This exciting excursion combines the perfect blend of outdoor activities and picture-perfect views. Gaze out at 24 snow-capped peaks – including the Eiger, Mönch, Jungfrau, Matterhorn, Grand Combin and even Mont Blanc in the distance, as you ascend in the cable car up to the Glacier 3000 mountain station. Enjoy this alpine paradise allowing visitors the opportunity to ski, hike on the glacier plateau, snowboard, or even experience a dogsled ride. Feeling adventurous? Take a stroll on the Tissot Peak Walk, a 107 metre long suspension bridge connecting two peaks together and providing stunning views. Or maybe a ride on the Alpine Coaster, the world’s highest toboggan run. This excursion will fill your day with memories that will last a lifetime, an experience that simply makes you feel alive!
Experience the thrill of Glacier 3000 with this great excursion
- Board the cable car in Col du Pillon to the Glacier 3000 mountain station
- Dramatic panoramic views of 24 snow-capped peaks including the well-known Jungfrau, Matterhorn, Eiger, and Mont BlancIssued as an exchange voucher
- Tissot Peak Walk – 107 m long (351 feet) suspension bridge with stunning views connecting two peaks
- Children under 6 travel free sharing adult passenger’s seat
- Discount offered with Swiss Travel Pass
- Ice Express Chairlift: your ride to the Glacier and many activities including Glacier Walk and Fun Park
- Roundtrip travel from Col du Pillon to Glacier 3000 by cable car.
- Peak Walk by Tissot: suspension footbridge of 107m/351ft length, open year-round, free of charge.
- Includes Ice Express Chairlift, Glacier Walk and Fun Park.
- Discounted fares are from Col du Pillon to Glacier 3000 when traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Half Fare Card and Eurail Pass that includes Switzerland, please refer to the type of pass you have when selecting your tickets.
- Eurail Pass holders and Swiss Half Fare Card holders will need to purchase an additional ticket for the postal bus from Gstaad or Les Diablerets to Col du Pillon. (Les Diablerets is 3/4 mile from Col du Pillon).
- All child rates are valid for children ages 6 -15.
- Children under 6 are free.
- Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note: these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
- Train tickets and the Swiss Transfer ticket are not valid for rail pass discounts.
- Exchange voucher for actual ticket within 6 months of date of issue with cashier at the valley station in Col du Pillon.
- Tickets are valid for six months from date of purchase.
- Cable car operates daily every 20 minutes to summit station Glacier 3000 from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm. (Travel time: 15 minutes).
- Prices are subject to change.
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. I have my train ticket. Do I also need to buy a reservation?
A. Rail Europe train tickets usually include a reservation whenever possible. In other words, if you’re taking a train that requires a reservation, one will already be included with your train ticket from us. If you’re boarding a train that offers reservations but doesn’t require them, tickets sold on our website will include one, if available, at the time of booking.
For certain trains that offer reservations but don’t require them, it is possible that we do not include a seat reservation with your train ticket. This may happen when we don’t have access to those reservations, which can only be purchased locally. Rest assured that even if this is the case, your Rail Europe train ticket will still allow you to board and sit at any unoccupied seat.
Q. I received my e-ticket as a pdf but wasn’t able to print it. Can I print it at the station?
A. French print at home e-tickets can be re-issued from a self-service kiosk at the station. You will need the e-ticket # located on your booking confirmation email.
Eurostar print at home e-tickets can be re-issued at the Eurostar desk in the departure station, but there is a 15£ fee per ticket. You will need the e-ticket # located on your booking confirmation email.
No other print at home e-tickets can be re-issued at the station.
Q. How can I subscribe to or unsubscribe from your e newsletter?
A. You can subscribe or unsubscribe from our e-newsletter at any time from your Rail Europe online account page. You will also find newsletter signup forms throughout our site, just enter your email address to begin receiving tips, deals, and offers in your inbox!
To unsubscribe, you can simply click the unsubscribe link found at the footer of our e-newsletter. This will unsubscribe you immediately.
Q. My credit card has been declined. What should I do next?
A. If your credit card has been declined it’s important to first make sure that you have entered your credit card information correctly. Next, check to make sure that the funds required are available in your account as the transaction may have been declined by your card issuer for this reason.
To protect our customers, we also employ a booking verification system to help us identify and block suspicious transactions. It is possible that certain characteristics associated with your booking or method of payment has triggered an alert with our booking verification system. If you continue to experience difficulty, please contact us via our Contact Us page for assistance. Alternatively, you can also try to use a different credit card.
Q. Are the train tickets you send me the actual tickets, or do I need to exchange them at the station?
A. If you selected the paper delivery option, then yes – the travel documents you receive from us in the mail are your actual train tickets. Do not lose them, because we cannot replace them.
Only the original paper ticket will be accepted onboard the train. No other document such as a print out of the email invoice can be used in lieu of the original paper train ticket.
Q. What should I do if the train is late?
A. It depends if you’re traveling with train tickets that include a reservation or with open tickets. If your train ticket includes a reservation, then it’s only valid for travel on the train for which it was issued. If the train is late, you’ll need to wait until it arrives.
If you’re traveling with open tickets you can decide to take another train, as long is it doesn’t require a reservation and travels the same route as the one for which your open ticket was issued.
Q. Can I choose a specific seat on a train when making my reservation?
A. At this time, it’s not possible to choose a specific seat on our website when booking a reservation.
Q. If I bought my rail pass from another company, can I still book my seat reservations through Rail Europe?
A. Yes. You can book your reservation with Rail Europe regardless of where you purchased your rail pass.
Q. I haven't departed for Europe yet and want to exchange or refund my train ticket. How do I proceed?
A. There are different ways you can exchange or refund a train ticket prior to your departure to Europe, but they depend in whether you booked a paper ticket or e-ticket.
If you booked a paper train ticket, the original ticket must be returned to us for the refund to be finalized. Please visit the Contact Us page for further information.
It’s strongly suggested that you send your documents by some type of traceable mail for proof of delivery.
If you booked an e-ticket from our website, you can usually complete the refund online via our Cancellation and Refund page. The refund will be processed immediately and no further action on your part will be required.
Similar to the previous situation, the original paper train ticket must be returned to us for the exchange to be processed. Visit our Contact Us page to begin the exchange process for paper tickets, or the Cancellation and Refund page for e-tickets.
When exchanging tickets, you are responsible for paying the difference in fare, as well as any applicable fees for your new train tickets. Please keep in mind that exchanges on train tickets are only permitted for the same city pair or route originally booked.
Q. How do I change my login or password?
A. If you want or need to change your login information for your Rail Europe account, log in with your current login information. Once logged in, please visit your dashboard where you will be able to edit your profile information.