The Schilthorn alone is a spectacular sight to see, when you mix the beauty of the mountain, with its panoramic views, with James Bond, magic happens! Home to the world’s longest aerial cable-car system, the Schilthorn is also credited with providing an extraordinary set for the Bond classic, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service. On your visit, you will be mesmerized by the most awe-inspiring panoramic views in Switzerland – filled with over 200 mountain peaks, endless glaciers, and lakes. To add even more allure, it is here where you can pay a visit to Piz Gloria, an iconic revolving restaurant which pays tribute to 007. Visitors are welcomed inside with 400 seats all offering amazing views from Mount Titlis to Mont Blanc and far across to the Black Forest. Treat yourself to a Martini as you sit back and relax, the restaurant serves them “shaken not stirred”. If you arrive earlier in the day, enjoy the James Bond breakfast buffet, if you arrive later, you can have a bite of the Spaghetti James Bond. Whatever your culinary choice may be, you can be sure that it will be delicious and pair perfectly with the surrounding views.
Experience the beauty of Schilthorn - Piz Gloria on the world’s longest cable car system
- Round trip travel from Interlaken or Mürren to Schilthorn - Piz Gloria by cable car
- View of over 200 mountain peaks
- Issued as a paper document
- For James Bond fans - the legendary "Martini, shaken not stirred", is available at the revolving restaurant
- Children under 6 travel free sharing adult passenger’s seat
- Included with Swiss Travel Pass
Over 200 Stunning Peaks, and James Bond
- Choice of round-trip travel from Interlanke or Murren in the Bernese Oberland to the Schilthorn – Piz Gloria mountaintop by cable car.
- Travel along the longest aerial cableway in the Alps, the Schilthorn.
- Discounted fares are only valid with a Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Half Fare Card and Eurail Passes that include Switzerland, please refer to the type of pass you have when selecting your tickets.
- All child rates are valid for children ages 6 -15.
- Children under 6 are free.
- Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note: these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
- Train Tickets and the Swiss Transfer ticket are not valid for rail pass discounts.
- Tickets are valid for six months from the date of purchase.
- The cable-cars between Stechelberg and Schilthorn will not operate on April 24 to April 28 and November 18 to December 8, 2017 due to maintenance work.
- Prices are subject to change.
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. Do the train stations offer services to help carry my luggage?
A. Many train stations in Europe have self-service luggage carts that you can use to transport your luggage through the train station. These carts are usually coin-operated and when you return your cart, you’ll get your coin back.
It’s always best to pack light and anticipate that you will need to carry your own luggage. Only a few stations in Europe offer porter services. Also keep in mind that while some stations offer elevators and/or escalators, you may need to carry your luggage up or down stairs to reach the correct train platform.
Q. Are the train tickets you send me the actual tickets, or do I need to exchange them at the station?
A. If you selected the paper delivery option, then yes – the travel documents you receive from us in the mail are your actual train tickets. Do not lose them, because we cannot replace them.
Only the original paper ticket will be accepted onboard the train. No other document such as a print out of the email invoice can be used in lieu of the original paper train ticket.
Q. Can I bring my pet on board?
A. Generally, cats and dogs are allowed on trains, though they may need to be contained in a pet carrier or wear a muzzle or leash. Pets are not allowed on some trains in Great Britain, Spain, Ireland, Norway, and Finland. Currently the only animals that are permitted to travel on Eurostar are guide dogs for the visually impaired.
Some trains require advance reservations for pets. Unfortunately, Rail Europe cannot make reservations for your pet. This will need to be done locally. In general, dogs normally travel at half the fare of a second class ticket, payable directly to the conductor.
Q. Do I need to book a rail pass for everyone in my traveling party, including children and infants?
A. You will need to book a rail pass for each adult and child. In the case of a saver pass, it’s one rail pass with each traveller’s name listed on the pass. Some rail passes offer free child discounts, the children need to be added to the rail pass at the time of booking, there will be no charge incurred for them, however. While a child under 4 years of age and sharing a seat with an adult does not need to book a rail pass. If the child will occupy his/her own seat, a rail pass must be purchased for them, as well as a reservation when needed.
Q. Can I give or resell my train ticket to someone else? Or can I travel with someone else’s ticket?
A. It depends if the train ticket has your name printed on it or not. In general, most tickets that include a reservation are name-specific and should only be used by the traveller whose name is printed.
Open tickets, on the other hand, are not name-specific. Different travellers can use them as long as the new traveller is eligible for the fare issued.
Q. Can I change seats after the train departs?
A. You may check with the conductor once your train departs to see if there are any other available seating options.
Please note that you should stay in the same class of service as your ticket or you may incur a surcharge.
If you change seats and the seat you move to is reserved by another traveller, they will have priority.
Q. Can I add products to an earlier booking and avoid paying the shipping or booking fees?
A. Unfortunately, once a booking has been finalized it’s being processed and we’re unable to alter it.
Q. Do I need to make a reservation if I’m traveling with a rail pass on an overnight train?
A. Yes. Even with your rail pass, you will need to make a reservation on any overnight train. Reservations are required for sleeping compartments, couchettes, and seats. Depending on where you’re traveling, the guidelines of the specific train and/or the type of rail pass you have, you may be entitled to purchase a reservation in place of a full price ticket.
You can search for overnight reservations directly on our website - just be sure to select the "I have a rail pass" option.
Q. Do you ship to PO and APO boxes?
A. At this time, we are unable to ship to P.O. or A.P.O. boxes.
Q. Who should I contact with a question about a special offer?
A. Questions about special offers may be submitted to us by filling in our Contact Form on this website. We will respond within 24-48 hours.