RAIL EUROPE SAS is a French company with capital of 1 179 655 euros, with registered office located at Les Collines de l’Arche, Immeuble Concorde B, 76 route de la Demi-Lune, 92800 Puteaux, France.
Registered in the Nanterre Register Trade and Companies under number 401 714 993.
Registered in the French Register of Travel Agents and Tour Operators ("Registre des opérateurs de voyages et de séjours") under number IM075160030.
Financial guarantee company: Atradius Credit Insurance NV, 44 avenue Georges Pompidou, 92300 Levallois-Perret, France
Companies Register: AXA Corporate Solutions Assurance, 4 rue Jules Lefebvre, 75009 Paris, France
Article 1 - Use of data
The information that You provide on the Website, as well as when contacting the contact centres, allow RAIL EUROPE and its Partners (rail transporters and in particular SNCF and its subsidiaries, tourism service providers) to process and execute your Orders.
In compliance with Article 32 of the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978, the information collected is necessary for RAIL EUROPE and its Partners to process and execute the orders. The information is also used to better know You and thus improve the services offered to You.
The information collected by RAIL EUROPE is collected in compliance with regulations, including the Australian Privacy Act 1988.
The information may be provided to its Partners, in particular in foreign countries.
RAIL EUROPE collects the following information:
- Personal information: last name, first name, date of birth, postal address, email address, telephone number;
- Bank information: Bank card number, card holder number and expiration date.
- The site offers a free "Newsletter" service to web users. This letter contains information allowing web users to better use the Website and highlights new items on the Website as well as the current best offers.
In accordance with the French Data Protection Act, for web users who do not wish to receive the newsletter, RAIL EUROPE offers the possibility of unsubscribing by a simple mouse click.
Article 2 - Right of opposition
In compliance with the provisions of French Law no. 78-17 of 6 January 1978, You have the right of opposition that can be exercised by sending a letter to Customer Service by completing the electronic form available in the "Contact us" heading.
To unsubscribe from the Newsletter, the right of opposition may also be exercised:
- By clicking on the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of the Newsletter. Please note that requests are only taken into account if you receive a confirmation message. If this is not the case, you can complete the electronic form available in the "Contact us" heading.
- If You expressly refusal to receive the RAIL EUROPE Newsletter, You can still make new reservations or make new orders on the Website with the same email address, without receiving additional Newsletters unless you make the express request.
Article 3 - Right of access, modification and deletion
In accordance with the provisions of Articles 38 to 40 of Law no. 78-17 of 6 January 1978, You have the right to access, modify, rectify, and delete Your personal information. You may exercise this right:
- Either by sending a letter to the Customer Service department by completing the electronic form available under the "Contact us" heading.
- Or, if you have a customer account, you may modify, rectify, update and correct all of the information contained in your account under the "My personal information" heading.
Article 4 - Cookies and browsing the Website
In accordance with the provisions of Articles 38 to 40 of Law no. 78-17 of 6 January 1978, You have the right to access, modify, rectify, and delete Your personal information.
Some non-personal information may be collected when you browse the Website, such as the version of your web browser, the type of operating system used (Linux, Windows, MacOs, iOS, Android, etc.) and the IP (Internet protocol) address of the device You use (computer, smart phone, tablet, etc.).
In addition, your use of the Website may involve the storage of "cookie" files in your computer, which can simplify your visit of the Website and improve the ergonomics of the dialogue between the Website and your computer. Only the cookie issuer is able to read and change the information that is contained in a cookie.
You may accept or reject the storage of cookies in your computer under the conditions described in Article 4.2 below.
Your refusal or deletion of certain cookies needed for the functioning of the Website may prevent you from accessing certain essential services of the Website, such as making reservations or purchasing services, or accessing your personal space, for example. If this is the case, RAIL EUROPE has no liability for the consequences related to the deteriorated functioning of the Website services resulting from the inability to use the cookies necessary for their functioning that you have refused or deleted.
Moreover, cookies may be included in the advertising areas of the Website. These areas display advertising content from advertisers.
As such, information relating to your device’s browsing on the Website may be saved in cookie files used for advertising purposes depending on the choices expressed concerning cookies, which you may modify at any time in the conditions described in Article 4.2 below.
To assist You in your choices on the protection of your privacy and your experience browsing Our Website, the cookies RAIL EUROPE manages on the Website may be used in order to:
- establish statistics and volumes concerning the frequency and use of various elements of the Website (headings and content visited, browsing path), and allow Us to improve the interest and the ergonomics of the services consulted on the Website;
- adapt the presentation of the Website to the display preferences of your device (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.);
- adapt the advertising content displayed on your device, depending on its browsing on the Website and the personal data that You have provided to Us;
- store information from a form that you completed on the Website (registration or account access) or from products, services or information that you have selected on the Website (content of a shopping cart, etc.);
- allow You to access reserved areas of the Website, through the use of identifiers chosen when your personal account was created.
If you share the use of your device with a third-party
If your device is used by several people or if your device has several browsers, We cannot ensure that the services or advertising content displayed on that device when the Website is viewed will correspond to your own use of the Website and not to those of another user of that device.
As the case may be, sharing your device with others and the cookie settings on the browser used is your own decision and your own responsibility.
Cookies managed by third parties
When You browse the website, third-party companies may place cookies on your device, depending on the choices you made earlier or at any time, under the conditions described in Article 4.2 below.
As the case may be, the cookies issued by these third parties may, for the duration of the validity of the cookies, allow them to:
- recognise your device for later browsing on any other website or service on which these third parties also issue cookies and, as the case may be, adapt these third-party websites and services or the advertising they distribute to the browsing habits of your device that they may know about;
- adapt the presentation of the contents of these third-parties to the display preferences of your device (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.);
- memorise the information from a form that You have completed with these third parties (registration for one of their services) or for products, services or information that You have chosen with the third party in question (purchase of a third-party service, etc.).
4.2 How to express Your choices concerning cookies
Your choices expressed directly with your device
You can authorise or reject the saving of cookies on your device using the appropriate settings in your browser software. Be aware that the settings of each browser are different. These are described in Your browser’s help menu, which provides information on how to change Your cookie settings.
Article 5 - Other Communications
Users may receive communications from the Website in the following cases:
- Creation of a customer account: You will receive a welcome email containing your user name and your password.
- Requests to close an account: when closing your account, You will be sent an email notifying you of the account closure.
- Purchase of travel, reservation or cancellation: For all reservations, purchases, modifications or cancellations of reservations for travel, You will receive a confirmation by email.
- Help making orders: If you do not complete an order made on the Website, RAIL EUROPE may send You an email offering its help.
- Requesting assistance or submitting questions and/or suggestions: RAIL EUROPE will respond by email to users who request assistance in obtaining information on their orders, connecting to the Website or accessing their accounts.
- Games-contests: RAIL EUROPE may organise games and contests and send You a newsletter allowing You to register and participate, after previously accepting its rules. If You decide to register for such games and contests, RAIL EUROPE may send you an email about your participation.
- Participation in game-contests: As part of games and contests, after You have registered and given your advance authorisation, You may be offered commercial offerings from time to time by the third-party partners of RAIL EUROPE.
- Emailing: RAIL EUROPE may occasionally present offers to reward your loyalty.
ARTICLE 6 - PROTECTION OF INFORMATION PROVIDED
In respect of the trust shown by the web user when connecting to the Website to organise and purchase travel, RAIL EUROPE is attentive to the protection of the information that it collects. To ensure this protection, it has put in place a system to secure the information stored in its systems.
The RAIL EUROPE computer systems are equipped with data encryption and a software-based protection system.
Article 7 - Partner websites and social networks
Users can access, using hyperlinks on the Website, websites of partners that are not governed by these provisions for the protection of private information. It is therefore recommended that Users review the rules applicable to the use and disclosure of information they provide on these websites.
In addition, the Website uses social network plug-ins such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. (hereinafter referred to collectively as "Social Networks").
If you interact using these plug-ins, for example by clicking on the "Like" or "Share" buttons, the information on your use of the Website and your adherence to these social networks shall be sent and saved on a server of the company operating these Social Network, in accordance with the conditions of use of the Social Network in question.
If you do not want a Social Network to link the information collected through the Website to the user account of the Social Network in question, you must disconnect from this Social Network prior to visiting the Website. The use of these plug-ins or buttons is managed by the Social Networks and is exclusively governed by the terms and conditions linking you to the Social Network that you belong to.