You can begin this scenic excursion from Interlaken, Grindelwald, or Wengen. Board a cogwheel railway for a unique journey, over 2,000 metres above sea level, to Kleine Scheidegg. Get out, stretch your legs, take in the sights and then board the iconic Jungfrau Railway. You will arrive shortly at the Eiger Glacier station – home of a charming mountain restaurant and polar dogs. Your adventure does not end here, you will continue through the Eiger tunnel, stopping to catch glimpses of the alpine scenery along the way to Jungfraujoch, the Top of Europe. This is where you can see some of Switzerland’s most magnificent views – at the highest railway station in Europe, standing over 3,450 metres above sea level. Enjoy a visit to the Ice Palace, see an ice stream nearly 22 kilometers long, and of course, take in the extraordinary alpine scenery that surrounds you. Embrace the majesty of Switzerland with a journey to the Jungfraujoch!
Jungfraujoch Top of Europe
Experience the beauty of the Jungfraujoch at Europe’s highest railway station
- Round trip travel to Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe from Interlaken, Grindelwald or Wengen
- Attractions at the top include the Great Aletsch Glacier, Ice Palace, Ice Gateway, Sphinx observation terrace, Plateau with hiking in the eternal snow, "Top of Europe" Glacier Restaurant, and more
- First travel to Kleine Scheidegg, at the foot of the notorious Eiger North Wall. Continue on the Jungfrau Railway to the Eiger Glacier Station, well known for its mountain restaurant
- Adventure follows through the Eiger tunnel to the Eigerwand and Eismeer stations
- Issued as a paper document
- Children under 6 travel free sharing adult passenger’s seat
- Discount offered with Swiss Travel Pass
• Includes round trip travel to the Jungfraujoch - Top of Europe from Interlaken, Grindelwald or Wengen.
• Scenic trip to Eiger Glacier Station and through the Eiger tunnel to the Eigerwand and Eismeer stations.
• Sightseeing at the Great Aletsch Glacier, Ice Palace, Ice Gateway, Sphinx observation terrace, high alpine research exhibitions and more.
• Discounted rates are only valid with a rail pass that includes Switzerland, please refer to the type of rail pass you have when selecting your tickets.
• All child rates are valid for children ages 6 -15.
• Children under 6 are free.
• Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note: these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
• Train tickets and Swiss Transfer tickets are not valid for rail pass discounts.
• Tickets are valid for six months from the date of purchase.
• Prices are subject to change.
Seat Reservations between Kleine Scheidegg – Jungfraujoch are recommended for travel between (May and October) and are an additional fee. Reservations can be made at the following Jungfraujoch Rail Stations: Interlaken Ost, Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald, Grindelwald-Grund, Murren and Wengen.
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. Are there ATMs on board?
A. While there are ATMs located in most major European train stations, there are none on the trains themselves.
Q. How can I track my shipment?
A. A shipping confirmation email will be sent to you when your booking has shipped and it will contain the tracking number for your travel documents. Please use this email to track your package.
Q. Why does my train ticket say “coach” if I bought a ticket in the First class or Premier Category?
A. Don’t worry – the word “coach” on the ticket is another word for train car. It doesn’t mean you’ll be traveling in “coach” class.
Q. Where can I find specific information regarding the services offered on the train I'll be taking?
A. We try to provide you with as many details about your train trip as possible. When you’re searching for train fares and schedules, click on the train numbers listed on the results page. Choose the class of service you prefer to sit in and you’ll be able to see all onboard services offered.
Q. What constitutes a group?
A. Ten or more people traveling together constitutes a group.
Q. I made a mistake when I ordered my rail pass. How can I correct it?
A. Once your rail pass has been printed, it is not possible to modify it. If you absolutely need to do it, you can pay a 15% penalty and a 7% processing fee to exchange it. If you catch the mistake and call us right away - prior to your rail pass being printed, we may be able to modify it for you. If you bought the Rail Protection Plan™ when you ordered your rail pass, you can exchange your original pass at full value and use it towards the new one, with no fee or penalty incurred. Read more about the Rail Protection Plan™ coverage and how to file a claim.
Q. I placed a booking on your website but received a message saying my booking needs to be reviewed by a Travel Consultant. Why?
A. Sometimes, certain products within your booking are not available for confirmation at the time of booking and one of our Travel Consultants needs to manually confirm your booking. Once confirmed, we will contact you to advise it has been finalized and issued.
Q. How do I get a promo code?
A. The best way to stay informed of all current promotions and to receive promo codes is to create a user account and to subscribe to our newsletter. All publicly available promo codes can be found on our Deals page. We also issue individual, one time use promo codes at our discretion to customers who are eligible for certain discounts or have participated in certain promotions or marketing activities.
Q. Who is eligible to buy a rail pass?
A. Rail passes are available to anyone except residents of Europe, the United Kingdom, Morocco, Turkey or any of the countries of the former Soviet Union. If you’re a resident of these countries we can’t sell you our rail passes, but there are other similar options available to you such as the InterRail pass.
Q. Do you ship to PO and APO boxes?
A. At this time, we are unable to ship to P.O. or A.P.O. boxes.