Life changes by the minute, and in just ten minutes a funicular can easily transport you from Interlaken Ost station to incredible views Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau as well as Lakes Brienz and Thun. Ten minutes is all it takes to ascend over 1,300 metres to the Harder Kulm. See gorgeous scenery en-route as the funicular climbs through charming forests, and you’ll even pass by a wildlife park. Enjoy panoramic views from the “Two-Lakes-Bridge” viewing platform, offering a glass area in the floor allowing for some amazing sightseeing. Treat yourself to a bite to eat at the lovely restaurant, just a five minute walk from the station. If your travel plans include Interlaken, be sure to include a journey to Harder Kulm, spectacular views and lifelong memories await.
Exclusive limited-time Summer offer: use promo code 1SUMMER19 to get AU$130 off bookings of AU$1420 or more. Offer ends 25 June 2019.
Experience the beauty of Harder Kulm with this great excursion
- Travel by funicular railway up to Harder Kulm in only 10 minutes and then a short scenic stroll to the Harder Kulm
- Two Lakes Bridge viewing platform and panorama restaurant offers beautiful views of Eiger, Mönch, and Jungfrau mountains
- Issued as a paper document
- Hiking and theme trails from the Harder Kulm
- Children under 6 travel free sharing adult passenger’s seat
- Discount offered with Swiss Travel PassLive folk music, every Saturday from May to October from 4pm
- Includes round-trip travel from Interlaken to Harder Kulm by funicular.
- Two Lakes Bridge viewing platform and panorama restaurant with spacious terrace offers a beautiful view of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau mountains and of Lake Thun and Lake Brienz.
- Hiking and theme trails from the Harder Kulm.
- Live folk music, every Saturday from 28 May to 22 October 2016 from 4pm.
- Discounted fares are valid with a Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Half Fare Card and Eurail Pass that includes Switzerland, please refer to the type of pass you have when selecting your tickets.
- All child rates are valid for children ages 6 -15.
- Children under 6 are free.
- Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note: these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
- Train tickets and Swiss Transfer tickets are not valid for rail pass discounts.
- Tickets are valid for six months from the date of purchase.
- Operates daily from 14 April.
- Harder funicular railway departs every 30 minutes from approximately 09:10 am to 08:55 pm. Last descent from Harder Kulm 21:40. Restaurant Harder Kulm open daily from 9:30 am to 09:30 pm. Schedules are subject to change.
- Prices are subject to change.
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. How do I use a promo code?
A. Simply enter your valid promo code on the page where you enter your delivery information for your booking during checkout.
Q. Is dinner and/or breakfast included with my reservation on an overnight train?
A. When you travel on an overnight train meal inclusions vary depending on the train you are on, as well as what type of train ticket you have purchased. With the purchase of a Premier class ticket, you will generally get a meal on board the train. This meal is typically breakfast in the morning. Some trains will bring the meal to you in your compartment, while other trains will serve you breakfast in the restaurant car on board the train.
If you are not traveling in a First Class sleeping compartment, don’t worry, you won’t starve on board! Overnight trains all include a restaurant car, bar car or vending machine services containing hot/cold drinks and snacks. Most restaurant/bar cars are open until at least 1:00am. Additionally, you can purchase food before hopping on board the train and eat as you wish. Though not included with the price of your ticket, you can certainly find something to eat during the ride.
Q. Do the train stations offer services to help carry my luggage?
A. Many train stations in Europe have self-service luggage carts that you can use to transport your luggage through the train station. These carts are usually coin-operated and when you return your cart, you’ll get your coin back.
It’s always best to pack light and anticipate that you will need to carry your own luggage. Only a few stations in Europe offer porter services. Also keep in mind that while some stations offer elevators and/or escalators, you may need to carry your luggage up or down stairs to reach the correct train platform.
Q. Can I exchange my train ticket after its date of departure?
A. Unfortunately, this is not possible. If a train ticket can be exchanged, it normally must be done prior to the first date of validity on the ticket or the train’s departure date. However, please consult the “after sales conditions” found on your confirmation email for exact exchange rules pertaining to the train ticket you booked.
Q. How can I tell whether or not I have a reserved seat on board?
A. To tell if you have a reservation, first see if you received one or two travel documents for your trip. If you received two travel documents, you probably received an open train ticket and a reservation. The reservation portion will show a train number, car number and seat number assigned to you personally.
If you received only one document, see if it also indicates a seat number and car number. If so, your train ticket includes a reservation.
Q. What credit cards does Rail Europe accept online?
A. You can use an American Express, Diner’s Club, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa card on our website.
Q. Who should I contact with a question about a special offer?
A. Questions about special offers may be submitted to us by filling in our Contact Form on this website. We will respond within 24-48 hours.
Q. Can I choose whether my tickets or rail passes are delivered as paper documents or electronically?
A. All available delivery options for how your train tickets, rail passes, and/or reservations can be issued will be presented to you during checkout.
Q. Can I choose a specific seat on a train when making my reservation?
A. At this time, it’s not possible to choose a specific seat on our website when booking a reservation.
Q. Can I get a refund for unused days on my rail pass?
A. No. Partially used rail passes cannot be refunded. Only unused rail passes that have not been activated are eligible for a refund within the allowed time frame.