are no Double compartments available, you can then book a shared T3 but keep in mind, the third bed will be occupied by another passenger.
Q. There is also a train connection from Munich to Prague, can I use these trains to travel to Prague with the coupon?A. No, the German Rail Pass Extension is only valid on the DB Expressbus between Munich/Nuremberg and Prague.
Q. I've purchased a single country pass. What do I do if I decide to visit an additional, bordering country?A. Your railpass covers you to the border city of the country you are traveling in. You will need to purchase additional tickets to travel in any country not covered on your pass. If you are planning to travel to more than one city, you may want to consider upgrading your pass to cover an additional country.
- A. If you are having trouble determining what is the best pass for you, click on the blue square button " Search passes ". You'll be helped, on line, to select the best pass for your trip.
Q. How do I file a request to receive reimbursement through the Rail Protection Plan if there has been loss or theft ?A. Pass/ticket holders must file a police report within twenty-four (24) hours of the incident. Pass/ticket holders may purchase a replacement rail pass or rail tickets in order to continue with his/her travel plans. Upon return to your country, pass/tickets holder must submit a request to Rail Europe within thirty (30) days including a police report, replacement passes or tickets purchased abroad, airline tickets to/from Europe. A brief explanation of the situation is also necessary to better evaluate the traveler request form.
- A. Passes are non-transferable as travelers name appears on the Railpass, and are valid for 6 months from date of purchase, which offers you the opportunity to reschedule your trip.
answered | Posted by Peter B. | Comments 2 | Created: 07/12/2015
answered | Posted by Peter B. | Comments 0 | Created: 06/12/2015
answered | Posted by David H. | Comments 0 | Created: 27/09/2015
answered | Posted by Nasir A. | Comments 2 | Created: 10/09/2015
answered | Posted by Stephanie S. | Comments 0 | Created: 02/08/2015
Reviews & ratings UK Trains
Overall rating (145)
Overall appreciationExcellent 34% Very good 37% Average 21% Poor 2% Terrible 5%
- "2nd class adequate " Paul o. 25/11/2016
The seat was a little crammed when someone was sitting next to me but as the ride continued the train thinned out and I could spread out and relax more. You get what you pay for and 2nd class was okay for 3 hours. Good price. Value for money Convenience
- "Enjoyable trip to Edinburgh" Heather r. 10/11/2016
Great train and great service. I definitely use Virgin trains again...well done team. Value for money Convenience
- "Great train to Edinburgh" Michael John Francis f. 28/10/2016
The Virgin train trip from London Kings X to Edinburgh was smooth and comfortable. In first class, seats were good, as was the food service, offering both a late breakfast and lunch. This is a hassle free commute between major cities, giving us time to catch up on our reading, emails or snoozes. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable" Leo Michael s. 26/10/2016
We paid for first class and did not get the seating and treatment as indicated on the paperwork that came with the tickets. No Wi fi and the power points were not USB, in future it would be appropriate to have USB instead of power points. Apart from this, it was a comfortable trip. Value for money Convenience
- "Kings Cross - Edinburgh" Elizabetj d. 22/10/2016
Happy with the service I received. Train was on time. Value for money Convenience
- "Easy peasy" . 17/10/2016
Great trip...all efficient...but did have a bit of a hold up as we had to print our tickets at the station rather than receiving them any other way..and this process wasn't terribly obvious.
- "Great trip-but packed train" Fiona m. 16/10/2016
We had pre booked two seats from London to Edinburgh, all good and seats comfy, enough room so all good. Trip still great until a train was delayed (or broken down) at York so our fairly full train had to take on extra people. We stood to give two old people (in their 80's) our seats, a large number of other people had to stand as well. At one stage we were asked (the standing people) to move (squash) into the next carriage so the food and beverage trolley could move to the next carriage (or the train would have to stop we were told). So while it was a good trip we had to stand for over an hour which was tedious. Value for money Convenience
- "Cheltenham Spa to Paddington" Ross d. 13/10/2016
Great Western Line: Train had reserved seating and kept to timetable. For overseas visitors it is a great pity that bookings for British trains cannot be made earlier than 60 days before travel. Value for money Convenience
- "Smooth and Expensive" Jill k. 10/10/2016
The booked travel worked seamlessly. Collecting the tickets was easy. reserved seats a necessity due to full train. UK train travel is expensive by Aust standards, but we saved by booking early. Value for money Convenience
- "Happy Traveller" Dianne s. 29/09/2016
I had my first train trip in the UK booked with you, I found that it was coordinated well good value and comfortable, I had 3 more trips booked and they went as well as the first. Value for money
- "Sensational Journey" Michael h. 29/09/2016
My Partner and I had an amazing trip in fact the comfort and service was such that the trip felt to short. Thank You Value for money Convenience
- "Relaxing Journey" Therese t. 29/09/2016
Very good way to make the trip to Edinburgh. Staff very friendly. Value for money Convenience
- "Train ride to Bristol" Philip h. 23/09/2016
As a first time user of this service I was relieved to find the printing of the pre booked tickets and finding correct platform was easy. We found our reserved seats but were intrigued that you received two tickets per ride, one ticket shows you have paid Value for money Convenience
- "Liverpool to Euston. " Judith s. 18/09/2016
The travel to London went well. Wifi makes the trip go quicker also. Great reception. seats compy and food was ok too. Value for money Convenience
- "First class or standard" Mark j. 17/09/2016
Trip was good. Don't bother with first class it's just not worth it. Value for money Convenience