The Eurail Greek Islands Pass allows you to travel between Italy and Greece, and around Greek islands. The Eurail Greek Islands Pass is used to board ferries which are operated by Attica. You can have a total of 6 ferry crossings, which consists of 2 international crossings (Italy<>Greece), and 4 domestic crossings to visit Greek islands.
All international crossings include a return trip.
- Patras from/to Ancona or Bari
- Igoumenitsa from/to Ancona or Bari
- Corfu from/to Ancona or Bari
The domestic routes are :
- Piraeus-Heraklion (the line is jointly operated with ANEK Lines)
- Piraeus-Syros-Paros-Naxos-Santorini-Iraklia-Schinoussa-Koufonissi-Donoussa-Amorgos (Katapola & Aegiali)-Astypalaia
- Piraeus-Syros-Amorgos (Katapola)*-Patmos-Leros-Kos-Rhodes
- Piraeus-Chios-Lesvos (Mytilene)
* The line with a star is operated only during summer season (e.g. Katapola).
The Eurail Attica Pass gives you access to 26 Greek islands. You can choose to visit some of the most famous islands which include Crete, Kos, Lesvos, Rhodes, Mykonos and Santorini, or visit other ones.
Whether you want to visit the mesmerizing Greek islands or experience an original way to travel between Greece and Italy, the Eurail Greek Islands Pass is key for unforgettable moments.
Things to know
Who can buy a pass?
Any persons living in a non-European country can use the Eurail Greek Islands Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
For international crossings, if you have a 1st class pass, you are entitled to a bed in a shared 4-bed cabin with facilities. If you have a 2nd class pass, you are entitled to comfortable seats aboard.
For domestic crossings, both 1st and 2nd class pass holders are entitled to Economy Class.
We recommend that you reserve crossings at least 1 month in advance (Telephone: +30 210 8919 130, +30 210 8919 700). It is highly advisable to arrive at least 1h30 before departure at the port, for both international and domestic journey’s.
How to use the Eurail Greek Islands Pass?
When you complete your booking, you will receive a booking reference number. Use the booking reference number to pick up your boarding pass (Attica Ferry Ticket) at the embarkation ports (Ancona, Bari, Piraeus, Rafina and all domestic islands).
You must start using your pass within 6 months of the date of purchase. It must be validated by an Attica official at the first port.
You must be in possession of an Attica boarding pass, before boarding any ferry. Boarding passes are issued at the following location:
- Adriatic Sea Port Agencies (Bari, Ancona, Igoumenitsa, Corfu, Patras)
- Piraeus Port Agency (Port Agency GELASAKIS STC, 6, Aristidou str., GR-18531, Piraeus. Telephone: +30 210 4222440 (English speakers available). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Attica Group Port Agencies (Superfast Ferries / Blue Star Ferries official port agencies, situated in each domestic route port).
The Eurail Greek Islands Passs is valid for 6 trips within a 1-month period. One crossing is counted as one trip in the Travel Calendar (not as a travel day). All international crossings include a free return trip.
Trips may be taken consecutively or non-consecutively. The pass includes a TRAINOSE rail/bus transfer from the international port of Patras to the domestic port of Piraeus.